Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:19:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Main aspects you have to consider on choosing an online bitcoin wallet  (Read 808 times)
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:50:45 PM

The only thing i care about is security and also try to only use wallets which are coded client side i mean no any record of our account will be saved on their server. I think blockchain.info and electrum are coded client side and i am using them.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:35:41 PM

the first question you have to ask yourself is "how much i love my money?" then decide on choosing one of these web wallets.

if you don't care about losing your money to a hack, whether it is your password being leaked or the site getting hacked. then go with any of them.

and if you don't care if someday one of these wallet providers said "you broke our rules so we take your money and close your account" then go with coinbase.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
vladozlat (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:22:38 AM

If I were to use an online wallet for whatever reason, the main aspect that I will be looking into is the reputation of the company. Followed by the security of the online wallet. The reputation come first because new online wallet can easily shut-down even with the best security - they 'said' they offer.
May I ask you what do exactly mean by reputation and what is the most important regarding the company reputation? Something like how long are they on the market and if they have ever been compromised or hacked? Or maybe if they have some kind of licenses like Coinbase? User feedbacks? Or probably all at once
Oilacris

Activity: 3052
Merit: 616

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 03:32:46 PM

As of now  i do  recommend  blockchain.info as   a   secure web wallet   or  online wallet. There are   really  some wallets  that  are more secure   and those are  hardware and desktop wallets and other  cold storages out there  but  on  online  blockchain.info  would be the best   one for me,infact  they have already  shown an option where you can access already  your   private keys  which  really  give  us assurance  on the safety  of  our bitcoins.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 02:16:58 PM

I'm in need of choosing a "right" (safe, convenient, reliable) online bitcoin wallet for my funds but because of the variety of such wallets and lack of experience in this field it's quite complicated task for me. I'm sure that there are some pitfalls that I don't know or haven't heard about yet and which would affect a lot on the choice. I would appreciate some help on this topic from people who has some experience regarding such types of wallets.
First of all how much bitcoin that you want to store ?, if you want to store huge amount, online or web wallet is might not safe for you since online wallet is risky for storing huge money as we can see there so many cases out there like hacking, site was offline, dns attack, etc, well in this case hardware wallet or offline is suitable for you. However if you want to store little amount then use blockchain or other wallet like people mentioned above. For more information about online wallet you might check this link
https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
Anyway i don't recommend xapo and coinbase.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: