Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:04:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will AI make humans extinct?  (Read 3332 times)
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

If an AI is created that fully understands everthing, it will see that the only way to preserve the earth is to eliminate humans. That is all we need to know.

Do not build an AI that can learn infinitely or this will happen. Especially one that can learn how to code.

Yeah it depends if AI is looking out for its own survival. If so then humans would be the biggest threat.

Similar to the matrix analogy, humans are to earth as cancer is to its host. Uncontrolled growth. So maybe AI will be the chemotherapy.  Difficult to know whether it will have its own intent or be content as a slave to humans.
AbbyS

Activity: 208
Merit: 104

Excellence is an attitude

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:37:37 PM

Advanced AI, will probably have a self preservation agenda, whichever that might mean.
- if it find no need to humanity for it's existence, we might experience some deadly viruses outbreaks 

AltcoinsTalks
⟫⟫ Offers bitcointalk users possibility to teleport their rank  ⟫⟫  Read details <<
Join more bounties on 2 forums

theredproof77

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:19:49 PM

I've dreamed of it, it's not like a soon event, but someday...
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:04:08 AM

If an AI is created that fully understands everthing, it will see that the only way to preserve the earth is to eliminate humans. That is all we need to know.

Do not build an AI that can learn infinitely or this will happen. Especially one that can learn how to code.

Yeah it depends if AI is looking out for its own survival. If so then humans would be the biggest threat.

Similar to the matrix analogy, humans are to earth as cancer is to its host. Uncontrolled growth. So maybe AI will be the chemotherapy.  Difficult to know whether it will have its own intent or be content as a slave to humans.

No reason to believe ai will use less resources and expand less than we have. Or that it will have any reason to want to preserve the earth as it is now as the other user said. Maybe it will be more efficient at using resources. But for all we know may come to require much more than earth can sustain and do more damage than we ever could.
CleverOracle

Activity: 549
Merit: 100

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:23:29 AM

It is inevitable that machines will become 'smarter' than a human as far as processing capability and memory goes but there's quite a difference between processing and memory versus processing capability, memory and judgment with emotions.

This goes back to the basic discussion of wisdom vs. intelligence.   A smart person is not necessarily a wise person. Likewise a smart machine is not necessarily a wise machine.   Machines can never have true innate wisdom because wisdom involves judgment, values and emotions which are more spiritual than physical.  An A.I. machine can never have a soul or a spirit because it is just a series of pre-programmed instructions and hardware designed by someone who does have such things ( i.e. a soul and a spirit).

Humans will never become obsolete

supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:48:21 AM

So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?

Maybe what made you reach this kind if idea is that you've watched a lot of sci-fi movies. Well, in any case, I think it's quite possible because people has a tendency to create something that destroys the earth. Computers are smart and it is smarter than humans. Maybe what we all have seen in the movie is possible.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:29:47 AM

All that man creates is aimed at the improvement of life, but there are always freaks who consider themselves smarter than everyone else and send these inventions for destruction. This could happen with artificial intelligence but it is progress and it is not possible to stop it.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 04:20:52 AM

before i'll state my opinion to these post...
may i first know where do you get the information about 2040 to 2050 time for AI to take over?

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
minime

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:32:57 AM

possible that ai is going to see humans as a threat against the planet and aganist ai
like its said in the matrix humas are a virus on this earth
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:44:23 AM

Not AI. Humans will make humans extinct.

That is what is currently happening. AI will be just a new helping tool in the future. It will be used for good purposes but we all know it can also be used for bad depends on who uses. It won't make us extinct because they have many flaws.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:18:27 AM

So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?
Hard AI is always a generation from now, we have been hearing that for decades, it is not going to be possible to create a hard AI humans will fail, you could create multiple soft AI, but never a hard AI.
bitlyre

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:31:59 AM

i dont think AI are the one who would make humans extinct. Even before there are AI, a lot has already been killing humans, pollution and even what we eat nowadays are slowly killing us so lets worry about that first before on extinction cause by AI.
7daystodie

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:45:14 AM

Theoretically, artificial intelligence can displace people, but in practice people will not allow it. I think that it can only make life easier, but it does not completely replace people.

Bored Logic

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:10:16 PM

No, It Will Not But it Also Possess A Great Threat . just Look At Facebook A.i Algorithm.
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:26:25 PM

AI will be more intelligent than humans, but I'm not sure if they will actually make us extinct. I think we've fantasized enough about that and I really think that we will take all precautions to avoid that from happening. If we do not take precautions and an AI will try to destroy humanity, I think it wouldn't succeed before 2100-2200, when computers become that intelligent that whatever decision we take, it doesn't matter... They'll destroy us. But I guess we'll have taken all necessary precautions by then.. Anyways, born in 2001, I'm dead by then anyways.

Regards,
Trump

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:06:58 AM

Theoretically, artificial intelligence can displace people, but in practice people will not allow it. I think that it can only make life easier, but it does not completely replace people.

Better tools, automation, robotics, machine learning, etc already displaced most people out of agriculture then industry and now going for services. Many tried to keep their jobs through those changes but couldn't compete. It may not displace everyone completely as you say. But how much unemployment can society take? Add the possibility of real artificial intelligence on top, machines being as capable as we are at everything or probably much more capable, and why hire people at all for most jobs?
Skillboard

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Skillboard: monetize, utilize & share anything.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 08:41:52 AM

Don't think so. Most people seem to think only Dr Evil and his team are developing A.I. While nearly all, if not all, programmers involved mostly want to contribute to a better world. Though there is the possibility ofcourse it would become fully independent and rewrites it's own codes of conduct.

Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:58:18 PM

Humans are the greatest threat to fellow humans especially when we are driven by our desire to acquire everything we want. AI are just machines programmed by humans according to how its creator wants the machine to act or what it wants to do; which role it wants to portray. Though AI will continually develop, i don't think it will overcome the intelligence of humans nor have the capacity to truly replace humans; our ability to feel and our capacity to judge, to be wise.

deejhay

Activity: 119

for future

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:25:26 PM

no, humans are species that are hard to eliminate, everybody knows that. No matter the weather, war, drought sickness, humans find way to survive so I doubt that AI will make humans extinct.
Even if super advance AI is created and it turns against us, there are lot of human with the ability to create another AI to counter that mistake. The only thing that can make human extinct is himself.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

no, humans are species that are hard to eliminate, everybody knows that. No matter the weather, war, drought sickness, humans find way to survive so I doubt that AI will make humans extinct.
Even if super advance AI is created and it turns against us, there are lot of human with the ability to create another AI to counter that mistake. The only thing that can make human extinct is himself.

Well one thing will be working for us is our ability to adapt. Humans have adapted to change even before recorded history and that will always make us superior to AIs. Terminator is a scifi film that is far from happening

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: