Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Anyone Need Anything?  (Read 2585 times)
Arcavum (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:48:34 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 10:55:26 PM by Arcavum

I've been trying to find a job to do for bitcoins...

I can write, *I've already written some articles for Come-From-Beyond. And he seemed satisfied. and I'm willing to write more* I can write poetry,  and I can draw *a little* if there's some way that can benefit you. I designed custom graphics for bytecoin.

Both articles I wrote are available here for reference:

http://computersight.com/software/bytecoin-alternative-to-bitcoin-2/

http://www.squidoo.com/bytecoin-an-alternative-to-bitcoin

Here's another example of what I can do...*It's nothing too impressive*

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/095/a/1/ranstle2_by_apocapus-d60l8q2.png

So if anyone's interested in hiring me, send me a message. *Serious Inquiries only* And while I don't promise that I'll accept every job due to time constraints and health, If I can do something, I will.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:53:25 AM

I could use another drink. Maybe find me a girl as well

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:56:34 AM

Can I get any serious requests?
uneone

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:44:44 PM

The people who have stockpiled bitcoins and basically have cartloads of free money should ensure we have some lobbying forces in US congress and in European governments when the banks/fed begin to make moves.

That could be something. Or make an emailing app on the web that makes it easy to contact different online retailers such as newegg, amazon,t  tigerdirect, anything.com asking them to accept bitcoins as payment.

Cheers  Smiley
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:59:59 PM

Are you good with photoshop or any image editing software? If so, PM me promptly.
Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:51:15 PM

I don't code...

I can only do what I do.  And that's frustrating.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:44:46 PM

You're probably not going to find a whole lot of work.  Writing is something we're all good at; you'd have to have a reason to write, and what you do write will have to be something I couldn't write about easily.  Articles come to mind.  Doing research.  But drawing is def not gonna get you a whole lot of work; I've found a few jobs painting but they're not exactly pouring in Tongue

Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:34:03 AM

Yeah, I can understand that.

I've found even less work as a poet.

...But I have to make a living somehow.

I also take offense to being condescended upon.  Money isn't the end-all be-all.
It's simply a symbolic representation of false value that is used to determine a service/good based on the particular notions of value as defined by whomever is making the rules.

The bitcoin is simply a more free and decentralized methodology to the above.

A person's luck in being at the right place at the right time and/or ability to do certain things at a certain time, should not equate to a inflated state of superiority complex.  We are still just about all identical physiologically.

I'd appreciate it if some people behaved like adults and treated others with respect rather then putting them down for the sake of reinforcing their own insecure sense of self.

I may not have much but I have my dignity. And I do not confuse superficial status and materialism with life.

No human being should have to barely scrape by.

...And while I love that there is some charitable distribution of bitcoins.  There's also bitcoin greed.

*A surprising phenomena...or perhaps not*

Blindly following the status-quo. Never questioning the way things are...

That every person must treat the other like feces in order to acquire something rather then treating every person as a person.

Does it really have to be this way? Without any hope of change, where people are enslaved by symbols.

...Before we can change the system, first we need to change ourselves.

And who has the courage to do that?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:44:19 AM

I also take offense to being condescended upon.  Money isn't the end-all be-all.
It's simply a symbolic representation of false value that is used to determine a service/good based on the particular notions of value as defined by whomever is making the rules.

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me, but if it was, I apologize; I wasn't trying to be condescending.  The problem is, most of us live in a capitalistic society, and that's the problem any artist will face; it doesn't matter if I'm a genius writer or artist, if I don't find a way to monetize.  It turns everyone into whores for cash.  But that's just life as it stands.

I highly recommend watching the Zeitgeist films by Peter Joseph if you haven't.  Seems right up your alley.  But as I said earlier, if you're not incredible/one-of-a-kind in your artistry, as in, THE guy everyone needs to get their writing/drawing needs, then you won't find a lot of work.  You're asking for work in an over-saturated market, and there are more writers and artists than we really need to keep our way of life chugging along.

Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:06:54 AM

No it wasn't aimed at you.  But I have received some questionable comments from people without justification.

I've watched most of the zeitgeist films. I understand how congested the market is, and I wish I didn't have to profit off of my writing because it's something I've always done because I loved doing it.

I love being creative and pushing my boundaries.  Oscar Wilde once said that "Anything worth doing, is worth doing badly" and that's how I feel.  Whether I'm good or bad, I'd keep doing what I love.

Sadly, when your boxed into a corner you have to try to wiggle free.  This society leaves us with little options and you wind up hating yourself at the end of the day.

