Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what can I do??
help - 2 (66.7%)
help - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 15.64406305 BTC dissapeared from my Electrum wallet  (Read 1516 times)
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 11:53:05 AM

Hey!
Check your private message.
Thank you.

You wanna rip off op? New registered account? Fuck off plz, don't hurt him again

What are you talking about? A similar situation happened to me and I want to talk to him.

You just happened to register on this forum 10 minutes before finding this thread and posting.

Stinks of alt account scammer to me.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 11:57:01 AM

Hey!
Thank you.

You wanna rip off op? New registered account? Fuck off plz, don't hurt him again

What are you talking about? A similar situation happened to me and I want to talk to him.

You just happened to register on this forum 10 minutes before finding this thread and posting.

indeed, why not talk here, this is why op made this tread, to talk about it here. not ment as a flyer to invite pm's
*shakes head..*

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Daneric

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 12:18:21 PM

I have been a victim of bitcoin hacking and I know how it feels to lose your coins in such a stupid way. That is why I would prefer PayPal although I am not in good books with them. If there is any transaction that you dispute, PayPal are ready to reverse the transaction until the dispute is sorted. The problem with bitcoin is that the transactions can not be reversed and there is no one to complain to, very unfortunate.
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 12:32:56 PM

I have been a victim of bitcoin hacking and I know how it feels to lose your coins in such a stupid way. That is why I would prefer PayPal although I am not in good books with them. If there is any transaction that you dispute, PayPal are ready to reverse the transaction until the dispute is sorted. The problem with bitcoin is that the transactions can not be reversed and there is no one to complain to, very unfortunate.

Paypal has a lot of issues due the "refund or cash back practice"!
Just check exchange section/ scam accusations it's full of people scammed!

I think txs not reversed is a great feature for btc, because... it's one of the rare payment system that is not reversible!
Personally I think this is one of the best feature for all crypto!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 01:35:17 PM

What other told is the same thing that once transaction is done it cannot be reversed or you cannot claim it back. You should take some security steps so that next time you dont get in problem like this. As i also once got hacked my computer due to downloaded a exe file which was the virus which gave control to the hacker and he hacked my same electrum wallet and stole my all bitcoins.

NOw i have taken a new step of when ever i have to do some transaction i open my wallet and after finishing it i just copy the whole folder and keep it safe in my pendrive when ever i need i just copy and use it and then copy back in pendrive and erase it from my computer so now i am safe now.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 03:06:03 PM

NOw i have taken a new step of when ever i have to do some transaction i open my wallet and after finishing it i just copy the whole folder and keep it safe in my pendrive when ever i need i just copy and use it and then copy back in pendrive and erase it from my computer so now i am safe now.
If the virus is somewhat sophisticated it will spread to your USB drive just as easily as it was on your PC originally. It will then just copy to any other computer you plug it into.
The best way is to prevent it to begin with. Don't visit shady websites, don't download things from places you don't trust, run virus scans every week or so and don't store large amounts of bitcoin on computers you use everyday.
TheCableGuy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 04:34:39 PM

How do you have 15BTC but dont know they are irreversible?
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 04:43:14 PM

Holy shit! Just like that? No way to take back his own money? How is this thing helps the world a better place? It is even giving illegalities higher chance of protection.

So this is what I said regarding crypto wallets. It can be anonymous and cool but talking about lots of money it's still safe in banks due to their insurance system protection. So I am now contemplating if I continue to invest nearly all my monthly savings in crypto.

If you don't protect yourself and leave all of your money in a hot wallet there is a chance of this happening. Cold storage people. Look into it.
Spartakus

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 11:26:25 PM

Hey!
Thank you.

I look of this forum since severals day (But I was not registred)...and this situation already happenned to me...
Seriously, it's not a nice word of welcome Sad
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 11:32:08 PM

I had a password , every time I wanted to send, I submited the password. and I do not have an antivirus
You had 15btc stored on your computer without any Antivirus software at all, seriously?
Ever heard of a little thing called a Trezor, it could have protected all your coins and for only about  $100 usd

Expensive lesson to learn.

deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:14:08 AM

Hmmm. 15 btc is a big amount. You should protect first your computer with good antivirus before storing your btc. Provably the virus stole your informations including your wallet informations and other stuffs. You can store your btc in an offline computer through usb. So, lesson learned. You cant do anything bout your stolen btc since the transaction is irreversible. Try to be more careful next time.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 11:55:37 AM

How do you have 15BTC but dont know they are irreversible?
Not everyone who invests in bitcoin takes the time to look into the Bitcoin Technology to know its irreversible but the OP learned his lesson the hard way.

@OP: I really feel sorry for you but there isn't anything anyone can do unless that address is linked to a profile somewhere.
tommy163

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:06:49 AM

Hey!
Thank you.

I look of this forum since severals day (But I was not registred)...and this situation already happenned to me...
Seriously, it's not a nice word of welcome Sad

Suspicious, maybe op should disclose the pm, so we will know you are scammer or not, btw, you should talk here publicly, not check my pm balblabla? I guess you are the scammer who promised him to find the coin back, and asked he to pay 1 btc fee?   Grin Grin
Liad.Services

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:40:05 AM

Ehh man, I feel really sorry to you.

Here is what happened , you probably had a kind of a virus in your computer, so at the moment you typed you password the attacker knew what is the password that you typed.

All he had to do is to wait for you to go afk, so he can remote control your computer, get in electrum and steal your money.
Things like that happen, please be more careful next time, our world is full of evil.

Zenzolina

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 11:28:02 PM

Well lot of you call Paypal "scam payment processor" but when my computer was infected with some kind of a spyware, hacker managed to steal my 1.06 BTC from Exmo. He tryed to do the same thing with 13.500$ in my Paypal but they immediatelly blocked account recognising it was not me. If Paypal didnt protect me i would end up losing 80% of my cash.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 02:22:15 PM

is there a way to get back this transaction?

That is quite unlikely.

After you get over it, try to find out how exactly the funds were stolen. Secure your computer, do not store any money in your PC unless you are absolutely sure it is secure. You may switch to an online wallet like blockchain.info (access using a secure PC) and enable 2FA and secondary password, it is sometimes better than storing in a PC.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: