Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tired of people saying what if the government + banks bought all bitcoins!  (Read 1156 times)
empoweoqwj (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:54:22 AM

Its very simple. They can't possibly achieve that goal, should it ever become a goal.

Simple Reason: they aren't having mine  Grin

And I presume many other people feel that way.

Some people don't seem to get the idea of p2p at all .....
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:56:33 AM

Its very simple. They can't possibly achieve that goal, should it ever become a goal.

OK. What if USA get Internet Kill Switch?
empoweoqwj (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:59:36 AM

OK. What if USA get Internet Kill Switch?

I'm not in the USA, I don't trade in the USA

And the USA is going to totally destroy its economy in order to kill US use of bitcoins? That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 10:00:02 AM

Because there are some countries out there who will rightly say that it violates their sovereignty and they'd have to get ISP's in all the other countries to agree to it which is unrealistic because they can't even get them to agree to the anti-piracy programs they put out.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:07:33 AM

And the USA is going to totally destroy its economy in order to kill US use of bitcoins? That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Imagine that u r a president. Bitcoin gives ppl a tool to get rid of u. On the other hand u have Internet Switch Kill. Switch it on and u ruin economy of ur country. But u still will be a president. Don't switch it and u'll become an ordinary person without usefull skills. What will u choose?
Killdozer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:18:14 AM

Most people on this forum are just saying things, without proper knowledge, analysis or sometimes even a reason (not excluding me). Don't bother getting all wound up because of this, all these crazy ideas lead nowhere.
Keep calm and carry on Tongue

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:28:57 AM

Imagine that u r a president. Bitcoin gives ppl a tool to get rid of u. On the other hand u have Internet Switch Kill. Switch it on and u ruin economy of ur country. But u still will be a president. Don't switch it and u'll become an ordinary person without usefull skills. What will u choose?

Simple.

You can't switch it off.  Or you'd be hanged.
empoweoqwj (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:43:33 AM

Most people on this forum are just saying things, without proper knowledge, analysis or sometimes even a reason (not excluding me). Don't bother getting all wound up because of this, all these crazy ideas lead nowhere.
Keep calm and carry on Tongue

Yeah agreed, and honestly I'm calm. Just I've read the same "story" over and over in the last week or two. People should at least learn to read rubbish before they start writing it, but I know, that's a vain hope. It implies the ability to use the search tool.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:09:15 PM

Then obama will kill usa. But since i'm in europe, this is not my problem  Cheesy

Also, even if land based connections are fucked, we still have satellites  Wink

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:26:06 PM

Then obama will kill usa. But since i'm in europe, this is not my problem  Cheesy

Also, even if land based connections are fucked, we still have satellites  Wink

"The Fork: American blockchain VS European blockchain" - in all movie theaters of your town!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: