Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent bitcoins to another wallet install, never completed, 2nd attempt worked  (Read 758 times)
PeaMine (OP)

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:51:15 AM

I sent .6 bitcoins to another wallet, and it never appeared on the second wallet installation (mobile).
I waited a few hours, transaction didn't show up on blockchain, so I sent it again(never being refunded).
This one did show up.
Both times I was synced up on the block chain both sides.
I checked the transaction ID on blockchain.info and noticed the first one ended up later being send to an address I do not believe I own.
The second one properly worked and showed up to the proper wallet.
I tried -zapwallettxes as this normally fixes this issue, but this time it didn't.
So .6 BTC is missing.
I'm using version 0.13 which was the most recent during this time, the 26th of october.
Any ideas on what might be the reason?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 07:56:33 AM

This was a bit harder to decipher, let me try: You're trying to say that you've sent Bitcoin from your first to your second wallet, and they never showed up. Instead they ended up to an address that you do not own?
Are you sure it's not a change address in your wallet? Does your balance look okay (prior balance  - second TX - tx fee)? We would really need to see TX IDs and some screenshots before we could even come close to guessing what happened (e.g. could be malware, it could be that you've copied the wrong address and so on).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:15:53 PM

I sent .6 bitcoins to another wallet, and it never appeared on the second wallet installation (mobile).
I waited a few hours, transaction didn't show up on blockchain, so I sent it again(never being refunded).
This one did show up.
Both times I was synced up on the block chain both sides.
I checked the transaction ID on blockchain.info and noticed the first one ended up later being send to an address I do not believe I own.
The second one properly worked and showed up to the proper wallet.
I tried -zapwallettxes as this normally fixes this issue, but this time it didn't.
So .6 BTC is missing.
I'm using version 0.13 which was the most recent during this time, the 26th of october.
Any ideas on what might be the reason?

I hope to be wrong but if the first 0.6 bitcoin still hasn't arrived there's only one explanation for me and that is just like Lauda is saying, I guess too it's malware. I don't know if you have been an active user of this forum but a few months maybe a year ago the most well known malware was something that used to changed your wallet address when you were copy/pasting it. I sincerely hope you are not a victim of such thing.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
PeaMine (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 09:01:48 AM

Thanks for the information.
Wanted to update that it does look like it did indeed finally make it over to the other wallet after I did the zap fix, not sure if it was related, as it was several days later.
I had a high fee on it too, so doubt it should have taken so long.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 09:04:43 AM

Thanks for the information.
Wanted to update that it does look like it did indeed finally make it over to the other wallet after I did the zap fix, not sure if it was related, as it was several days later.
I had a high fee on it too, so doubt it should have taken so long.

Interesting. You said before that the 0.6 bitcoin was sent to an address you didn't own? Did you just not recognise it, or was this an extremely odd phenomenon?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
PeaMine (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:54:27 AM

Wallet on my mobile, one that I own, was the receiver.
Could have been an issue with the mobile version of bitcoin, but at the same time, the transaction never appeared on the network initially.
It may have been caused by sending the amount before I was connected to any nodes, then exiting out before it was broadcast(though I don't think that was the case)
Then while I let the zaptx wallet fix go, it finally got broadcast, but again, just guesses at this point.
Seems I didn't lose the bitcoins though thankfully.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 06:46:34 AM

It may have been caused by sending the amount before I was connected to any nodes, then exiting out before it was broadcast(though I don't think that was the case)
I believe this is a possibility, in case there were some unexpected network/discovery issues at that time. If you didn't end up broadcasting it, then that is likely the reason for which it didn't show up at all.

Then while I let the zaptx wallet fix go, it finally got broadcast, but again, just guesses at this point.
Seems I didn't lose the bitcoins though thankfully.
Sounds good. Please lock this thread if your issues have been resolved.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: