Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2024, 11:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechanical Keyboard?  (Read 397 times)
Shiroslullaby (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 02:09:29 AM

I wanted to get peoples opinions on mechanical keyboards-
what switch do you prefer? do you like different switches for typing and gaming?
what keyboard brand do you prefer?
do you get custom key caps/ etc? (Really customizing your keyboard.)

I prefer cherry blue for typing and was using cherry brown for gaming.
Recently I picked up a Rosewill board on sale that has Kailh blue switches.
I like them so far and the board was definitely worth $50- fully backlit every key.
Hopefully it lasts as long as my last keyboard- a couple years.

If you've never used a mechanical keyboard, do yourself a favor and at least try it.
Anyone who spends a lot of time with computers will tell you- it's definitely worth the money.

welshy9

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 02:15:54 AM
Merited by OgNasty (2)

i love them Smiley

im thinking of getting one of these

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-gaming-cgk95-cherry-mx-red-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-blac

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-vengeance-k65-compact-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-red-switches-usb

i tried a mec keyboard for the first time when bf2142 was out and havent gone back since , and now playing bf1 i think i need a update lol

Any questions about the pool inbox/tweet/skype us !
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.com:8080/
Follow us on twitter ! - @Cryptoman82 - - - - Add me on skype - cryptominers.online
Soha

Activity: 580
Merit: 502

185usd/day Money making guide check my signature!

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:08:24 AM
Merited by OgNasty (2)

Using mechanical keyboard of Razer now. Pretty cool and comfortable especially in online games. The feeling when you clicked on key caps is really true and easy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5093954.0

185usd/day money making guide, guaranteed!
Shiroslullaby (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 09:49:41 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 10:06:54 PM by Shiroslullaby

I have wanted to try Cherry red switches for a while.
I've used blue and brown but never had the chance to try red.

Using mechanical keyboard of Razer now. Pretty cool and comfortable especially in online games. The feeling when you clicked on key caps is really true and easy.

Razer was using Kailh switches but has changed to Greetech switches on newer boards. Supposedly these switches are slightly better in quality.
They seem pretty decent from what I've seen in stores but I've never owned one so I can't say how they perform long term.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 10:12:26 PM

To be honest, I've never fully understood the whole mechanical keyboard following.  It's not like going from an integrated GPU to an nVidia 1080 where the obvious difference in graphical quality, frame rate, lag, stutter are instantly noticeable.  You can clearly see the difference between a garbage card (that might not even play your favorite game) and a top branded one.  Same with going from spinning platters to SSD.  Marked performance increase.

Obviously it's a niche product, and people swear by them.  Me... I'd rather spend the budget on another component.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 10:15:21 PM
Merited by OgNasty (2)

I upgraded from a cheapo keyboard to a cherry-red switch keyboard and my typing speed increased nearly double.  I use my board for typing on the internet and for gaming.  I have a Logitech G610 Red and I think it's great and worth the money.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDYB8AG/ref=twister_B01CQDNBKE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
rakokiller1

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 08:47:08 AM

I like the mechanical keyboards because of the reliability and very long service life, and the sound is very pleasant Smiley
Jalinayr

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 02:06:42 AM

Mechanical Keyboard is so cool ,because even if there is some dust you can use it very well, Mechanical is Good for gaming as well.

stake.com/?c=fbb894a1ec
stake.com/?c=fbb894a1ec
stake.com/?c=fbb894a1ec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: