Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:32:57 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant to Blockchain wallet delay  (Read 894 times)
tripleswag333 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:42:44 AM

I recently signed up for a wallet on blockchain.info.  I used the cash deposit method and filled out the info. I went to my local Walmart and paid via money gram. I got a confirmation email instantly from zipzap that it was successful. And now, 16 hours later, nothing. What is going on? Is this because of MT Gox issues? I dont have the transaction number but have the receipt and email receipt from zipzap. I searched the block chain and it says I have no transactions. What gives?
GrandDaddyPurp

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:25:59 PM

I did the same thing yesterday morning early. Paid through moneygram using bitinstant cash deposit to my blockchain wallet address and over 24 hours later still nothing. That was 175 USD too. Then about 8 hours later I sent another 175 through bitinstant using cash deposit through moneygram to my mtgox account. Now it is 18 hours later. Still nothing in there either. This is bs. I have 350 floating around cyberspace somewhere. I may never recover it it seems.
Cogine

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:33:41 PM

Yes same here.
Bit Instant appears to have had very many issues the last few days with their API.
Have an issue pending myself.

There is so much money just floating out there right now that is waiting to hit the market.
Could you imagine if things like this happened with Scottrade or any of the other online stock trading systems.
It would be all over the news and something might actually get done.

They probably just do not have enough people working for them since BitCoins have exploded the last few months. Since they are busy processing and fixing orders they do not appear to have enough time to hire anyone.
Or, not hiring anyone so they do not have share any of their profits with anyone.

But they probably have one hell of a backlog right now.
tripleswag333 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:36:43 PM

To update the situation, nothing has been resolved or even addressed as of yet. Sent email to bitinstant support and no reply. Nothing has shown up in my wallet. Been 28 hours and nothing. At least zipzap worked normally. I wonder what will be done to compensate. Will I get the price as of when my money was sent per the zipzap email? If the price goes down can I get a better price? How about the 3.99% fee plus the 0.5% fee I paid for the private wallet transfer? Will those be refunded or at least rolled into Bitcoins? I'm waiting...friends and family are also curious about Bitcoin and I've told them to use caution with bitinstant.
GrandDaddyPurp

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:34:25 PM

My one transaction that I placed, cash deposit to mtgox, was screwed up but with the bitinstant confirmation email they gave me a mtgox coupon code that is labeled as api something. I plugged that code into mtgox redeem code section and all my money was deposited. Unfortunately for my other transaction, cash deposit to bitcoin address, is still unresolved. I sent out an email to zipzap and they gave me more information on my order to send over to bitinstant. I sent bitinstant a few emails. The last one containing every ounce of info that I can muster up for the transaction. For anyone that was depositing cash to mtgox. Find your bitinstant support confirmation email. Find the API code starting with the letters MTGOX and plug that into the redeem mtgox code section. Presto. Your problems are solved. With everything other kind of transaction that is failing on bitinstants end I do not think anything will happen today.
dontek

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:56:13 PM

Interesting.
Yesterday morning about 10am I went on Bitinstant and filled out the paperwork for a Western Union deposit. Went to the little corner store down the street and sent the money to ZipZap. Within 10 minutes the order processed and were sent to me. Then went to blockchain and got a wallet, went back to bitinstant and transferred the bitcoins and they showed up within a matter of minutes.
Not sure. Maybe it's because my order was placed and received prior to the Mt Gox fiasco yesterday by about an hour?

Send me your Bitcoin and I will make sure to HODL it safe for you!
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:57:09 PM

maybe it is just me but did not notice any delay
GrandDaddyPurp

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:04:27 PM

Interesting.
Yesterday morning about 10am I went on Bitinstant and filled out the paperwork for a Western Union deposit. Went to the little corner store down the street and sent the money to ZipZap. Within 10 minutes the order processed and were sent to me. Then went to blockchain and got a wallet, went back to bitinstant and transferred the bitcoins and they showed up within a matter of minutes.
Not sure. Maybe it's because my order was placed and received prior to the Mt Gox fiasco yesterday by about an hour?

I processed my order at 8am yesterday morning. A couple hours before the mtgox fiasco became noticeable. I think they were having issues from the night before, but, it caught up and eventually the site was screwy. I just got a email from bitinstant about my other order that never went through. They said they reprocessed the transaction and that I will receive my funds soon.
dontek

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:08:47 PM

FWIW, when I placed my order yesterday, this is the time frame of events. Now, keep in mind that I am definitely a NOOB and don't understand this completely but I am learning. Hopefully this will help someone with something.

10:27am - Printed out "invoice" from ZipZap
10:36am - Sent the $ via Moneygram to Zip Zap
10:42am - Received "Successful Payment Processed" email from ZipZap
10:46am - Received "BitInstant order via Coinapult" email
11:03am - Received Coinapult Confirmation of order
11:16am - Setup wallet on BlockChain
11:17am - Requested Bitcoins be transferred from Coinapult to BlockChain wallet (link was in 11:03am email from Coinapult)
11:25am - All my Bitcoins had arrived in my BlockChain wallet

Send me your Bitcoin and I will make sure to HODL it safe for you!
tripleswag333 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:28:24 AM

Update/bump:

Still NO replies from help@Blockchain.info, support@bitinstant.com, bitinstant "live chat" (usually live chat implies instant replies similar to a chat room. That's how it always worked for me in other accounts such as a stock trading account or any site really. The way bitinstant works, it is just a form that they reply to via email, or so they claim.) Also no official replies to this thread. This is laughable. I understand a surge in demand can cause issues but at least reply with a form email telling me someone will eventually resolve my issue. I'm starting to think bitinstant is nothing more than a ponzi that eventually will steal a bunch of people's money. Use at your own risk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: