Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] Ubitio.us - filehosting service  (Read 1610 times)
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:41:55 AM

I am looking to sell Ubitio.us - http://ubitio.us

'Ubitious' is a file sharing site.

Features:
- Very simple.
- No registration required, no logs kept.
- Unlimited file size.
- 7 days expiration after last download.
- Earn bitcoins for all your files downloads.
- Auto thumbnails feature for image and video uploads.
- It's free to upload file and to download you need to pay at least 2 bitcents.

If you want to earn money for your files, you need to invest into this file first. After uploading of the file you will be given bitcoin address where to send your invested bitcoins. Price to download will be set to amount you invested. You will get 70% share for each download.

This service is ideal for selling art, songs, software.

It's written on Perl + Catalyst Framework (same software used in my Bitcoin Poker Room - https://github.com/hippich/Bitcoin-Poker-Room)

Database backend - simple Sqlite file database but can be deployed to MySQL easily - thanks to DBIx::Class module authors.

Files are stored on amazon s3. Authentication used to prevent hot linking and not paid file downloads.

Domain receives about 50 visitors daily with spikes when someone share something on reddit.com or alike.

I would not say it great money wise as is - it was just fun project, but it generated about 2 bitcoins revenue over last 3 month =)) But probably right marketing and more features will finally kick it.

Code written pretty well + some unit tests for model in place. There is no tests for File controller tho, I was more worried about model (part handling files storage a payments - ie most of business logic).

As result of purchase you will receive full GIT repository + current DB + domain. Not sure how to deal with existing uploads... There are not too many, but I do not think there is a way to move amazon S3 bucket automagically.. So probably some hand work will be required there - will see.

I have no idea how much it should cost, so please post offers in this topic. If I will not receive good offer I will open source it closer to domain expiration date.

Only bitcoins offers are accepted.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 09:59:42 PM

Ah. And of course I will trow in Twitter account. I.e. everything you need to take full ownership.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: