Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effects of Banning Bitcoin ?  (Read 10234 times)
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 03:50:10 PM

the major government including Russia, China, and the USA (just to name a few) could also ban bitcoin and cryptocoins in general.

Yes they could have to but they didn't that says a lot tho.

What do you think will happen to bitcoin?

Bitcoin would of course still remains bitcoin? The status of being illegal is not justifiable tho. Different country,different people and different rules.

If any, what is your plan of action and what would you like to see from the community in terms of continuation and development?

Stick to the main platform. Why am i using bitcoin? then that answers that one tho. There is no point of using bitcoin if you don't have anything to gain or contribute  on it.
d@nte

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 03:53:46 PM

perhaps many people would complain about it. Well, most people in the world have invested their money in the form of bitcoin, even many people who have a high rank, invest the money they have in bitcoin. Well, maybe there will be some crisis, and I am sure it will be bad.
If there was some kind of panic selling, it would be something temporary. This would not prevent people from using Bitcoin, which would continue to be a decentralized form of payment.
Perhaps this would even help to promote Bitcoin, so the ban would not be a wise decision from governments.
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 03:55:28 PM

perhaps many people would complain about it. Well, most people in the world have invested their money in the form of bitcoin, even many people who have a high rank, invest the money they have in bitcoin. Well, maybe there will be some crisis, and I am sure it will be bad.
It is not about complaining or not. I think if a country ban Bitcoin, Bitcoin price may increase even better. Or maybe I could start a revolution from people who want to destroy the Government. Anyway, in my opinion, banning bitcoin only brings bad impacts to the country's ecosystem and society
Luke2939

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 04:01:41 PM

It is not about complaining or not. I think if a country ban Bitcoin, Bitcoin price may increase even better. Or maybe I could start a revolution from people who want to destroy the Government. Anyway, in my opinion, banning bitcoin only brings bad impacts to the country's ecosystem and society

Russia did ban bitcoin and then they quickly decided to allow bitcoin and just try to regulate it. I think the Governments have realized the perks of having a crypto currency like bitcoin as this will encourage innovation and developments in the receptive fields. Soon we will be witnessing  Government backed crypto currency. And bitcoin will not be banned.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 04:16:03 PM

If this thing happens in all over the world, I think all of the bitcoin users would gone wild protesting that bitcoin should never be banned because it doesn't cause any harm in people, and everything in this world. Maybe the reason why they would ban bitcoin because they can't control it I guess, since most of the people or officials in the government are corrupts and the only thing that they want is money for them to be rich.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 04:22:11 PM

The only way to ban bitcoin effectively is by governments having a global agreement on banning it, which has never happened and will never happen because it's simply impossible that governments all over the world agree on any matter. It's absurd so it's a non issue. Bitcoin cannot be banned by the derived conclusion of the aforementioned premises.
genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 04:44:23 PM

If this thing happens in all over the world, I think all of the bitcoin users would gone wild protesting that bitcoin should never be banned because it doesn't cause any harm in people, and everything in this world. Maybe the reason why they would ban bitcoin because they can't control it I guess, since most of the people or officials in the government are corrupts and the only thing that they want is money for them to be rich.

Yeah indeed as far as i know no one can control bitcoin because bitcoin work decentralized and anonymously . But i think if binot really banned by a countries i an sure some big and bad affects will happen for the price of bitcoin and the user of bitcoin themselves in financial

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:29:41 PM

If there was some kind of panic selling, it would be something temporary. This would not prevent people from using Bitcoin, which would continue to be a decentralized form of payment.
Perhaps this would even help to promote Bitcoin, so the ban would not be a wise decision from governments.

Price will be affected to a great extend as common people will stay away from bitcoin if Government bans it. But the chances of such bans happening are remote.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 06:36:59 PM

Many Governments have supported crypto currencies and tried to set up laws to regulate it. Crypto currencies will be widely used in future and banning them is like saying NO to future!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
justdimin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:29:12 PM

I really think if bitcoin gets banned from some countries it will still be used , in fact if governments make bitcoin illegal the price will go higher , so bitcoin is used by lots of people from us china and Europe so even if they are banned in some areas of these countries the bitcoin activity is still getting higer
Yes I agree banning it would also give a recognition among the people who don't know but actually think of the people who wants to buy bitcoins for fiat, how would they get it ? I mean the sellers would decrease, like you see in localbitcoins right now a lot of users sell bitcoins for fiat that would decrease if they are banned in specific countries.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:02:41 PM

For now no one country is going to ban bitcoin, I think bitcoin is going to be banned by all countries only in one case - when the price for bitcoin will rise extremely high. In that case many people will try to cash out their bitcoins and in some blaces it may be just not enough money for such transaction or at once many people will be rich.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:10:12 PM

Banning bitcoin will make it more popular, especially during/after a financial crisis. How can they stop it? They cant!
Yeah actually banning would make sure that people who don't know about bitcoins would know about it with that news and its better for our community, and remember its humand tendency that whenever we are stopped from doing something we do it the most. So lets see ho they stop me from using bitcoins  Angry

You have also a point here. Banning bitcoin will create curiosity among people and the more it is in news, the more people will become eager to try to own one. But I think, banning bitcoin will have only significant effect as people have already  experienced how  convenient bitcoin in their transactions.People will always find way to transact with bitcoin underground.

Open for Campaigns
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:34:03 PM

For now no one country is going to ban bitcoin, I think bitcoin is going to be banned by all countries only in one case - when the price for bitcoin will rise extremely high. In that case many people will try to cash out their bitcoins and in some blaces it may be just not enough money for such transaction or at once many people will be rich.
Bitcoin's ban would be a wrong decision by governments. That would not hinder the use of the currency. As already mentioned, Bitcoin was designed to prevent people's money from being controlled by centralized institutions. I think if governments decide to take some action against it, they will probably create some kind of centralized blockchain, for their own cryptocurrency, which would not make much sense either.
Zosinburg

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:10:31 PM

Bitcoin's ban would be a wrong decision by governments. That would not hinder the use of the currency. As already mentioned, Bitcoin was designed to prevent people's money from being controlled by centralized institutions. I think if governments decide to take some action against it, they will probably create some kind of centralized blockchain, for their own cryptocurrency, which would not make much sense either.

That is right. Bitcoin is just a kind of property. It is legal and it is similar to copper and shell fish shells, which were used as a currency before.
bulwani

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:26:15 PM

More countries won't plan of banning bitcoin or the digital currency network, because soon everything is gonna get digitalized. At the same countries plan to ban and make regulations only when there economy gets affected by the bitcoin. Possibly very few with a fear of economy fall has banned, but users still continues to use it. So not much effects can be seen over the growth or potential of bitcoin.

Being a digital currency that is based on the internet. The only way the governments can ban bitcoins is by regulating the internet and maybe cutailing the conversion of the fiat currencies to bitcoin exchanges. otherwise it ios very hard.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:11:32 PM

The hardest thing is for the world to have one voice on anything, so a consensus to collectively ban bitcoin is most unlikely. And the community does not need to protest, we simply have to promote bitcoin more and more, it will find its way and level like water. Bitcoin is not good news for any retrogressive government, but there isn't much they can do about it. If nothing, its market capitalization and daily volume of trades, already speaks for its acceptability among people across the globe.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:20:59 PM

Yes, no one country ban bitcoin but no one country accepted bitcoin. In my country using bitcoin is illegal because bitcoin can use for money laundry.
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 03:12:11 PM

If Bitcoin is banned than people who get started to use Crypto currencies will afraid to use other alternative  crypto currency so the Bitcoin ban will also effect other crypto currency or we can say  all crypto currency markets will die.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:33:26 PM

If Bitcoin is banned than people who get started to use Crypto currencies will afraid to use other alternative  crypto currency so the Bitcoin ban will also effect other crypto currency or we can say  all crypto currency markets will die.
if bitcoin banned, it will be very many people are panicking because of it, especially on the internet money seekers who rely on bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. banned bitcoin will have an impact on all the coins. maybe people will not want to believe in coins.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:38:03 PM

if bitcoin banned, it will be very many people are panicking because of it, especially on the internet money seekers who rely on bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. banned bitcoin will have an impact on all the coins. maybe people will not want to believe in coins.
If Bitcoin is banned around the world it would simply be over for all of us. The government can easily control the content of the web. The government even has control on what goes in the dark web. Cryptocurrency in general will have no value at all after that happens it won't be use by anyone or accept by any establishment. Even creating a new kind of cryptocurrency won't solve the problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: