Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can program some bitcoin price-charts for my website?  (Read 810 times)
bitcoinspot.nl (OP)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 07:37:44 AM

Hi there

Till recently i used the bitcoincharts price-charts to display on my website www.bitcoinspot.nl
As of yesterday, this seems to be no longer possible.

So mow i am looking for someone who can program/create some pricecharts for me based on the raw (json?)data.

Price can be negotiated.

Greetings
Roland.

- bitcoinspot.nl - Alles over bitcoin! -
GimpyPrime

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

Hi there

Till recently i used the bitcoincharts price-charts to display on my website www.bitcoinspot.nl
As of yesterday, this seems to be no longer possible.

So mow i am looking for someone who can program/create some pricecharts for me based on the raw (json?)data.

Price can be negotiated.

Greetings
Roland.

I use this control suite for charting when I am looking for an HTML solution that takes json data.
http://demos.kendoui.com/dataviz/overview/index.html

If you have the expertise buy the license for the charting, and wire in the JSON data. It is cheaper to do it yourself if you can.

If you need help I can do it, however I only have a developer license at work. I can't build this for you from home without buying a license for myself. Ultimately it depends how much it is worth to you, and how much you are paying. If your offer was enough to buy a license then that would make it possible for me. The downside of course is that they do not sell their products in Bitcoin.

Before anything else though, check out their charting products and make sure they will work for you.

bitcoinspot.nl (OP)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 07:07:10 AM

Thanks for the reply, i will look into it.

for now i have found someone who is willing to program the charts for me, so i will go that route first

roland.

- bitcoinspot.nl - Alles over bitcoin! -
niner

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 07:13:31 AM

bitcoinx have some charts that seem to be loadable via 'img' tag
on any web page.

Eg:

http://www.bitcoinx.com/charts1/depth_mtgox.png

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
GimpyPrime

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

Thanks for the reply, i will look into it.

for now i have found someone who is willing to program the charts for me, so i will go that route first

roland.

Some advice for you in regards to charting...
1. Don't use plugins like Silverlight/Flash for dynamic charts. Although I am a huge Silverlight fan and it will look great, it won't be cross platform. This will only get worse as time goes on since even Microsoft doesn't support Silverlight in the WinRT version of their browser.
2. Don't use web controls that generate/output static images for the charts, they are not really designed for RIAs. 

Look for a free HTML/Javascript charting library  that you think looks good and will meet your needs. Make sure that you won't be violating any of their license agreements and then link it here. Then I will take a look at the library and we can see what is involved in doing the work.

Like I said the only charting Library I use is KendoUI, but if you don't like the price look around for other options. Yahoo is usually pretty good at releasing free stuff, and I believe google has a free charting library as well. Go check them out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: