Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: huge: PayPal panics! they run discount campaign big time!  (Read 1131 times)
mai77 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:12:00 PM

GayPal is panicking !  they know BTN spells DEATH for them!

BTC rings the knell for PayPal.

no joke!

I received a letter from their discount campaign -5% which tries to keep ppl using sh*tty GayPal !

maybe I write back to them...

no... but thanks! LOL

PayPal ? BITCOIN USER NOT AFFECTED!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mai77 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:16:26 PM

remember GayPal is associated with JP Morgan Bank

the London whale... Bruno Iksil

follow Max Keiser for details...

"buy silver, crash JP Morgan!"
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:18:24 PM

Not sure how turning the name Paypal into a homophobic slur really accomplishes anything...

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Digikeys

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:19:14 PM

Not sure how turning the name Paypal into a homophobic slur really accomplishes anything...

+1
mai77 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:20:46 PM

alright then.
changed headline  Wink
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:42:58 PM

alright then.
changed headline  Wink
Change the content of the message too please.
mai77 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:56:20 PM

the pun is too cool to let go of it
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:06:53 PM

Some russian carders call it ПидopПaл

It does not accomplish anything except none likes gays. And I'm not sure that PayPal can do much about Bitcoin in long term. They started to ban Bitcoin listings but it is short term solution just as discounts. eBay can start to accept BTC and act as escrow service just like with PayPal.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:13:19 PM

So much fail...
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:59:38 PM

I'd love to see PainPal die. Painfully. Cheesy
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:57:44 PM

I'd love to see PainPal die. Painfully. Cheesy
Oh, there's a good one.

What about PenisPal?  PayPal is a dick, and a dick is a penis, so...

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:06:25 AM

Gay (in the case of GayPal) is an expression of discontent; it has nothing to do with homosexuals in this context.

Here's how it works in action:

Bro one: "Amazon failed to deliver my package so now I gotta dispute it."

Bro two: "That's gay."

or

Bro one: "I have to attend my girlfriend's choir recital so I can't drink brewskis tonight."

Bro two: "Gay."

And to be frank, gay never meant homosexual to begin with.  The English language is an evolving creature.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 03:50:43 AM

the pun is too cool to let go of it

I prefer praypal.  You pray not to be charged back.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:11:48 AM

Gay (in the case of GayPal) is an expression of discontent; it has nothing to do with homosexuals in this context.

or

Bro one: "I have to attend my girlfriend's choir recital so I can't drink brewskis tonight."

And to be frank, gay never meant homosexual to begin with.  The English language is an evolving creature.

Think about why "gay" went from meaning happy and carefree, to meaning something negative and nasty. If you can come up with anything at all that doesn't have anything to do with homophobia and general distaste for gay people, you're right. If not...  Tongue
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:30:12 AM

or

Think about why "gay" went from meaning happy and carefree, to meaning something negative and nasty. If you can come up with anything at all that doesn't have anything to do with homophobia and general distaste for gay people, you're right. If not...  Tongue

When did fag turn from a bundle of hay to a cigarette to a homosexual?  What do bundles of hay or cigarettes have to do with homosexuality?  I'm sure there's a reason for it, but sometimes the meaning is obscure, and ceases to apply.  I've read some older books which used the term "gay" freely; even males referring to themselves, and it wasn't to imply they were homosexual--it's odd to see, nowadays, because the word's taken on a much different form.  Reading Shakespearean is alien.  Shakespeare reading Twilight is alien.

Also, gays (the noun, not the adjective) refer to themselves as gay.  When they come out of the closet, they say, "Mom; Dad; I think I'm gay."  Joe's gay, and he loves his big gay husband.  Heck, it's barely an insult anymore, now that I think about it.  Fag is still hot, but even fag is turning into a common term that gays use to refer to each other (or maybe that's just gays in media.)  To derail a bit, it's an odd phenomenon; like blacks and "nigga".  I don't know why it happens.  At one point in time, it's an insult; the next, it's not only common, but the group it was used against is now using it as a noun.  And thus, the negative connotation dissipates.  I suppose it's a cultural effect.  Anyway, gay has many different forms, and only a few of which are literally about homosexuality.  Gay as an insult came from a point in time when it was used against gays (I'm assuming a gay back then was supposed to be awful frilly, which some are,) but as gays no longer consider it an insult, but a noun, it is instead used to express general discontent toward anything--not gays specifically.  Then again, Jew works the same way, and it's generally frowned upon to use it as a negative term.

Huh

I give up Tongue  I'm certain there are lots of words we use now that were 'bad' at some point in time, and those who use them without the negative connotation today will be the pioneers to new words and less insults Grin  12 year olds use "gay" enough to water it down, anyway.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:58:52 AM

Gay was never really a bad word until people (kids) started using it in a derogatory way, actually accusing someone of being gay, i.e. weak, effeminate, cocksucker. It's used by gays, and that's OK. But when still used as a derogatory comment, still not OK. Kinda like I could call something "niggery." Even though blacks say "my nigga," me saying something like that? Not OK.
As for fags? They used to burn them. Layer of fags, layer of "fags," another layer of fags on top, and set the whole thing on fire.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:07:51 AM

O.K. now this thread is gay. 
Edit- .. paypal does suck (but not like primus does) and a discount ain't gonna fix it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: