Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP. Lite node that can write new addresses, make payments and such via command  (Read 949 times)
Shinseiten (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:00:47 PM

I want to be my bank and do simple operations via command line.
Creating addresses, making payments, checking balances, etc. Everything via command line, with an interface on a website, but without installing ALL the blockchain that's too big and I don't want to mine.

Is there a way? Someone can help me thorugh this?

I'm a webdeveloper and I want to integrate blockchain's solutions on the web, but I really don't like using other service's APIs. Thanks in advance.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 05:22:28 PM

Check out Electrum. It should be able to do everything that you want.

ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:25:51 PM

If you're going to be your own bitcoin "bank", you would want to have the blockchain downloaded, along with bitcoind possibly with your own code for wallet management, talking to bitcoind, etc.
Here is a couple of links that may be of some assistance:

There may be third party services and applications you could use with SPV or connecting to another node, but I would probably suggest having the blockchain downloaded instead.
AvY Enterprises

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 05:34:57 PM

IMHO - If you can't run bitcoin-core and keep a complete copy of the blockchain then you have no business running such an operation.
Shinseiten (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 11:02:02 AM

Thanks I'll check! Smiley

If you're going to be your own bitcoin "bank", you would want to have the blockchain downloaded, along with bitcoind possibly with your own code for wallet management, talking to bitcoind, etc.

There may be third party services and applications you could use with SPV or connecting to another node, but I would probably suggest having the blockchain downloaded instead.

IMHO - If you can't run bitcoin-core and keep a complete copy of the blockchain then you have no business running such an operation.

I don't understand. If I need the whole blockchain online avaible, what kind of server I need to buy? It weight so much and in grows so fast!
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 02:07:02 PM

Thanks I'll check! Smiley

I don't understand. If I need the whole blockchain online avaible, what kind of server I need to buy? It weight so much and in grows so fast!

Getting 500GB storage should set you for a while. It grows but not as fast as you think it does, and i dont expect for it to get up to 500GB that fast, however once it reaches, say 300GB, you probably want to upgrade storage to 1TB to be safe, but again i dont expect for the blockchain to become that big in a short amount of time. Electrum is a good option too, and you should look into it.
Shinseiten (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:26:29 AM

Getting 500GB storage should set you for a while. It grows but not as fast as you think it does, and i dont expect for it to get up to 500GB that fast, however once it reaches, say 300GB, you probably want to upgrade storage to 1TB to be safe, but again i dont expect for the blockchain to become that big in a short amount of time. Electrum is a good option too, and you should look into it.

Probably, but I just don't want to be stuck in the future on a difficult enviroment because of an unhappy choice at the start.
I'm making some research. Thank you all.

If other have some advice I'll be listening and when my research will be complete I'll write my solution here Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: