Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:47:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that I was not a troll, just a stupid jerk!!!  (Read 2218 times)
lost in the wild (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:34:28 AM

Last Friday (US CDT), I made a post here accusing MtGox of losing my BTC and Transaction History (see http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14881.0 ).

Some called me a troll and other took me at face value and offered possible suggestions.  I later posted in http://reddit.com/r/MtGox a link back to the Bitcoin Forum thread.

MtGox did not lose any bitcoins of mine.  They did not lose any Transaction History.  Instead, I am an idiot.

I had somehow suceeded in creating two MtGox accounts where the userid differed by one letter.

About an hour ago, MagicalTux finally had the time to respond to e-mail for help and pointed out my error, in a gracious and non-judgemental way.  My btc are there.  My transaction history is there.  And I'm considering crawling into a hole and never posting again.

My biggest regret is that my stupidity corrresonded with the dwolla issues that meant it took so long for MagicalTux to point out how stupid I was.  He didn't say so, but there was every indication that he was satisfied to leave the resolution private.  Given how much I went out of my way to make an ass of myself, I am not comfortable with that.

I do have one request of the Bitcoin Forum admins, if it is possible:  I did not reply to my original post because I did not want to bring it to the front page.   However, if there is a way to place a pointer to this post in that thread without bringing it out of the obscurity I would love to see it remain in, that would be great.  If it were also possible to change the thread title to include "I was wrong: " at the beginning, I would be grateful.

I cannot praise the muted response from MagicalTux enough.  I hope he is able to hire some people to deal with the e-mails and respond to idiots like me, so he can actually spend time on important matters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maxxx

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:39:00 AM

Lol That may have been very stupid but you have come forward again to set the record straight. That's gotta be worth something.

Time is money. This means that if you have spare time, you can use it to make money.

Modular, open, and stack-able miner case.
mouse

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:39:26 AM

kudos for fessing up
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 03:41:49 AM

You can change the title of the old thread and even edit your first post to include this message. Adding [Sorry, my bad] to the old title is probably good.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
lost in the wild (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:46:08 AM

You can change the title of the old thread and even edit your first post to include this message. Adding [Sorry, my bad] to the old title is probably good.

Thanks.  I wasn't aware of that.

Done!
triforcelink

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:49:23 AM

kudos for fessing up

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 04:03:49 AM

its amazing just how suspicious we all are of him.  even i was at the beginning.  and i continue to see posts posted regularly of his supposed nefarious activities. 

but i can tell u the more i've dealt with him, and i have with large amts of money, he has always come thru.  amazing what he's accomplishing all by himself.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 04:30:10 AM

+100 Class Points for just coming out and giving the full story once you discovered the root cause.

I respect that.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:00:54 AM

Last Friday (US CDT), I made a post here accusing MtGox of losing my BTC and Transaction History (see http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14881.0 ).

Some called me a troll and other took me at face value and offered possible suggestions.  I later posted in http://reddit.com/r/MtGox a link back to the Bitcoin Forum thread.

MtGox did not lose any bitcoins of mine.  They did not lose any Transaction History.  Instead, I am an idiot.

I had somehow suceeded in creating two MtGox accounts where the userid differed by one letter.

About an hour ago, MagicalTux finally had the time to respond to e-mail for help and pointed out my error, in a gracious and non-judgemental way.  My btc are there.  My transaction history is there.  And I'm considering crawling into a hole and never posting again.

My biggest regret is that my stupidity corrresonded with the dwolla issues that meant it took so long for MagicalTux to point out how stupid I was.  He didn't say so, but there was every indication that he was satisfied to leave the resolution private.  Given how much I went out of my way to make an ass of myself, I am not comfortable with that.

I do have one request of the Bitcoin Forum admins, if it is possible:  I did not reply to my original post because I did not want to bring it to the front page.   However, if there is a way to place a pointer to this post in that thread without bringing it out of the obscurity I would love to see it remain in, that would be great.  If it were also possible to change the thread title to include "I was wrong: " at the beginning, I would be grateful.

I cannot praise the muted response from MagicalTux enough.  I hope he is able to hire some people to deal with the e-mails and respond to idiots like me, so he can actually spend time on important matters.

This is all very Hamiltonian of you.  I applaud.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:17:11 AM

Lol That may have been very stupid but you have come forward again to set the record straight. That's gotta be worth something.

+1

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:24:26 AM

it's good for the heart.

if i could only go back and 'fess up to every time i've been an idiot...

+10
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: