Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2018, 04:08:48 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Limit of non HD wallet and how to update to 0.13.1?  (Read 334 times)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 12:40:28 PM

Hi im using the 0.13.0 version, with my 0.12.x wallet (so the pre HD era) because I was too lazy to do the whole thing of auto sending me the coins to a new wallet because I would need 2 computers. Anyway im still using the non HD wallet. I would like to know what is the limit of non HD wallets. I remember reading about how it can run out of sending or receiving addresses. Does the program tell you when you can't generate any more addresses? How can I check how many addresses does the wallet have left?

Also what is the way to update to 0.13.1? Just install on top of the 0.13.0 and that's it? When I run 0.13.1 node I am helping to activate segwit already or do I need to do something else? or this is only for miners? Sorry for a lot of extra mixed questions.

▄▄█████▄▄
  ▄█▀▀██▀█▀██▀▀█▄
 ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██  ██
▐██  ██ ▐█▌ ██  ██▌
 ██  █▌ ▐█▌ ▐█  ██
 ██▌ █▌ ▐█▌ ▐█ ▐██
  ██ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ██
   ██▐█▌▐█▌▐█▌██
    ▀██████████
      ███████▀
      ▐█  ██▌
      ▐█  ██▌
      ▐█  ██▌
      ▐█  ██▌
      ▐█  ██▌
       ▀███▀

▄█▄▄                                ▄▄█▄
       ▄█████▀                            ▀██████
      ██████ ▄▄       ▄▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████
     ██████ ▄██████ ▄███████████████████████ ██████▄
   ▄██████ ██████▀ █████▀▀▄▄▀▀███████████████ ▀█████▄
  ▄█████▀ ██████▀ ████▀ ▄█████▄▄▀▀████████████▄▀██████
 ██████▀▄███████▄ ▀▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀██████████▄ ██████
▀█████ ▄█████████████████████████████▄▄▀█████████ █████▀
   ▀▀  █████████████████████████████████▄▄▀█████▀  ▀▀
        ▀ ▄▄ ▀█▀▀▀▀███████████████▀▀███████▄ ▀▀
        ▄████  ████ ████████████████▄▄▀▀██████
        ▀██▀ ▄████ ▄▄ ▀████████▄▀▀██████▄ ▀▀▀
            ████▀ ████ ███████████▄ ▀█████
            ▀▀▀ ▄████ ▄▄▄▀███▀▀██████▄
                ▀██▀ ████▌▐████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
                    ▀███▀  ▀█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1063

Hire BOUNTYPORTALS>Bounty management goo.gl/XKv9TK

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:25:13 PM

Hi im using the 0.13.0 version, with my 0.12.x wallet (so the pre HD era) because I was too lazy to do the whole thing of auto sending me the coins to a new wallet because I would need 2 computers. Anyway im still using the non HD wallet. I would like to know what is the limit of non HD wallets. I remember reading about how it can run out of sending or receiving addresses. Does the program tell you when you can't generate any more addresses? How can I check how many addresses does the wallet have left?

With the old Bitcoin Core , when a wallet is created each private key is generated individually (100 of them are pre generated in advance) so you have to make a Backup after each additional 100 transaction you make so no there is no "limit" , you just have to take backups from time to time .

Also what is the way to update to 0.13.1? Just install on top of the 0.13.0 and that's it? When I run 0.13.1 node I am helping to activate segwit already or do I need to do something else? or this is only for miners? Sorry for a lot of extra mixed questions.

Backup your wallet.dat , Install the new version and that's pretty much it. Running a node won't help doing anything (except helping securing the bitcoin network) , so yes this is only for the miners.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.