Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How high will litecoin go this month? $10 $20 $50 more?  (Read 4118 times)
paultramarine (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:21:24 AM

How high do you think litecoin will go this month (April 2013) and why?

Seems safe to assume that Mt. Gox will start trading in LTC by the end of month, so will LTC attain the 1/4 of BTC that some say it deserves simply due to having 4x the total coinage as BTC?  Or more or less?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 05:53:54 AM

15-20$ in the week MtGox launches a LTC exchange.

Selling now is just plain stupid.

Difficulty is going sky-high too, so even 2000kHashs/s won't give you more than 2-4 LTC per 24 hours soon.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:26:41 AM

What most people fail to realize no matter the counter arguments is that even if something is likely a bubble it is a very very strong bubble. It hovered long enough (yes a couple days is long in a community that monitors every second) around 4$ that people are now very confident that it will follow bitcoins footsteps, so any dip is strongly seen as just a buy in opportunity.

Easily 10$ this week.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:49:01 AM

All this irrational exuberance requires a reality check. It is just as likely that LTC will crash. Litecoin is more a solution-looking-for-a-problem than Bitcoin was at this point.

Litecoin trading on Mt. Gox will probably raise its awareness, but any guess at what will happen to the price is pure speculation.
I am pretty sure its written all over the OP "speculation thread". Not really getting your point here..
hiima

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:51:34 AM

It's all speculation. It's pretty hard to guess what the price will be in the future.

Whiskey Fund BTC 1K2SG4amzNrB7gUwf5braHuExqnQ5nEKZp LTC Lgoz9gb7q39FMAmBz8odfkx4YFhLeofCpc
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:57:49 AM

$7 max.

more or less retired.
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:47:32 AM

My turn. $5.89 Smiley

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 10:17:06 AM

1LTC will level out at the price of a Happy Meal.... Bytecoin though... that's the one to sell ur LTC for and buy!!  Wink

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:36:38 AM

This month LTC will be 20$+  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
spacegoat

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:20:14 PM

lite coin will fall somewhat as sorry as i am to ssay it.  it made me rich.  but that is because i could feel the boom coming and went and jumped on my surfboard and rode the ltc wave.  but it will go down to about $1. 

reason being there are other cryptocurrencies coming that will really shake up the scene.  rise like mad.  namely ppc and trc.  trc will rise higher because it is scarcer.  ppc will rise high but be left in the dust to trc.. but the trc bubble will eventually pop and crash and ppc in the long run might do better because it seems to have better developers.  but they gootta change it to p2pc

because peepeecoin sounds completely silly.  P2PCOIN!!!  please.  thankk you.

so my investment strategy is this.  I am all in on terracoin.   its going to launch to maybe $10 because its so damn scarce.  like tickle me elmo crazy nonsense.  I am going to sell there and buy p2pc.  or I might keep terracoin it has a better name and I think it will do better in the long run.

and litecoin will remain litecoin

sorry

yeah baby yeah
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:27:43 PM

LTC is like the smaller hatchling. Doomed to languish, starved by the competition of his bigger brother.

I'm willing to believe there is space for a number of cryptocurrencies, but they need to distinguish themselves enough to beat the network effect.

Obviously this is just speculation. LTC has made it here, which itself is a social accomplishment considering it's barely a recompile of BTC with a couple afternoons' extra work.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 01:30:19 PM

drama's post is well-written and ironically an excellent exposé of bitcoin in 2011!

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
spacegoat

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:40:32 PM

sadly I think you may be right.  

yeah I am not dogging one to hype another, I am just speculating realistically thats how I caught the LTC boom, I had my own reasons for buying all in early on.  but I wasn't investing for the benefit of litecoin, nor did I think my investment would be permanent, I am a day trader and my aim is to make a profit.  sadly I think you are right about litecoin the bubble has popped.

mtgox never made a solid commitment to ltc.  they made a solid commitment to THINK ABOUT taking on LTC.

after ltc goes back to nothing the whole thing will be forgotten.

on the contrary though,

btc-e HAS made an official announcement that they are adding trc and ppc.  what does that mean for the coins?  increase in value obviously.  it is available to a larger platform, will be recognized by "the big boys" of alternative cryptocurrency trading.

and as far as overall permanent value stabilization,
I have no idea, I can't say terracoin will surge to $5 and keep the value.  they have spelling errors and grammatical errors on their main site.  its like c'mon.  but as far as its spike coming, that will look attractive to investors and people will hop on.  maybe to lose money in the end.

but value coming soon, they will surge ahead.  especially TRC.  because of smaller amount of TRC

what will happen I really don't know.  but I am looking forward to these bubbles and I like speculating.  I'm not always right.  but yes litecoin is done.

in fact I just saw it crash as I wrote this.  crash to the floor I'm talking.

yeah baby yeah
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

Personally, I don't think LTC will ever see the light of day on gox and my prediction relies upon that.

mtgox never made a solid commitment to ltc.  they made a solid commitment to THINK ABOUT taking on LTC.

Just a few minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/MtGox/status/319785584468062208

They are saying, i.e. committing, that they are going to support LTC.

You "speculators" are idiots.  Lol, "I've made a couple grand trading and now I am an expert on everything!"

Good news is I'm buying up your cheap ltc and waiting....
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

In the short term, LTC will begin to trade lower and lower in price and volume.

yeah because that 2-4 million going into ltc a day is no big deal. lol.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:06:58 PM

In the short term, LTC will begin to trade lower and lower in price and volume.

yeah because that 2-4 million going into ltc a day is no big deal. lol.

I think it's pretty good. Congrats.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:14:07 PM

I can only hope it goes to $10 +  Cheesy Cheesy please

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:21:20 PM

Just a few minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/MtGox/status/319785584468062208

They are saying, i.e. committing, that they are going to support LTC.

You "speculators" are idiots.  Lol, "I've made a couple grand trading and now I am an expert on everything!"

Good news is I'm buying up your cheap ltc and waiting....

Hardly "few minutes ago". People have been yapping on about the irc topic for days now.

While you're right that my head is much larger at this time, it's more than just a couple grand Smiley

This isn't people yapping on IRC.  This is Mt. Gox main twitter page and their last post.  You are directly contradicted by Gox themselves and you still are in denial.  Obviously there is zero sense continuing this conversation with you.

Edit: Forgot to make my prediction after reading the stupidity of some people in this post.

$25 easy when it hits Gox.
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:28:35 PM

It's amusing that some people who predict a lower price of LTC can't do so without pumping up another alt coin.

There's been a lot of chat about other coins and that is precisely why those coins will not rise any time soon; hardly anybody saw this LTC surge coming and that's why it paid so well! No-one was predicting $1 for LTC until recently let alone $10, $20 or $50. Many are making such claims and yet this run has already begun to stagnate, trade volume is dropping, it's off it's highs and has experienced some crazy downward swings, people are placing big orders for new hardware and the difficulty is sharply rising. Mining profits have already begun to take a huge dive.. if you're buying at these levels to hold and purchasing equipment to mine at the same time, you're about to get fucked twice.

The opportunity to make easy money has long passed. Even if you got in at 50c, you were catching the tail end of the surge despite how good of an entry price it appears to be. 50c buy and a $5 sell is 10 times return on your investment - still an excellent return by any stretch but those who got in earlier - let's say 5 cents given that's when I purchased in January, the return has been much higher. I began selling at $1 and had dumped everything by the time it reached $3. Yes, I sold early but no-one can predict tops or bottoms and a 30x to 60x return on my investment is much better than having bragging rights about selling at $5.50+ despite a few people calling me dumb and stupid in the trollbox these past few days.

This rally is running out of steam and no amount of people suggesting the possibility of it trading on gox will stop the slow down. It's naive to think people on gox are unaware of alt coins and it's very easy for them to xfer btc to btc-e to purchase ltc. It's not going to send the coin above $5 in the next few weeks and should gox even list it this month as was stated in IRC, that rally will likely be short lived and not return near as much as this run up has.

Fact is, very few people were interested in litecoin prior to last week. I purchased some coins in January and then some hardware in Feb with the view that perhaps, just maybe, I would be lucky enough to pay the cards off in 6-12 months. At the time I thought it was probably a stupid decision and a waste of money - despite it looking genius now, it was blind fucking luck. Of course, the hardware is now fully paid for and then some lol.

This is my prediction for the next week to 6-12 months - take it or leave it. Personally, I don't think LTC will ever see the light of day on gox and my prediction relies upon that.

In the short term, LTC will begin to trade lower and lower in price and volume. It will experience a few more sharp drops and then everyone will make a final dash for the door causing the price to tank below $1. It might experience a dead cat bounce before heading lower. Despite the lower price, the difficulty will increase and continue to rise as many people receive their new hardware they have purchased over the past week.

Faced with a shit return on mining (in comparison to before this week), they'll continue to mine because they have nothing to lose at this point - the money on hardware has already been spent and the memory of $5.50 LTC laser etched into their minds. They'll mine in the hope that another surge will occur in the future and they'll make their big money then! This ignores the fact that there are many more people out there now thinking the same thing. They'll ignore the fact that the people who get in at the very end, who buy at the top and don't get a chance to sell, will be waiting to offload any time to price spikes just to claw back whatever money they can.

People will begin to forget about Litecoin, others will finally accept they missed the boat, sell whatever coins they have remaining at ask price and move on. Difficulty will have dropped significantly from it's highs and Litecoin will once again begin to look attractive to mine purely on the speculation that it would be very profitable should it experience a sudden yet highly unlikely surge in demand.

Saving this for posterity.
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

I've never denied that gox stated this would happen, if you re-read my first post in this thread, you'll see that clear as day. Twitter says no estimated date, IRC said this month, who really knows when or if at all is my point. Even if I'm wrong, that won't deny me the opportunity to come back in at a later time.

That is denial.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: