Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:07:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Sputnik Approves Monero !  (Read 1610 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 06:57:38 AM

Riccardo Spagni, core developer of Monero told Radio Sputnik that the new cryptocurrency is "as safe as houses," and all transactions made using the money are unlinkable and untraceable.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/science/201608291044728112-monero-cryptocurrency-transactions/

DarkWeb ? TAKE MY MONEY NOW !!!1111  Cheesy

So.. in other words "Sputnik approves Monero"
Because any of these "submitted" so called "News" stories that get posted are of course "approvalCheesy

We know because these guy do it all the time in Crypto and have for years.
For example staff here deleted a topic claiming Yahoo approved of LEOcoin.
The shill had the yahoo linked plastered all of the damn place..
Search Google with this to see..

guys.. i just heardz.. Monero is on AZURE !!!!111

yup.. Microsoft us USING Monero  Shocked

OHMGOD DID I TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IBM AND BIG BANKS YET ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:38:32 AM

My Favorite Riccardo Spagni Quote:  Wink
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/are-any-altcoins-currenty-useful-no-says-monero-developer-riccardo-spagni-1458743546
Spagni holds a relatively pragmatic view on altcoins.
The Monero developer has told individuals with limited funds to not buy the altcoin.
In fact, he has stated, “The most likely scenario is that Monero fails entirely.
  Tongue

When He's Right, He's Right!  Cheesy

Cool

FYI:
Maybe he has a split personality like Two-Face, it would explain a lot.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 01:06:13 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/are-any-altcoins-currenty-useful-no-says-monero-developer-riccardo-spagni-1458743546
The Monero developer has told individuals with limited funds to not buy the altcoin.
In fact, he has stated, “The most likely scenario is that Monero fails entirely.
  Tongue

Cool

FYI:

Democracy has been teetering on that precipice for hundreds of years.

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:54:59 PM

Haha. Classic.

And no real world bank or biz will even touch XMR or ZCASH.

They WILL be using rebranded WBB shortly though Smiley  -  See you on la lune!
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 03:09:31 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 07:58:50 PM by Spoetnik

Nice catch kiklo that is pretty funny  Cheesy

And Generalizethis.. ever heard of the housing market crash bubble ?
Yup.. shit does happen kid.
It's not all conspiracy theory or crying the sky is falling etc.

I just thought this "Sputnik" Russian news agency story on Monero i stumbled onto was funny.
You KNOW damn well they had to have deliberately submitted it to them.
And that would have been their "Marketing Dept" they said does not exist last couple years.  Roll Eyes

Anon coins will not get any real level of adoption from the main stream.. they are wasting their time.
Advertising to Russians they have a new Dark Market / web coin to use on Silk Road
is not exactly going to help the Monero cause in any way.
On the contrary it will be detrimental.
The Russian govt is notorious for cracking down on all that bullshit so that was dumb of them.

These Morono's are stuck bag holding their dumb idea basically..

And i find it funny the Ric'Tardo idiot mentioned Monero and... DarkCoin (not Dash)
What does he still think it's 2014 ?

idiots  Cheesy

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 07:46:13 PM

Tongue

Cool

FYI:

Democracy has been teetering on that precipice for hundreds of years.

Arguing that <Major Alt> will fail, but BTC can't fail is nonsensical...
There are probably 20 countries and 10 corporations out there that could destroy Bitcoin in days...
One might as well have held the "pragmatic view" in 1997 that the WWW is not "useful"... and a passing fad.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:11:40 PM

No the WWW was never perceived as a passing FAD.
I know i had the first computer and been using them since.
I played space invaders loaded from cassette tapes on my TRS-80 with Tandy tape deck i got from Radio Shack when i was in grade 5 in the 80's.

You say that like it was common.. it was not.
Sure maybe a few fringe weirdos might have said that but it was not the commonly held majority's belief.

On the contrary the WWW web was considered what it is.. a revolution in digital information transfer.
How can anyone perceive an upgrade over snail mail and phone calls etc to be a "FAD" ?

Necessity is the mother of invention and the web filled a role.
You disagree ?
Well it enabled people across the globe to simultaneously discuss things with each other for a monthly service fee.. in an easy varied number of ways.

The internet connected the planet to each other and is possibly our greatest achievement ever.

So.. Monero ?
It's touted Darkweb usage is a farce.
Who needs that ? Criminals.. selling guns drugs pedo shit etc.
I have no need for any of that bullshit nor does the mainstream public.
Nor are they going to be willing to stick their necks out to screw with it all..
Sheriff's going to auction off "seized" Monero's soon ?

Russia has historically been tough on Bitcoin so what do you think it will think of the shitcoinz ?
And what will the public see if they hear about Altcoins on Spuntik or Yahoo then Google it ?
Think they will end up here on Bitcointalk finding out about the bullshitters & their deceitful drama
and the fact that Monero is coin #2,319 of 7,000 and climbing ?
And what would they think of that ? Any guesses smart ass's ?

You all are blind to the history and context of this all.
Your little shitcoin circle-jerk bubble is irrelevant.. the only opinion that matters is the public's.
And guess what ?
They are not here are they? ..just pro MLM scammers and Ransomware assholes and shithead profiteers.
The public is not here for a reason dumb ass's.  Cheesy

Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:49:17 PM

Haha. Classic.

And no real world bank or biz will even touch XMR or ZCASH.

They accept cash so why not.

twitter.com/erikledgers
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 02:58:01 AM

"the new cryptocurrency is "as safe as houses,""

Um... what? Safe as houses? You mean the same asset that caused the global recession in 2008? Holy fuck I hope this is a troll and not the developer's actual words, that's fucking embarrassing.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:11:26 AM

"the new cryptocurrency is "as safe as houses,""

Um... what? Safe as houses? You mean the same asset that caused the global recession in 2008? Holy fuck I hope this is a troll and not the developer's actual words, that's fucking embarrassing.

Yeah no kidding, i had no idea what he meant either.
I thought maybe it was a lost in translation thing maybe.
But it seems i think like he was quoted saying that exactly.

I really have no bloody idea what he intended with that comment.
I hope he did not mean a housing thing like jeffthebaker just pointed out.. because yeah that would be stupid.

The problem is they got a me-too coin with an ANON gimmick.
It's kinda hard to work your way around that glaring fact.
It's coin #2,321 with ANON tacked on.. in a sea of many thousands of ANN's.
They are pigeon-holed stuck with their gimmick.. which i have thought all along was a poor idea to begin with.
Like what can they say about Monero ?
It has a fucking horrendously gay lame name for one thing.
Who ever thought of that deserves a slap in the head !
Monero ? really ? sounds like a nerdy type of spanish thing or some shit.

These guys actually drink their own Kool-Aid though..
They REALLY do think an anon coin is every bit as capable as the same adoption levels Bitcoin is.
Problem is.. BTC is already long associated with Silk Road and now Ransomware.
They want to go down that road ?
That is there big and ONLY selling point ? Really ?

Hey, good luck with that.  Cheesy

jeffthebaker
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:15:27 AM

Yeah, XMR isn't looking too hot. I guess in the context of the recent price fluctuation it is like houses. Shot up steadily for quite some time until the bottom fell out. Embarrassed to say I put a long in for XMR near the peak, now I'm enjoying some solid loss.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:41:27 AM

I actually try not to harp on Monero believe it or not LOL

It's just i think they are walled in and have nowhere to go really..
They don't have a lot to go with direction wise.
They got their ANON crap and not much more.

So either you believe firmly that has a rock solid potential of getting large adoption
or.. your maybe like me and see it all doomed to toil in obscurity in the shitcoin world.

What would happen if they end up getting ETH level bugs but peoples lives were on the line ?
If i was trafficking illegal stuff in dark markets and there was a found way to exploit the identity in Monero users i would be shitting.
All it takes is once !
And BAM global arrests and massive damage done !

And who do you trust a few Monero coders or.. Earth's most nasty hackers & coders with potentially unlimited govt bank-rolled NSA style determination to "get in" ?

I am not for or against Dark Web / Market stuff.. i don't care about it.. it doesn't interest me.
But, it does concern me that users may be lured into dabbling with Dark Market crap under the pretense of bullet proof security claims by the Monero Heavens Gate cult.

From my history and misc experience on the web i am leery about eating up claims of security.

Anyway i just don't know what the Monero guys are going to do or where they are going with it all.
If they asked me "what's next" i wouldn't know what to tell 'em.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:46:13 AM

So either you believe firmly that has a rock solid potential of getting large adoption
or.. your maybe like me and see it all doomed to toil in obscurity in the shitcoin world.

I definitely fall into the second camp. I'm in college right now, so I don't have the same time to devote to shitcoin trading like I had over the Summer. I bet against myself hoping that I could put a longer-term call on XMR. Obviously, I was wrong to bet against my intuition. Going to go back to shorting Ethereum and riding the daily shitcoin pumps over winter break.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:16:45 AM

Tongue

Cool

FYI:

See above commentary kiklo Wink

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:31:02 AM

LOL,

Can you imagine what the other monero guys told FluffyPony, after his 1st interview.

You will say Monero is Safe or we will beat you with this wet noddle AGAIN!     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cool

FYI:
I heard fluffypony was crying after the 2nd lashing from the wet noodle.  Tongue
What are the odds the FBI has him update monero wallet code just to send them all of the public keys from the clients directly.
I mean it is not like he would have the balls to say no.
FBI Guy says" Hide the reporting code in an update Fluffy,
Fluffy says " Yes Daddy , please don't lash me with the wet noodle anymore.

Monero guys are screwed!
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:59:01 AM

Riccardo Spagni, core developer of Monero told Radio Sputnik that the new cryptocurrency is "as safe as houses," and all transactions made using the money are unlinkable and untraceable.

Guaranteeing what is not true, will not end well.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:04:49 AM

I think something was lost in translation to the Russian News Site.
Or not ? Did he say that word for word i wonder..  Shocked
I never heard anyone say that before ever.. safe as houses ? WTF ?

If anyone is curious i do not know a single word of Russian or any other language really.
And i have mostly Dutch heritage on my Dad's side of the family and English on the other.
So Russians might as well be speakin' Chinese for all i care  Cheesy

All i know about Russians is they have some hot babes  Kiss

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:28:13 AM

I think something was lost in translation to the Russian News Site.
Or not ? Did he say that word for word i wonder..  Shocked
I never heard anyone say that before ever.. safe as houses ? WTF ?

If anyone is curious i do not know a single word of Russian or any other language really.
And i have mostly Dutch heritage on my Dad's side of the family and English on the other.
So Russians might as well be speakin' Chinese for all i care  Cheesy

All i know about Russians is they have some hot babes  Kiss

Old English Term
http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-saf1.htm

As a result, safe as houses has often meant something that was certain to happen. In 1894, Mrs Arthur Stannard, writing as J S Winter, used it in her novel Red Coats, “You know the Colonel is as safe as houses to come round after church parade.” In The Penang Pirate by John Conroy Hutcheson (1886) appears this: “If you was to strike one with a rope’s end — if only in lark, mind you, to make him move quicker — why, you’d be a dead man ’fore morning, safe as houses!” In Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy of 1874 this dialogue appears: “‘He must come without fail, and wear his best clothes.’ ‘The clothes will floor us as safe as houses!’ said Coggan.”

There’s clearly more going on than at first sight we might think. After all this time, we can’t penetrate the minds of the inventors of the expression. But it’s unwise to draw parallels with related expressions. As safe as a church and as safe as a bank suggest the security of a physical structure. But the reference is probably figurative in both cases — to God’s protection and to financial security.

John Hotten argued in his Slang Dictionary of 1859 that safe as houses may have arisen when the intense speculation on railways in Britain — the railway mania — began to be seen for the highly risky endeavour that it really was and when bricks and mortar became more financially attractive. But that ignores the figurative nature of the phrase, which, even so early after its coining, must have had little in users’ minds to do with any actual building.

Cool

FYI:
A lot of European & Financial News papers having been using the phrase safe as houses, Fluffy must have read one and thought it cool.  Tongue
Or Rpietila told him to say it , as no doubt he would be familiar with that phrase.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:42:22 AM

@Kiklo
Thanks and now i have a reply back for you Wink

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Housing+Market+Crash

The subprime mortgage crisis alone caused millions of Americans to lose their homes, but that same Globe and Mail piece reports Trump was "advising investors that their are now great deals in buying subprime mortgages at a discount, and repossessed houses at low prices.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-2007-i-m-excited-housing-market-crash-n578761

Safe as what now ?  Shocked  Cheesy

Reality.. housing caused a world wide massive recession we still feel today with rabid inflation etc and a looming even worse repeat.
It even caused some countries economies to collapse.. Greece for example was beaten down hard.

Because of.. "safe as houses"

NEVER listen to a Monero shill.. you will go broke
  Cry

PS:
It was the collapse of the US economy that led to Germany to tank hard which led to Hitler getting elected.
Hitler and Trump's campaign's have a lot of similarities between the two if comparing the same time frames / points in their political resume / history.
Both had a similar style and personality etc etc
I could show case a shit load of similarities between the two.. it's disturbing !

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:51:10 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 11:35:29 AM by iamnotback

NEVER listen to a Monero shill.. you will go broke  Cry

As usual, you are ruining some good points by going too far off into hyperbole.

Investors in Monero (at the liftoff point when I wrote to buy it, after the initial nosebleed bubble ostensibly caused by Risto) have done very well.

However, presuming that Monero guarantees your untraceability from the authorities is not going to end well for those dumb enough to believe that.

The technical reasons have been covered ad nauseum in the past by myself:

* Sybil attacks on anonymity sets
* Meta data correlation (such as IP address and browser fingerprints, etc)
* Combinatorial unmasking of anonymity sets (I had to fight with both @smooth and Shen-noether about this)
* Rubber hoses (even against those you transacted with)

But you make a good point. Polo is a single point of failure. Hint Hint...Bitsquare.io

* On/off ramps
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: