Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:09:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose change address on new blockchain.info?  (Read 501 times)
Chomsky (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:03:14 PM

Does anyone know how to select the change address for a transaction you're about to make? On the old one it was very simple and you could choose wether to send the chnage to the same address or a new one but now the option seems to have dissapeard. Anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:05:37 PM

Does anyone know how to select the change address for a transaction you're about to make? On the old one it was very simple and you could choose wether to send the chnage to the same address or a new one but now the option seems to have dissapeard. Anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
The option to use a single wallet was already removed.
If you want to use a single wallet you can create one in any other allet where you can export the privatekey and then import it to blockchain.info so you can use a single address wallet separately.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Chomsky (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:13:22 PM

So you're saying I can't choose where the change goes? I don't wan't to use a single wallet but I want to know where the change is going to go. Don't want loads of unnecesary addresses with bits of change in them scattered about. Is the change just going to go into a new address everytime?
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 07:33:20 PM

Well. I don't really get what you're saying. Sorry, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it basically the same? If we want to receive funds into a specific address, we just copy the address that we want and give that to the sender?
On the other hand, when making payments, we choose which address the funds will be taken from by making it the default address.

Otherwise, if we click either the Next Address button or the Receive Button we'd get a new address?

If these aren't what you're talking about then pardon me for butting in.  Tongue

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Chomsky (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:50:10 PM

So can nobody help me with this? I also can't seem to work out how to send money from two addresses in one transaction. For example I want to send 1btc but only have 0.5 in two different addresses. Is this not possible now on the new blockchain.info? Used to be so simple. Not sure why they had to change everything.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 03:48:02 PM

So can nobody help me with this? I also can't seem to work out how to send money from two addresses in one transaction. For example I want to send 1btc but only have 0.5 in two different addresses. Is this not possible now on the new blockchain.info? Used to be so simple. Not sure why they had to change everything.
I also haven't seen this feature in new wallet but you can try one option. Send bitcoin from your two address to bitcoin wallet address (there is one automatic transfer feature also but they don't calculate enough fee so transaction may get stucked for several hours). Better you send manually those bitcoin to your bitcoin wallet receiving address and than you can send it to any other address.
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 03:59:27 PM

Well i don't understand about your example and i have made it bold, i think you must make your problem more clear on the explaining. What is actually the problem in new fitures on Blockchain.info.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:20:40 AM

Well i don't understand about your example and i have made it bold, i think you must make your problem more clear on the explaining. What is actually the problem in new fitures on Blockchain.info.
He means he would send 1 bitcoin directly without send them one by one from different address like he said he has 0.5 bitcoin in two different address, as we can see in oldest version we can send them in a single click even though that amount is separated in different address.
so i think the only way you have to send it repeatedly, just send the 0.5 then send 0.5 again but it caused they charges the fee twice, right??
This is due to the address on blockchain is always changing yeah once your address receives an incoming payment, a new address will automatically be generated in order to make your transaction is hard for anyone to track your transaction.
Chomsky (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:03:32 PM

How can I possibly make it any more simple than I already did? Wish you illiterate third world sig spammers would stop trying to post on things you don't understand.

so i think the only way you have to send it repeatedly, just send the 0.5 then send 0.5 again but it caused they charges the fee twice, right??
This is due to the address on blockchain is always changing yeah once your address receives an incoming payment, a new address will automatically be generated in order to make your transaction is hard for anyone to track your transaction.

This is really annoying to me. Not sure why they changed this. Not everyone cares about people being able to track payments and sending money from two addresses to one defeats the purpose of that any way. Thanks for your help any way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: