Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:51:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is trollcoin (bytecoin) unwittingly the solution to bitcoins scalability issue?  (Read 7306 times)
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:01:12 AM

Wow, I went into this thread with enormous skepticism and was actually very impressed with OP's argument. Thought provoking!
spacegoat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:04:06 AM

dude byte coin is not troll coin.  TRC is obviously Trollcoin

yeah baby yeah
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:39:18 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 06:05:33 AM by Come-from-Beyond

Bitcoin devs failed to solve the scalability issue. Maybe Bytecoin is not a brilliant solution but it's, at least, a quite good one.

When did this happen?  Sure they haven't included pruning yet, but when they do i'm hoping disk seek work is greatly reduced.  The up front bottleneck is the ballooning size of the blockchain, and how long it takes to launch the client, and catch up for the first time.

I think the true solution is to include a hash of utxo in the block headers....think about it.

1. Satoshi lowered blocksize hard limit from 32 Mb to 1 Mb.
2. Luke-Jr non-stop accusing SatoshiDice ddosing Bitcoin.
3. Bitcoin Foundation released 0.8 version of the classic client with increased blocksize soft limit which led to the recent fork.

This doesn't look like a success, does it?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:48:59 AM

I see OP's argument, interesting idea. It's a bit like what Intel and AMD did with there processors. They had trouble with heat problems getting a single core over say 3/4 GHz, so they went wider and added more cores. This multi-threading comes at the cost of addition complexity of course.

Perhaps that's the way Bitcoin needs to head. Get the blockchain wider by using more blockchains, not stuffing more transactions into the same single chain. Maybe the blockchain will eventually spawn a new blockchain automatically when it detects being overloaded; multi-threading itself.

This of course will bring it's own huge design and programming problems. But then again, Bitcoin was never going to be an easy project to begin with.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the 'Development & Technical Discussion' board?

BitHits

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 07:29:04 AM

New BTE Faucet! www.ByteHits.info [NOW OPEN!] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168473.0

Free BTC http://beta.BitHits.info BTC 1DNNERMT5MMusfYnCBfcKCBjBKZWBC5Lg2 DGC DH2Pm4VXxsTeqUYZkEySU1c8p5TLvuLe8u LTC LP2QiL1pnsaKVX5Qa811pFJuFL8FxkxWRz
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:04:07 AM

Wow, I went into this thread with enormous skepticism and was actually very impressed with OP's argument. Thought provoking!

this is encouraging =) i put quite a bit of money into bitcoin2 so i wish i was as confident about my argument as i sound =P

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:06:39 AM

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the 'Development & Technical Discussion' board?

it probably should but i have a feeling that if i move it john would send it right back over here =P

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
HiveLibrary

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:31:24 AM

The next argument would be:

"But litecoin already does what Bytecoin could do!  Litecoin also has improvements specifically for these issues!"

Yup. Followed by counter-argument that Litecoin is centralized.

How is litecoin centralized?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh\

Also bitcoiners are hoarders not innovators.

ATMs and Pay cards are just the roads, still need people to actually DO SOMETHING.

All of the recent innovation has come from the litecoin side, because THEY DON'T EXPECT THE CURRENCY TO SAVE THEM.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:02:53 PM

How is litecoin centralized?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh\

It's a long story. Centralization of Litecoin was revealed in drama "BitcoinExpress and Litecoin 51% attack".
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:20:52 PM

It's a long story. Centralization of Litecoin was revealed in drama "BitcoinExpress and Litecoin 51% attack".

no dude you are wrong on this one. Ltc is not any more centralized than bitcoin, if anything its less centralized.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:28:22 PM

no dude you are wrong on this one. Ltc is not any more centralized than bitcoin, if anything its less centralized.

Sorry, but I disagree.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:03:26 PM

Sorry, but I disagree.

its almost exactly the same. The only things they changed where the proof of work algorythm and the time between blocks. other than that its almost an exact clone.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:17:33 PM

Sorry, but I disagree.

its almost exactly the same. The only things they changed where the proof of work algorythm and the time between blocks. other than that its almost an exact clone.

I'm talking not about technical details.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

Sorry, but I disagree.

oh than what are you talking about?

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:47:31 PM

I have to remember sending some BTE to a faucet.

aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 07:22:26 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 05:33:23 PM by aa

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:36:59 PM

African nations are lucky if they get dial up. It could take weeks if not months for an African to sync up with the bit coin.
That's one reason why I see that bit coin is doom to fail in the long run,which will cause it to be replaced.

Bitcoin will fail because Africa?  Shocked

Who cares? All the Africans have to offer to the internet, so far, is Nigerian scammers.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:56:14 PM

Sorry, but I disagree.

oh than what are you talking about?

He's talking about nothing because he was wrong and he has nothing to reply with in terms of actual facts or proof.

C'mon. I already answered. Read again my reply regarding BCX and Litecoin 51% attack drama. It's too long story to discuss it again.

PS: I understand. U bought a lot of litecoins, they r dumped now, u r upset. It's obvious, baby.
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 10:14:01 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 05:33:27 PM by aa

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:40:05 AM

African nations are lucky if they get dial up. It could take weeks if not months for an African to sync up with the bit coin.
That's one reason why I see that bit coin is doom to fail in the long run,which will cause it to be replaced.

Perhaps you should have a read up on 'thin clients' in the Bitcoin wiki and this might change your mind.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: