Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay buyers won't pay  (Read 1786 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:52:52 PM

Why sell you hard earned bitcoins on ebay?

A lot of Bitcoins are sold on ebay at a premium, and the seller most likely will use the sale to buy more Bitcoins than he had before the sale (because the seller has a MtGox exchange account or similar). Even though this seems like the buyer is being scammed, this is not the case. The benefit to the buyer is that they don't have to verify and go through a exchange.

However, I would advise against selling Bitcoins like this mainly because of the chance that the buyer will charge-back or something similar after you transfer a Bitcoin that can never be returned.

softwaregod

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:08:52 PM

Selling on e-bay risky at best - pretty much no protection.
xpman

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:19:34 PM

I've only ever heard of bad stories coming out of people selling on fleabay.  Better to stay away from it and become a smarter trader on BTC platforms, rather than gambling on ebay.
incloudibly

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

The Crypto Hosting Provider

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:21:55 PM

Just tried to sell my first bitcoins on ebay, and the auction went really well with lots of action and a good final price, but now the buyer will not pay for the bitcoins he won!

Anyone else dealing with this?

It seems like my buyer at least is using ebay to buy bitcoin options at no risk. Since the tank, he has had no reason to pay up Sad

Since the buyer committed to buy your item he will either pay for it or be penalized by Ebay. I believe 'no payment' issue is pretty common at Ebay, it doesn't matter what exactly you are selling.

COIN.HOST- Dedciated Servers, VPS and Crypto VPN. Proudly served from Switzerland with privacy in mind.
technocoma

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:20:25 PM

Wouldn't ever sell anything digital on eBay, its hard enough getting eBay to side with you when you have proof of delivery etc in the real world.
Bit-Ter

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:13:52 AM

I don't like paypal.
bitdib

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 06:06:56 AM

Paypal, NO!