It's not the way we were meant to live. I feel it deep inside, *it's just not* and I know that everyone would agree with me in that regard, whether they admit it publicly or not. *Even defenders of this system*

Bill Hicks called it our voice of Reason.  I don't know if that would be an official way of putting it or if it's just our subconscious true selves warring against the artificial programming, but either way there is a disgust that arises with everything that capitalism brings.

...And I've seen that site *Bitbillions.com*

There are people that aspire to create monopolies and fiendishly hoard bitcoins. *I don't even know if there can be billions of bitcoins.* The whole point was to create a currency that could be circulated in a balanced way without the constant printing of debt *ala Federal Reserve or any bank*

The entire concept of bitbillions just swelled anger in me because it shows that there are still delusional individuals out there without any conceptual understanding of how their lives relate to the rest of the world.

That anyone would want to hoard virtual bytes on a screen, when such things can never really be owned. *No material object can* Is repugnant to a logical mind.

...And as is always the case, when one has more, others have less. And when the worth of an individual is judged not by who they are but by what they own, then that society judging, can strip humanity away from all but the material objects themselves.

The way our current system works, I wonder if we are truly considered living beings or simply accessories to whatever it is that is attached to our names.

JimmiesForBitcoins

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:14:23 AM

The bitcoin is simply a more free and decentralized methodology to the above.

A person's luck in being at the right place at the right time and/or ability to do certain things at a certain time, should not equate to a inflated state of superiority complex.  We are still just about all identical physiologically.

I'd appreciate it if some people behaved like adults and treated others with respect rather then putting them down for the sake of reinforcing their own insecure sense of self.

I may not have much but I have my dignity. And I do not confuse superficial status and materialism with life.

No human being should have to barely scrape by.

...And while I love that there is some charitable distribution of bitcoins.  There's also bitcoin greed.

*A surprising phenomena...or perhaps not*

Blindly following the status-quo. Never questioning the way things are...

That every person must treat the other like feces in order to acquire something rather then treating every person as a person.

Does it really have to be this way? Without any hope of change, where people are enslaved by symbols.

...Before we can change the system, first we need to change ourselves.

And who has the courage to do that?

No it wasn't aimed at you.  But I have received some questionable comments from people without justification.

I've watched most of the zeitgeist films. I understand how congested the market is, and I wish I didn't have to profit off of my writing because it's something I've always done because I loved doing it.

I love being creative and pushing my boundaries.  Oscar Wilde once said that "Anything worth doing, is worth doing badly" and that's how I feel.  Whether I'm good or bad, I'd keep doing what I love.

Sadly, when your boxed into a corner you have to try to wiggle free.  This society leaves us with little options and you wind up hating yourself at the end of the day.

It's not the way we were meant to live. I feel it deep inside, *it's just not* and I know that everyone would agree with me in that regard, whether they admit it publicly or not. *Even defenders of this system*

Bill Hicks called it our voice of Reason.  I don't know if that would be an official way of putting it or if it's just our subconscious true selves warring against the artificial programming, but either way there is a disgust that arises with everything that capitalism brings.

...And I've seen that site *Bitbillions.com*

There are people that aspire to create monopolies and fiendishly hoard bitcoins. *I don't even know if there can be billions of bitcoins.* The whole point was to create a currency that could be circulated in a balanced way without the constant printing of debt *ala Federal Reserve or any bank*

The entire concept of bitbillions just swelled anger in me because it shows that there are still delusional individuals out there without any conceptual understanding of how their lives relate to the rest of the world.

That anyone would want to hoard virtual bytes on a screen, when such things can never really be owned. *No material object can* Is repugnant to a logical mind.

...And as is always the case, when one has more, others have less. And when the worth of an individual is judged not by who they are but by what they own, then that society judging, can strip humanity away from all but the material objects themselves.

The way our current system works, I wonder if we are truly considered living beings or simply accessories to whatever it is that is attached to our names.

Money isn't everything, but people who say that are usually just bitter because they can't make any.

Money isn't the highest priority in my life by any stretch of the imagination, but I love money. It's great. Useful stuff, can always use more of it. Great fun to earn it. Gives a feeling of satisfaction for having been able to help someone achieve their goals, while simultaneously contributing to my own.

I'm a poet too. People love my poetry. I use it as a tool to charm people. But I would never expect anyone to pay me for it, unless I were writing children's books. (Which I've considered, strangely.) Why? Because it isn't intrinsically useful to people. It is purely sentimental in value. And that's okay; I'm not bitter about that at all.

Money, on the other hand, is a system of measurement. Monetary value of a service or product is a subjective evaluation of the personal usefulness of the aforementioned in question. To say that something has little or no monetary value is a subjective judgment on the personal usefulness of that which is judged, but in no way is to say that something is worthless by other standards of valuation. Hence, "monetary value", in contrast to, "sentimental value", or, "intellectual value", etc.

"The deep darkness of my bloody soul wiggles like a silly snake on a stick while Steve Irwin dances on the furious storm's silver lining", is not valuable to anyone in a monetary fashion, nor do I hope to God that it ever will be.

That said, yes, Bitcoin is a small, largely specialized market where people are not going to have a whole lot of monetary use for poetry or drawings. It appeals specifically to glorious neckbeards, wizards, and pirates who dwell in the realm of Cyberspace and take gigabytes out of cookies for snacks. (I am eating girlscout cookies as I write this.)

It will probably stay that way for awhile until the less tech-oriented populous catches onto the benefits and can figure out how to set up that there wallet kajigger without being robbed blind. It would be stupid for people to run out and superfluously spend a rapidly deflationary currency as though it were USD, because they'd be losing money. It calls for being more prudent with one's investments, at the risk of losing potential gains. That is the "greed" you speak of. I call it, "being good at math."

I also find it remarkable that you'd mention the status quo amongst a group of... Well, whatever this group is. There's such a remarkable diversity of different fringe viewpoints here that I'm not sure there even is a status quo. (Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with being on the fringe.) Really, where in this thread has anyone treated you "like feces"? What has rustled you so, my fellow forum dweller?

And I'm not attacking you, so don't get that impression. All I'm saying is... Everything you're upset about is to be expected. Have patience. Things will change in time. There is no need to be upset.

https://i.imgur.com/2RwcqsC.jpg

I hope you haven't stopped reading yet, because I actually intended to help alleviate your dilemma. There are small markets for writing and drawing. I can recommend http://fiverr.com/ or http://www.seoclerks.com/ as successful small markets where you can offer services.

They deal in USD, but if you really wish to "change" the "status quo" of the market of bitcoin and you yourself "have the courage", then I recommend taking Ghandi's advice and being the change that you want to see in the world. You have the opportunity to be that guy and make a difference. You can take affirmative action here by earning USD, buying Bitcoin, and then not "being greedy" with it by adding some liquidity to the market.

Or you can just hang onto it. I don't care.

If your stated services don't sell, then I recommend getting creative and trying new things. In fact, I recommend copying other people who are having a lot of success. Stealing ideas is part of capitalism, and it's fantastic. That's how we innovate.

(Oh, and yes. I enjoy writing walls of text. It's a hobby of mine.)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:25:54 AM

BTW you should post your writing and drawings Grin

JimmiesForBitcoins

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:30:32 AM

BTW you should post your writing and drawings Grin
That would also help a lot. I concur.
Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:36:40 AM

Money isn't everything, but people who say that are usually just bitter because they can't make any.

I'm really not bitter.  Perhaps I used to be, but I meditate frequently so I'm never in a terrible mood for long.
Your wrong though that it's the money that bothers me. *It's the inequality that bothers me*

A measurement is only as accurate as the ruler measuring, and I question the usefulness of many of that being measured.

Nature doesn't have a calculator or a set price for any of that which is measured by money, and most of what is measured is purposely measured higher then perhaps it would be if it were actually measured by it's usefulness.

Gold, in my opinion should be worthless. *It serves no scientific nor societal benefit...* Diamonds on the other hand could be used to build almost completely heat proof CPUs. *Why they aren't is a testament to the inefficiencies of the market*

...Recently heard of Graphene and that's a material that should be the basis of all technology.  *However it's barely being noticed*

The useful innovations are ignored and wasteful tired and inefficient practices prolonged.  *It's obvious that the prices of everything are manipulated incompetently*

However I don't know why people would love money.   It's simply paper, and the stores are full of green paper...

What you love isn't money, it's the symbolism of being able to acquire what you desire.  However if you were to acquire something for free, I doubt you'd complain.

The form rarely matters.  It's the function.  And if there was an efficient way of valuing sustainable resources and distributing goods freely and economically, in which everyone who needed something could acquire it, then even those who love capitalism would gladly partake in the receiving of said benefits from the above mentioned hypothetical.

People need to take a good hard look at themselves.  At the dawn of the twentieth century, people were pelted with rocks for wanting to establish public libraries.  Now even people who appose all things free, will go to a library and read or study.

If something is convenient, and it functions then people will partake in it gladly.

Thank you for the advice.  I'll look into those sites you listed.

Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:37:44 AM

Your right, I should.

I have a deviantart page full of things.

JimmiesForBitcoins

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:04:07 AM

I'm really not bitter.  Perhaps I used to be, but I meditate frequently so I'm never in a terrible mood for long.
Your wrong though that it's the money that bothers me. *It's the inequality that bothers me*

A measurement is only as accurate as the ruler measuring, and I question the usefulness of many of that being measured.

Nature doesn't have a calculator or a set price for any of that which is measured by money, and most of what is measured is purposely measured higher then perhaps it would be if it were actually measured by it's usefulness.

Gold, in my opinion should be worthless. *It serves no scientific nor societal benefit...* Diamonds on the other hand could be used to build almost completely heat proof CPUs. *Why they aren't is a testament to the inefficiencies of the market*

...Recently heard of Graphene and that's a material that should be the basis of all technology.  *However it's barely being noticed*

The useful innovations are ignored and wasteful tired and inefficient practices prolonged.  *It's obvious that the prices of everything are manipulated incompetently*

However I don't know why people would love money.   It's simply paper, and the stores are full of green paper...

What you love isn't money, it's the symbolism of being able to acquire what you desire.  However if you were to acquire something for free, I doubt you'd complain.

The form rarely matters.  It's the function.  And if there was an efficient way of valuing sustainable resources and distributing goods freely and economically, in which everyone who needed something could acquire it, then even those who love capitalism would gladly partake in the receiving of said benefits from the above mentioned hypothetical.

People need to take a good hard look at themselves.  At the dawn of the twentieth century, people were pelted with rocks for wanting to establish public libraries.  Now even people who appose all things free, will go to a library and read or study.

If something is convenient, and it functions then people will partake in it gladly.

Thank you for the advice.  I'll look into those sites you listed.

Please, if you're going to offer writing gigs, use the correct "your". You just used "your" instead of "you're" twice. I suspect you'd get agitated customers otherwise.

You're misunderstanding the purpose of money or gold. As I said before, monetary value is purely subjective. There is nothing objective or absolute about it.

I like girlscout cookies. I value it more than my dollars. So I gave the nice little girl my dollars, and she gave me cookies. Then I inhaled them. (The cookies, not the girl.) The end.

So why did that transaction take place? Obviously the girl thought her cookies were worth less than my dollars. Yet, at the same time, I decided that my dollars were worth less than her cookies! So who is right? If we didn't value each other's things over our own, we would never have traded. Yet we initiated this trade while knowing that we both thought we were getting the better deal! Obviously we were both right, because we both got exactly what we wanted. Because monetary evaluation is a subjective matter.

Now, let's say for sake of the argument that next week the same little girl shows up at my house wanting to pawn off more of those nasty cookies on me. Same cookies as I ate last week, but this week I'm just sick of them. I want to barf just thinking about them. My whims have changed. So the girl knocks on my door and asks if I want to buy more, and I exclaim, "NO! ARE YOU TRYING TO MURDER ME YOU CRAZY COOKIE PERSON!?" She gets all confused and inquires, "Why don't you want them this week? You loved them last week and thought it was a great deal!"

So now tell me, assuming that the quality of the cookies remains static and that only my personal tastes have changed, was I wrong in my initial evaluation of those fudge dipped, shortbread shards of the Elysium fields? Of course not! I'm allowed to change my evaluation! Because the monetary value is subjective and therefore dependent upon the judgment of each individual person. There is no definite value to anything in a monetary sense. (There is, however, precedence of trade.)

All of that said, money is the most efficient means humans have access to of measuring scarcity and managing the allocation of resources. Prices are not arbitrary. They communicate something. Specifically, they perform the very task you're referring to.

If there's a short supply of water during a natural disaster, water prices go up to reflect the lack of water. This, in turn, mobilizes people who either possess or can obtain water resources to bring them to the impacted area. It also controls the consumption of those water resources so that they are allocated in accordance with need, rather than simply wants. I imagine it in my head almost as red blood cells rushing to clot a wound. Capitalism, functioning like a body's immune system to heal society... Yes, I am romantic about it.

As for your thing about innovations being ignored... Corporations (which are legal entities wholly dependent upon government and the current broken legal structures for their existence) act as sugar daddies to politicians who then cater to their whims. Their whims usually involve prohibitive and restrictive laws which shackle capitalism so that it can't function at optimum efficiency.

How? By keeping the little guys out. Every law that tries to regulate an industry is a law designed to keep someone else from operating and innovating, and ultimately out-competing the big guys. Big corporations are terrified of small business and startups, because they have the potential to crush them outright if they aren't kept in check. Or as I like the put it, big corporations like to eat little businesses while they're still young so that they can't grow up to be a threat.

Sort of like how the Lord Marshal tries to wipe out the Furyan race in a pre-emptive strike so that Riddick can't grow up to do the stabby thing that he does, which would result in death. As stabbing so often does.

As for graphene and free stuff:
A) Graphene is doing great. Development for next-gen phones is already under way and all the investing magazines are buzzing about it.
B) Free stuff is great! As long as it isn't coming from government, since that means it's stolen and stealing is bad. Sad
Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:32:40 PM

I rather disagree.

Not with you're *apologies for the two typos, I usually don't do that* position, necessarily.  It makes sense on a certain angle.
However again, the problem lies with *as you indirectly mentioned* unrestrained capitalism.
*And everything capitalism does is essentially theft*

People rather tuck their heads into the sand about where things come from.  And it doesn't come from the U.S.
Bottled water is stolen from India, where the puppet government there butchers it's citizens so that corporations can rape the resources.  In Africa, cacao is grown by slave labor in order to provide candy to ignorant people in America and Europe.

...And people die fighting over land disputes and safety conditions in the broader world so that rare minerals can be foraged *regardless of environmental destruction* for the newest cell phone.

Is that sustainable? And the constant oil spills aren't helping matters either.

People falsely differentiate between government and corporations.  There is no such distinction anymore, especially after citizens united.  The government is full of former corporate executives and vice versa, many lobbyists are former politicians.
It's a revolving door so the two are mutually indistinguishable.

...And with the advent of the TransPacific Partnership, being debated in secret. *Why In Secret?* And flirting the notion that corporations will become immune to sovereign law, I'd say that corporations are slowly joining forces to become one world dictatorial power.

Corporations function almost identically to government as well, *they're both bureaucracies* and I despise any sort of bureaucracy*

The only thing bureaucracy does is hinder the progress of anything and drag any forward motions backwards.

I personally like diversity and choice. And always wish everyone well. I'm not going to undermine anyone's chances of anything. But greed is a mental illness, and a form of a addiction.  Addicts will do what they can for a fix of their addiction regardless of what we do or say.

Few people understand that money and power are a form of addiction, so they enable the people with money to avoid accountability by defending them as having earned something.

...Concentrated health hurts an economy *and this is not an economy, I doubt there is an actual real economy on this planet*
As money is heavily centralized in one pair of hands, circulation halts and people increasingly have nothing to buy with.

So I've always said it years ago, that things would be better if there was a hoarding fine. *Maybe real jail time for repeat offenders* And if we made our money so ugly that no one would feel proud to own it, that would stimulate people to get rid of it as well.

Keep the currency circulating. 

People forget that we don't own currency, it belongs to whomever printed it.  Owning money would parse the idea that we are our own countries and that there are small businesses blooming in our nose.

All money is, is a contracted duty by citizens and their government.  That they would stimulate the economy.  In that regard, anyone who doesn't spend most of what they have should be considered heavily anti-their country.

...But that still doesn't alleviate the environmental burdens that industrial production costs.  I don't think there is a way for mass consumption to continue without throwing natural balance out of order.

And I think that our species' priority should be survival, not acquisition.
JimmiesForBitcoins

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:33:01 PM

I think you're misunderstanding what Capitalism is. What you're describing is called Corporatism, and it is destructive. Capitalism is simply two people coming together and making a voluntary, peaceful exchange, which is creative by its very nature. When you introduce elements of coercion into the equation, the exchange is no longer Capitalism by definition.

Capitalism is about figuring out the most efficient way to get people to willingly part with their wealth. Think of it like a game. If you're losing, then clearly you need to try a new strategy. Complaining that the game is too hard and demanding a nerf on blood magic, a free mount, and an end-game armor set so that new players can feel better about themselves is definitely not the answer.

As for everything else you said... I would recommend investing some time into this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6LNTcJaMo
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:37:21 PM

I've been trying to find a job to do for bitcoins...

I can write, and I can draw *a little*

Any jobs I can do?

How much do u want to be paid for a short article about Bytecoin (a clone of Bitcoin). 500 words, 1 nice picture and post it in a few different places.
Arcavum (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:46:39 AM

I added a piece of art I did.

Hope you enjoy it.

@JimmiesForBitcoins
I mean no disrespect. I don't have the heart in me to support systems in which some wind up with less then others.
Regardless of the logic behind them.

Perhaps I'm a dreamer, and a naive one at that but I can only follow my heart on this matter.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: