Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:01:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will AI make humans extinct?  (Read 3339 times)
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 09:19:24 PM

Artificial Intelligence is just a creation of man. And he will always be under the control of mankind. No need to exaggerate its capabilities

There is AI that can learn even now so imagine in 100 years the AI wont be under mans control if it doesn't want to be.

I think one controlled EMP bomb would solve the problem pretty quickly.

Like I said in another thread it may not be that easy. Emp would hit vital infrastructure as well. Power supply we need, industries, etc. And rebuilding from that could be very hard if it happens during a larger conflict. And it may not be possible to bomb the ai at all. Like if it doesn't need specialized hardware and can spread through the internet for example. Or if it is housed in shielded bunkers or something.
epitome

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 11:50:23 PM

With the advent of AI one thing that is certain is that people will lose their jobs,when computer revolution started many jobs were replaced by computers and that will be the case here.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:30:25 AM

With the advent of AI one thing that is certain is that people will lose their jobs,when computer revolution started many jobs were replaced by computers and that will be the case here.

This is not a problem because:
1. If AI doesn't invent a whole lot more ways for us to make money, we will;
2. If there are no jobs, people will not be able to buy anything AI makes, thereby collapsing the AI system. It will take a little time, but people will start to make affordable things for each other and the AI economy will collapse.
3. More than likely, after the AI system if manufacture gets going, people can all go on welfare, and get anything for free from the robots, and live the good life without having to work at all.

There is a reason why this is not practical for the people who control the world, but I am not going to go into that reason here. The point is, there is a way that people will always be a top commodity (human resources) for the rich.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 03:59:13 AM

Jobs will be replaced by computers and robots.But on the positive side, we are hoping that humans will be more relax and hope can focus on more important aspects in life such as research and development for the betterment of life.Also, since jobs will be replaced by robots,humas should have a compensation something like allowance monthly for basic needs.  Cheesy

Open for Campaigns
sourris01

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:11:00 AM

Jobs will be replaced by computers and robots.But on the positive side, we are hoping that humans will be more relax and hope can focus on more important aspects in life such as research and development for the betterment of life.Also, since jobs will be replaced by robots,humas should have a compensation something like allowance monthly for basic needs.  Cheesy

The government will never give money to people for free. This will lead to chaos, crime and degradation. Completely impossible to replace human labor to robots
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:13:53 AM

Very interesting question. Made me think.
The question of extinction is not dependent on AI -. But what will be dependent on AI is the question of our relevance.

Primordially, as long as humans are cohabiting and doing sexual intercourses... we will not become extinct.
But we may not become relevant in terms of doing things we normally do in our daily lives.

sugarfly

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:51:28 AM

Much like computers have helped humans become more productive and create more with less,
AI will help people advance more and possibly even AVERT their own extinction.

I look at AI as computers 2.0.
This will only be beneficial for humans,
but only if we are allowed to each have our individual AI entities in our homes.

If AI is in any form centralised (especially by governments or corporations)
this will end very very badly.

AI's must be used as extensions of the individuals brain.
Governments can't be allowed to be the only ones to have AI,
because they will abuse it for their own nefarious goals.

-sf-
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 06:17:47 PM

Everything will disappear one day, the question is when. You know, dinosaur dominate this planet for millions of years and now they are instincts.

Our technology society is only 200 years old and we don't know how to respect the nature, we destroy the air, we destroy the water, we use every resources available, we create wars. The humans race will not be permanent, one day we are going to disappear like the dinosaur.

Probably we are going to create a new specie who will think faster, a human cyborg race.

Look the movie : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcendence_(2014_film)

Crystal11

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:24:05 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 10:59:18 PM by Crystal11

So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i don't believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?

come on, cut the crap, the AI will never make humans extinct lol, thats the most hilarious thing I've heard  Grin
In order to happen this, the robots must :
1 . be  very advanced and self-sustainable .
2.  they must build millions of units for attack in factories.
3. they can't build factories to produce more robots without using a high source of power/energy ,not to mention that they'll need all the metal from many countries.
3a. Nuclear electricity to be used in their factories can't be produced without being detected the radiation signature from satellites unless is very deep in mountains.
3b. I don't see robots in 2050 to be able and so smart to produce nuclear energy by themselves in some secret underground facility , now they are barely stable on their legs and this is after decades of research and experiments from scientists.
In 2050 if you see a robot dancing perfectly on his own legs that would be a great achievement  Grin
In order to build smart and very advanced cyborgs ,the human kind must be very smart and very advanced too but this  unfortunately won't happen not even in 10,000 years because we are still depending on money, corruption, greed and internal combustion engines  Grin in other words we are progressing very very slow.
Please come back with the same question 20,000 years later if a meteorite or global warming won't extinct us (not directly but indirectly starting with our flora and fauna = food) before the cyborgs does  Cheesy

E-currency exchange rates rating ▐ 70 claims/daily
 only in Komodo on Secryptzia and get paid instant to expresscrypto▐ Get paid to post on Beermoneyforum ▐ Claim 35+ cryptocoins from Dutchy autofaucet▐ Autoclaim in 27 coins on Express Dutchy autofaucet ▐  Earn satoshi with bitcoin-ptc Bitter.io (bitcoin PTC)  (min 10k direct to wallet)▐ Thanks for your support by joining these links Smiley Signature updated often.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:43:33 AM

Humans will not be extinct because of AI. I could not see that AI can harm humans at all if there were be AI that is as smart as a human one day, then humans must be advanced at that time too making it hard for AI to betray them. If we were all to be extinct, I don't see AI is the one who will do that. I think a meteorite as big as the one who made the dinosaurs extinct is what will make us extinct after all, history repeats itself. It is also possible that unpredicted phenomenons unimaginable by humans will make us extinct.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:02:43 AM

The problem isn't the AI. The problem is the original programmers who program the AI's subconscious minds to make slaves of other people.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
quit_gambling_for_good

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:23:28 AM

I don't think AI will make humans extinct, because humans create the AI, you never see AI create Humans, so with this logic, Humans will never extinct because of AI Cheesy
Gronthaing
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:51:50 AM

I don't think AI will make humans extinct, because humans create the AI, you never see AI create Humans, so with this logic, Humans will never extinct because of AI Cheesy

By that logic apes or what other animals we descend from could never become extinct because of us. That doesn't make sense of course. And made worse by the fact that ai isn't a tool. Not a car or weapon designed to do some specific thing. By definition it is much more. Supposed to have reasoning of some kind and able to adapt to circumstances like we can. So I never understood this idea that because we create it ai can never be a threat to us.
Douglazzz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:52:47 AM

The humans are better than the AI because humans are always right.  Wink
lovenhom

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:34:28 PM

So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?
In this life, anything is possible. It is just that we can not verify clearly.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:42:20 PM

By that logic apes or what other animals we descend from could never become extinct because of us. That doesn't make sense of course. And made worse by the fact that ai isn't a tool. Not a car or weapon designed to do some specific thing. By definition it is much more. Supposed to have reasoning of some kind and able to adapt to circumstances like we can. So I never understood this idea that because we create it ai can never be a threat to us.

I agree, but for a slightly different reason. We as organisms compete for limited resources, mainly food. As machines wouldn't require food, I don't see an incentive for AI to wipe us out. Plenty of energy sources that aren't contested. The sun for example. As for humans being relegated to non productivity, I can see that happening. Manual labor is easy to automate; we are getting better at automating finer tasks. When we aren't needed, we won't have jobs. That won't work, as capitalism requires consumerism. Eventually, we will all get a wage from the government, I think. Just for being a citizen.

The wheels of commerce will grind until they are smooth.
Gronthaing
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:25:29 AM

^ mostly agree with you. But machines need spare parts as well. Those require resources we use. Yes, ai could probably go mine asteroids or something and use only green power. But would it? And for how long? Problem is ai would "evolve" faster than us. At what point would it think there is no point in taking our needs into account? We don't care about destroying an anthill or whatever if there is a project to be completed. Another problem is thinking ai will share our morals and values when it may not. We could end up with something we cannot understand or guess the motivations of.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:03:59 PM

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?

No creation/creatures is good than its creator.  There is no way human will be extinct even if we by the time you are saying, 2040, mingle with those AI, we can never extinct.  Unless they make those creatures self regeneration or reproductive system and marries human or their alike, then maybe.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:07:59 PM

That will ultimately depend on the  AI, on one hand, the AI  can help humans in a lot of ways which will include combating diseases,ending famine and a whole lot of things but from movies they can rise against us and thus bring the end upon us.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:21:39 PM

Artificial Intelligence is just a creation of man. And he will always be under the control of mankind. No need to exaggerate its capabilities
People always think so. It is impossible to predict everything that can happen. Intelligence even if it is still artificial intelligence. Already tested the cars without drivers. It's good, but what will the dismissed drivers. Now a more developed person displaces animals. Maybe someday a more advanced intelligence will displace people.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: