Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wtf Caffeine addiction?  (Read 699 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 11:41:05 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this granted there seems to be different amounts of hyperbole on the severity of weekly caffeine consumption but just to see if it really does make a lot of difference to your health I'm giving up caffeine entirely, I do drink a lot, something like 2 - 4 cups a day depending on how tired I am and lately I think I've been overdosing because of the amount of work I'm doing. So I've decided I'm going to bitch slap myself into being healthier and give it up entirely, so far I've experienced the withdrawal symptoms various websites talk about ( Jitteryness and lack of concentration etc. ) and I've also gone and made this thread to see whether anyone else has any experiences with this sort of thing.

So have any of you ever tried giving up caffeine entirely? Or for instance saw anyone else do it and found out it fucked people up more than you'd think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:52:00 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this granted there seems to be different amounts of hyperbole on the severity of weekly caffeine consumption but just to see if it really does make a lot of difference to your health I'm giving up caffeine entirely, I do drink a lot, something like 2 - 4 cups a day depending on how tired I am and lately I think I've been overdosing because of the amount of work I'm doing. So I've decided I'm going to bitch slap myself into being healthier and give it up entirely, so far I've experienced the withdrawal symptoms various websites talk about ( Jitteryness and lack of concentration etc. ) and I've also gone and made this thread to see whether anyone else has any experiences with this sort of thing.

So have any of you ever tried giving up caffeine entirely? Or for instance saw anyone else do it and found out it fucked people up more than you'd think?

I found giving up alcohol easier than giving up caffeine. Alcohol is 2-3 days of feeling lousy and that's it. With caffeine I got bad headaches, general lethargy etc. I just accepted that I need caffeine to get going in the morning. Maybe its bad for your health, maybe not, but we all have to find a way to function.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 02:02:36 PM

There nothing better than a surgery caffeinated drink to go with your nicotine hit when waking up  Grin

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 02:34:54 PM

There nothing better than a surgery caffeinated drink to go with your nicotine hit when waking up  Grin

Ditto!

I drink nothing but coffee throughout the day. In the summer, I drink iced tea if I'm outside.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:13:20 PM

Coffee can be addictive. But it is not only stimulating and legal drink. Drinking Green tea or strong black tea have similar effect.

Have been drinking 1 pint of strong natural coffee every morning. Every single day last 3 weeks. I needed it to wake up and get me in shape. It was thin balance between feeling energetic and then with few more shots having mild panic attacks and heart racing. Today I did not drink anything at all. And I feel OK. And I'm not overly sensitive to caffeine. Can drink energy drinks without noticeable effect. Either my coffee brewing is too strong or it have some other natural ingredients to make it more potent.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:28:09 PM

Moderate caffeine consumption has some health benefits. Sugar, on the other hand, is basically poison.

I would make sure you don't exceed 200mg per day, but you don't have to cut it out. The best way to reduce your dependency is to buy pure caffeine (amazon has it) and some precise measuring spoons, and slowly reduce your current intake down to 150-200mg over a couple of weeks. That's about the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee.

Small doses of caffeine work really well with various nootropic stacks, if you're interested. CognativeNutrition.com takes Bitcoin. Smiley

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:00:23 PM

Many substances have both benefits and bad effects. Including alcohol, marijuana, amphetamine and so on. All comes down to proper consumption.

Sugar is not poison. It is high energy source. But I drink my coffee black. I grind the coffee beans and pour with boiling water. I don't add anything else. I don't like sugar anymore and milk makes me sick.

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:26:55 PM

Many substances have both benefits and bad effects. Including alcohol, marijuana, amphetamine and so on. All comes down to proper consumption.

Sugar is not poison. It is high energy source. But I drink my coffee black. I grind the coffee beans and pour with boiling water. I don't add anything else. I don't like sugar anymore and milk makes me sick.

Biochemists beg to differ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:44:44 PM

Holy crap O_O that was an unpleasant experience, second day and I got some major withdrawal symptoms from it ( Nausea/Headaches ) from it so I guess that it goes without saying that I was drinking too much caffeine, now I've gotten over that hurdle things should get a lot better Tongue
SpaceJelly

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:42:22 PM

Holy crap O_O that was an unpleasant experience, second day and I got some major withdrawal symptoms from it ( Nausea/Headaches ) from it so I guess that it goes without saying that I was drinking too much caffeine, now I've gotten over that hurdle things should get a lot better Tongue

It'll take a bit more than a few days! I know! I had two weeks of headaches and feeling like crap after cutting out coffee. However, I feel so much better for it so stick with it!  Cheesy

1Je11yL4Fqw5nvaP6KUs2JDABBp29vKeEU
1JeLLyv8o7YwooSg53qEdDSPXeAT3ShQoc
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:26:23 PM

Today prepared coffee half usual strength. I feel very good. No need to drink so much coffee when my brain basically is in idle state.

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 09:27:19 PM

Oh yeah I'm sure, still getting side effects but at least I'm not feeling like I'm going to throw up, that was a weird moment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: