Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crytocurrency speculation  (Read 353 times)
De Selby (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 05:26:57 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2016, 01:19:40 PM by De Selby

Back when I first joined this forum back in August, I made a thread discussing the cost-benefit of investing in Stratis. I saw an opportunity, but was somewhat reticent to allocate a significant portion of my investment capital to the project.

I did eventually get on board, and now own a decently sized position in Stratis tokens. In the interest of disclosure, my average buying price is 5,700 satoshi. There were opportunities to buy at 4,800, but the Coin Check exchange in Japan bungled up the KYC process, forcing me to wait and buy at a less attractive price.

Since then my position has appreciated by more than 25% and 40% in Bitcoin and fiat terms, respectively. I believe there is still room for greater appreciation, as more project milestones are met and the project gets listed on Poloniex.

Moving forward, and while I wait for my prediction of a $20 million market cap for Stratis to materialize, I am now hoping to capitalize on other investment opportunities.

By creating this thread, I am hoping to foster debate and constructive criticism of my investment strategy.

Currently, I have my sights set on Incent Loyalty and Komodo.

Incent Loyalty

Pros:
a) CEO Rob Wilson of BitScan. I was thoroughly impressed by Mr. Wilson's debate performance on Coin Interview. He articulated the philosophy behind the project in a most articulate manner, and in a way that proves Incent is a well thought out project being run by competent people.

b) Real world merchant adoption.

c) Enough volume to validate the project as an investment proposition (currently at BTC1,011), but not overfunded to the point where it becomes un-investible.

Cons:
a) The fact that the core concept requires real world merchant adoption. Unlike other coins that derive a speculative value from the underlying technology, Incent's value will probably be linked to transactional, rather than speculative, use of the technology. This can be viewed as a drawback, as merchants and consumers have historically been reluctant to accept and spend bitcoin for real world, everyday transactions.

b) The project will be integrated into the Waves platform, so in a sense the fate of Incent Loyalty will be very much tied to the success (or lack thereof) of the Waves platform. While the platform's recent over-performance can be construed as a sign of market strength and further potential for growth, the fact remains that Incent being built on top of Waves adds an extra layer of complexity and second order risk.

Before moving onto Komodo, I would like to hear feedback from my fellow forum users.

ratatatat

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 05:54:44 PM

A blockchain with a CEO is a paradox.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: