Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: April 3 BFL ASIC update.  (Read 23609 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:24:58 PM

It seems really unlikely that their "all sales are final" statement would have any legal validity under the circumstances, especially as "two months or more" is so vague.  If the customer agreed to a specific delivery date which was months in the future, it might be different, but essentially they're trying to say we'll deliver "whenever".

You can bet 100BTC that "all sales are final" has 0 legal validity taken into account the current BFL preorder scam scheme

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:40:45 PM

The reddit thread about this is full of people happy about the fact that their BFL units are now "worth twice as much".   Shocked

What is it that P.T. Barnum said?

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:06:23 AM

What is it that P.T. Barnum said?

Here's looking at you, P.T.!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171018610507?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:10:41 AM

The reddit thread about this is full of people happy about the fact that their BFL units are now "worth twice as much".   Shocked
I know, I was reading that.   It is very interesting, isn't it?   It is like some university pysch dept doing a study.....

They probably figure that they can sell their sub-spec units for more than they paid for them and pass the risk on to someone else.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 12:54:35 AM

What vouchers are you talking about?

If BFL is a long con, they've put insane amount of effort into it. Especially in the field of even attempting to provide evidence there is progress etc. and other kind of public appearances.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
repentance

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:59:09 AM

If BFL is a long con, they've put insane amount of effort into it. Especially in the field of even attempting to provide evidence there is progress etc. and other kind of public appearances.

People who ordered in the first month get a discount voucher to "compensate" them for the delay in delivery.  They need to use it within 60 days.  If I recall correctly, it's for 25% of their original order value up to some maximum I can't remember (so if you bought a mini-rig you can't use the discount to get a free single).  I think people who ordered in the second month get a 10% discount.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 01:00:25 AM

People who ordered in the first month get a discount voucher to "compensate" them for the delay in delivery.  They need to use it within 60 days.  If I recall correctly, it's for 25% of their original order value up to some maximum I can't remember (so if you bought a mini-rig you can't use the discount to get a free single).  I think people who ordered in the second month get a 10% discount.

Where's more info about this?
I did make a order for little single in July ...

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 01:04:28 AM

Actually, I prefer this one:

https://products.butterflylabs.com/60gh-bitcoin-miner.html

Cheaper than a 25 Ghash/s !  Grin

I'm wrong. It's $50 more expensive than a 25 Ghash/s  Grin

And it's gone!

Whoops, our bad...
The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.
If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.
What can you do?
Have no fear, help is near! There are many ways you can get back on track with Magento Store.
Go back to the previous page.
Use the search bar at the top of the page to search for your products.
Follow these links to get you back on track!
Store Home | My Account

I learnt they use Magento Store.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:17:39 AM

Actually, I prefer this one:

https://products.butterflylabs.com/60gh-bitcoin-miner.html

Cheaper than a 25 Ghash/s !  Grin

I'm wrong. It's $50 more expensive than a 25 Ghash/s  Grin

And it's gone!

How about this one? https://products.butterflylabs.com/hdmijaijwo3625sqpkc0953nxoq540md.html
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 01:45:47 AM

Now that we've brought it their attention, it'll be down soon.
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:50:39 AM

Let's assume worst case scenario BFL takes our money and runs.  Is there any chance we can get our money back in that situation?  Through any intermediary?

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:50:46 AM

So if I bought a jalapeño in Sep what you do I get ?

4.5G?
5?

repentance

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:51:12 AM

Where's more info about this?
I did make a order for little single in July ...

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1037-discount-voucher-policy.html

People are also being offered the option of taking the sub-spec units or waiting until there's a revised unit with the problems solved but you need to contact BFL if you want to wait for the revision.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:52:00 AM

Let's assume worst case scenario BFL takes our money and runs.  Is there any chance we can get our money back in that situation?  Through any intermediary?

Do a little research and see how much all the people that sonny scammed got back.   you can expect 1000x that amount.

solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:57:40 AM

Do a little research and see how much all the people that sonny scammed got back.   you can expect 1000x that amount.

I don't understand what you mean

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
tbd

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:08:40 AM

If things go wrong, BFL will declare bankruptcy.  Then the remaining assets will be distributed to creditors by a trustee, if there are any assets remaining.  Your chance of recovering your full "pre-order" in this event is extremely unlikely.

There is a reason that the FTC Consumer Protection division has "prompt delivery" rules.  Know your rights.  If the delay is longer than 30 days or indefinite, you are to be promptly refunded unless you have agreed that the delay is acceptable.

If you are having issues obtaining a refund from BFL, you may file a complaint with the FTC here:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:10:20 AM

Without even doing the research, I'd say the people Sonny scammed got back 0, so the joke is 1000x that amount would be...0.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:32:53 AM

the founder of BFL sonny vledsiedes (spelling is wrong), the guy convicted of scamming old people on a fake lottery ticket scam that is on parole and now collecting pre-order money from people like you.   How much did his victims (the retired people now eating canned dog food to survive) get back?   You should get 10X or 100X that amount.   

repentance

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:44:01 AM

If things go wrong, BFL will declare bankruptcy.  Then the remaining assets will be distributed to creditors by a trustee, if there are any assets remaining.  Your chance of recovering your full "pre-order" in this event is extremely unlikely.

It's also extremely likely that any actual investors in BFL have ensured that they are secured creditors and would have priority claims over those of customers who pre-ordered.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:46:47 AM

Without even doing the research, I'd say the people Sonny scammed got back 0, so the joke is 1000x that amount would be...0.
Dargo!!!!   Riddles are not fun if you give away the punch line.   How many greeks are there working at BFL?   Where is Josh in all those pictures of him on the web?   Has anyone asked Luke how many people he saw at BFL that seemed to be employees?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: