Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 05:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the hashrate of RX 460 mining MONERO?  (Read 10938 times)
zend7 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:46:29 AM

I just checked the coinwarz website and damn it looks like way too profitable to be true. I have found a friend with 0.07 USD K/wat cost in Italy (don't ask me how) and I will give him my PC with i3 6100 51 watt plus RX 460 a bit more than 73 watt so in total I will not exceed 200 watts taking into consideration other pc components.

With a hashrate of 1500 H I found at that website or even 1000 I am taking as a minimum it looks like I can easily make more than 66 USD per month profit.

So my question is what is the real hashrate of RX 460 as I couldn't find it for monero on web and youtube (for ethereum it was all over the place but not for monero).

Thanks in advance for your help.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 02:01:31 PM

I just checked the coinwarz website and damn it looks like way too profitable to be true. I have found a friend with 0.07 USD K/wat cost in Italy (don't ask me how) and I will give him my PC with i3 6100 51 watt plus RX 460 a bit more than 73 watt so in total I will not exceed 200 watts taking into consideration other pc components.

With a hashrate of 1500 H I found at that website or even 1000 I am taking as a minimum it looks like I can easily make more than 66 USD per month profit.

So my question is what is the real hashrate of RX 460 as I couldn't find it for monero on web and youtube (for ethereum it was all over the place but not for monero).

The best you can get with a RX 460 with stock settings is around 320-400 h/s that ends up being around a little more than $1 per day before power.

You may be able to mod the bios and get close to 450+ h/s but I am not sure it would be worth the time.
zend7 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 02:54:11 PM

The best you can get with a RX 460 with stock settings is around 320-400 h/s that ends up being around a little more than $1 per day before power.

You may be able to mod the bios and get close to 450+ h/s but I am not sure it would be worth the time.

Yes after doing a lot of research on Cryptonote algorithm I came out with that conclusion too.

Your calculations are wrong though. With that average hashrate of 350 h/s you win 0.34 daily net profit or before paying energy cost 0.51 USD with a 200 watt power consumption and 0.07 usd energy cost. Well it appears 10 USD monthly which is not worth to burn the card for such low amount. Thanks for your help, locking the thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: