Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:16:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [resolved] Bitfloor/LocalTill deposit confirmation delays  (Read 2015 times)
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:39:03 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2013, 07:02:14 PM by justusranvier

I made a BoA deposit at approximately 2200 UTC, and still haven't seen it credited to my Bitfloor account. According to emails received from both LocalTill and Bitfloor there is some kind of technical difficulties that are affecting all cash deposits.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone say when they most recently made a successful deposit to Bitfloor via LocalTill?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:06:37 AM

My last LocalTill deposit was three weeks ago; it took about 30 minutes. Let us know how this pans out.
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:28:30 AM

it took about 30 minutes.
Until today, this was my experience as well.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:43:49 AM

Same here. Am seeing this message on my account page:

LocalTill is experiencing technical issues with Bank of America deposits. These deposts are delayed but will be processed once the issue is resolved.
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:48:44 AM

I'm going to go to sleep now. The only thing that would make me feel better about this is if I woke up to double digit prices, and had my money credited to my account to buy with.

Murphy's Law suggests that my deposit will be available 5 minutes after I go to sleep and I'll wake up to a new ATH.
Severian

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:50:55 AM

Murphy's Law suggests that my deposit will be available 5 minutes after I go to sleep and I'll wake up to a new ATH.

Set an alarm:

http://www.bitcoin-tools.de/
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 05:42:23 AM

I was trying to purchase an avalon and sent money via bofa and missed the avalon cause they took 12hrs instead of 30min!

Bitfloor was very responsive and replied almost instantly and pointed me in the right direction but localtil took a while .. Too their credit they were in a different time zone and im sure they were just gone for the day! but..

That said, it was $6k +  so the fee was $250 i think it was ! !  So next time ill use wire transfer and wait 2 days! $15 fee not ($250)!!

$250 to move my money somewhere so i can purchase... but missed the purchase cause the process took 12hrs! eh.. That = me loosing $ for nothing!

Anyway dont worry youre funds will show. Im checking if i can get some loot on too bitstamp.. i want to try them too.. I like the fact that you can send bitcoins to youre bitstamp account, looks like bitfloor does not have that option. Plus the orderbook on bitstamp shows value prices and longer list of ask and buys so its a tuff call right now.  I kinda like bitfloor tho and i might just stay there..

Prices are always higher it seems on both bitstamp and bitfoor compared to mtgox but .. Im still wading in the verification pool Sad Hope i get on soon tho.. Not that im exactly in a rush, it looks like they have issues right now ..

Best Regard,
Zedicus!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:17:22 PM

14 hours
Severian

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:23:58 PM

18 hours.
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:02:36 PM

My deposit was credited at the 21 hour mark.
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:21:02 AM

Hmmm... that's an uncomfortable 21 hours. I hope this is an anomaly.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 03:40:05 AM

My deposit was credited at the 21 hour mark.

Glad you got it bro.. Depending on how much you moving .. if its gonna take that long then you might a well use bank wire or capital one and wait the dam two days!! For me it would have saved $235!!! 

something to think about.. We want it fast (30min) and we pay dearly 3-4 percent or what ever.. just to move $ to trading floor or to bitfloor!

bitfloor doesnt charge but localtill does! If you use capital one its free! Bank wire is flatfee $15.00!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:45:00 AM

if its gonna take that long then you might a well use bank wire or capital one and wait the dam two days!!
This is the only deposit I've ever done that's taken more than a half hour. Usually they are quite prompt.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:34:35 PM

For you guys that have done your deposit by way of LocalTill to Bitfloor, I have a question.

The LocalTill checkout instructions state that Bitfloor doesn't accept check deposits. So, when I went, I gave the teller my debit card along with the deposit slip and made sure to mark the amount as a cash deposit on the slip, assuming she would get cash from my debit card to send. On the receipt, however, it showed up as "From CHK Account [mine]" "To CHK Account [LocalTill]". I just looked online at BoA, and the transaction shows up as a "Cashed check hold". Hopefully the transaction is cash. I didn't make it over to the bank until right at 5pm, so the teller told me they wouldn't be able to send it until tomorrow, so now this is even more of a mess. No luck buying in when Mt. Gox comes back online. (A comment in general, we've really got to get more ways available to transfer money into our accounts that aren't stuck to banks' 5pm closing schedule, given that bitcoins are bought and sold on a 24/7 market.)
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:18:36 PM

I gave the teller my debit card along with the deposit slip and made sure to mark the amount as a cash deposit on the slip, assuming she would get cash from my debit card to send.
What? No.

Cash means cash. Go to an ATM, or make a withdrawal from your bank account and hand over the exact deposit amount down to the penny.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:46:15 PM

I gave the teller my debit card along with the deposit slip and made sure to mark the amount as a cash deposit on the slip, assuming she would get cash from my debit card to send.
What? No.

Cash means cash. Go to an ATM, or make a withdrawal from your bank account and hand over the exact deposit amount down to the penny.

Nope. Turns out it worked, dude.
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:04:58 PM

Do you have a BoA account yourself? How long did it take to show up in your Bitfloor account?
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:24:22 PM

Do you have a BoA account yourself? How long did it take to show up in your Bitfloor account?

Yeah, it was a BoA debit card (also my checking account card), and I wrote cash on the deposit slip and sent the card up the tube along with the slip to the teller. You might be right that they wouldn't do it if it wasn't a BoA card -- without fees, at least.

I made it to the bank right before 5pm yesterday, receipt said 5:02pm, so the teller told me it wouldn't be sent until the next day (today). Bitfloor website says the money came in to my account at noon today. It's hard to gauge the amount of time it took to actually do the transfer, though, as we don't know how soon the BoA systems got around to finalizing the transaction this morning. It was "pending" on my account last night, so, worst case scenario, it took until the beginning of banking today until noon, meaning around 3-4 hours to do the actual transaction.

I'll have to try it again at some point before 5pm one day so we can see if this method is identical to handing them cash.
fingerpaint

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:48:33 PM

Yeah, it was a BoA debit card (also my checking account card), and I wrote cash on the deposit slip and sent the card up the tube along with the slip to the teller. You might be right that they wouldn't do it if it wasn't a BoA card -- without fees, at least.

I made it to the bank right before 5pm yesterday, receipt said 5:02pm, so the teller told me it wouldn't be sent until the next day (today). Bitfloor website says the money came in to my account at noon today. It's hard to gauge the amount of time it took to actually do the transfer, though, as we don't know how soon the BoA systems got around to finalizing the transaction this morning. It was "pending" on my account last night, so, worst case scenario, it took until the beginning of banking today until noon, meaning around 3-4 hours to do the actual transaction.

I'll have to try it again at some point before 5pm one day so we can see if this method is identical to handing them cash.

Using my BofA debit card worked for me as well. The teller offered to do it as a transfer, but I insisted that she process it as cash instead. The money was in my bitfloor account before I even got home. Not bad for a Saturday at Noon Pacific Time.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:08:10 AM

Using my BofA debit card worked for me as well. The teller offered to do it as a transfer, but I insisted that she process it as cash instead. The money was in my bitfloor account before I even got home. Not bad for a Saturday at Noon Pacific Time.

I forgot that some BoAs are open on Saturday. That's huge.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: