Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPlutos Scam  (Read 663 times)
shylastrikes (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 04:37:03 PM

Hi.

New user, long time lurker here.  I don't normally comment on bitcointalk but I felt compelled to warn people.  I opened an account with www.Bitplutos.com.  I did some basic research and didn't find much about the company (a couple of scam complaints but they were lacking in details).  Basically they are a binary options dealer that allows users to deposit, trade and withdraw* bitcoins.  The problem is, they are a scam.  

Long story short, their bonus terms are very clear.  If you make a BTC deposit, you can get a bonus that has a rollover requirement (30x the bonus amount).  However, if you want to withdraw before you complete the bonus, you can have your bonus + any profits removed and withdraw your original deposit (less any losses if you have any).  The terms can be found here: https://www.bitplutos.com/bonus-terms/

Anyways, I made a deposit of 0.3125 and 0.50.  In total, I got 0.55 in BTC (50% on my 0.50 deposit and 0.30 as a first risk-free trade).  

With regard to trading, their platform is actually pretty good.  The executions are fast and accurate and their expirations prices are good (to be fair, I never had a close expiration).  Their rates are below average unless you deposit a certain amount and then their raise your return %. And their buyback rate is shit, but it is like that for most binary options broker.  They have a large number of assets and can trade a lot of assets.

After a couple of days of trading, I reached a balance of 1.5033 BTC, and completed a third of my rollover.  This meant I had my original deposit, plus the bonus, plus ~0.165 BTC in profits.  I decided that I want to withdraw my original deposit.  This meant that I would need to give up my profit, which I was fine with.  

I submitted a withdrawal and the next morning, i got an e-mail saying my withdrawal request was canceled and I need to complete the rollover.  I responded to the e-mail that I want to surrender the bonuses and profits and bonus and just withdraw the original deposits of 0.8125 as per the bonus terms and conditions.  I didn't get a response at all.  I contacted live chat and they flat out lied about the terms and conditions, even after I linked and cited their own terms on their website.  They eventually told me to send another message to a different e-mail address.  I did.  They made more excused not to pay me out and told me flat-out to keep on trading or lose everything.

I decided I had no option but to try to clear the rollover.  Given my balance, I needed 4 straight wins and I would have traded enough to withdraw.  I bought a EURAUD call, and it won.  I then had 2.7059 BTC in my account and still needed to trade ~10.5 to withdraw.  I bought a USDCHF put and it also won.  Now I had 5.0059 BTC in my account and needed to trade ~7.8 more. This was on Friday.

I logged on this morning and notice that the payout rates for trades were halved.  Instead of paying out 70-85%, they are payout ing 35-40%.  This is crazy for binary options trading.  I contact live chat and they basically told me to piss off.  

About 2 hours later, I tried to log in and it said my account was suspended.  I contacted live chat and they said they closed my account and my balance was forfeit.  They didn't even give me a reason.  After half an hour of arguing, they claimed I lost my balance on trades this morning which was bullshit because I didn't do anything today.  They said that my account was closed forever and they would not be returning anything to me.

I am lucky enough that 0.8125 isn't a big deal (I made twice that amount today spread betting any another company), but I want to warn people not to use this company.  They are a complete scam.  They will not pay you out and if you get anywhere close to being able to withdraw...they will outright close your account and steal your BTC.

The thing is, I was planning on making several larger deposits in the coming weeks (around 5 BTC in total).  So I guess in a way I am fortunate that I only lost 0.8125 BTC.  Still sucks, but it could be worse.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 06:56:32 PM

I am sorry for your lost.
You should move this topic to scam accusation board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 with evidence, but your winnings are looking too high and too good to be truth, i mean, 0.8BTC to 5BTC in just few days smells fishy.

I did some basic research and didn't find much about the company (a couple of scam complaints but they were lacking in details).
Hm after you couldn't find much information about company, and after couple scam complains you still decided to put your money in that site? Why?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6097

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:27:15 PM

Last year ,I made a couple of threads about them and people who used them actually complained (I'm not sure If you found them or not ) but all details were there and If I were you I wouldn't think of using them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1130864.0 (July 2015)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175507.0 (September 2015)

A rule that you should follow (I work with it and I'm fine till now) : anything advertised on Cointelegraph and nowhere else = scam.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shylastrikes (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:19:39 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2016, 08:35:00 PM by shylastrikes

I am sorry for your lost.
You should move this topic to scam accusation board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 with evidence, but your winnings are looking too high and too good to be truth, i mean, 0.8BTC to 5BTC in just few days smells fishy.

I did some basic research and didn't find much about the company (a couple of scam complaints but they were lacking in details).
Hm after you couldn't find much information about company, and after couple scam complains you still decided to put your money in that site? Why?

Well most Binary Option and Forex companies get some complaints...usually people who lost money legitimately or competetors, but they don't give any details.  Even the spread betting companies / bookies that I use today have hundreads of complaint but they are fair and pay out on time).  I did read one complaint on Bitcointalk about someone who deposited 1 BTC and tried to withdraw without completing the bonus rollover, but he got his original deposit back (that was like a year ago I think).  So I assumed that he was just angry that he couldn't keep his profits.

Also note that with Binary options, you either lose what you risk or win 85%.  My goal to reach the rollover requirement was to risk 1.5 btc to try to win 2.7 btc, then risk 2.7 btc to try to win 5 btc...and so forth until I wagered enough to complete the BS rollover requirement.  When I did out the math, I needed to win 3 straight trades with my entire balance on the line and then a 4th trade for like 3 BTC...and if I lost any of the 3, I would lose the entire balance.

After several days of trading, I only had ~0.165 in profits (with an account size of 0.8125 + 0.55 in bonus).  The reason it jumped to 2.7 and 5 is becaue I risked my entire balance two times trying to clear the rollover requirements after they refused to pay me.

How do I move this topic to the scam accusation board?

Again, 0.8125 BTC isn't the end of the world for me.  Even if I lost my balance legitimately I would not mind, I just hate getting scammed.  And want to make sure nobody else gets scammed by them.  
shylastrikes (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:29:44 PM

Last year ,I made a couple of threads about them and people who used them actually complained (I'm not sure If you found them or not ) but all details were there and If I were you I wouldn't think of using them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1130864.0 (July 2015)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175507.0 (September 2015)

A rule that you should follow (I work with it and I'm fine till now) : anything advertised on Cointelegraph and nowhere else = scam.

Yes, I did read that thread.  From my understanding, one person made a 1 BTC deposit, got the bonus and tried to withdraw his bonus as well as his deposit before clearing the rollover requirement.  He did get his original deposit back but was angry he didn't keep his bonus + profits (as their agreement states).  That was a year ago.  I tried to withdraw my original deposits and allow them to keep the bonus and profits that I made but they refused and kept on making excuse after excuse.  

I never heard of Cointelegraph but thanks for the heads up.
bets21

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:27:59 AM

i have different problem.
made deposit and balance not shown in the account , and when i confirm they ignore me. tons email i sent and never got replied
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: