Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 06:39:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving Armory database - repeatedly unsuccessful. Keeps writing to SSD  (Read 536 times)
Isara (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:09:41 PM

I'm having a devil of a time trying to move the Armory database and Armory keeps rewriting it in my SSD at C: (Windows OS). So what am I missing? Followed the instructions as best as I could at the troubleshooting site.

Armory is installed at F:\crypt\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe

I moved the BitcoinQT install to F:\Bitcoin

Bitcoin blocks are moved to F:\Bitcoin-Data

I have an Armory shortcut on the desktop with the target changed to F:\crypt\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe –satoshi-datadir=“F:\Bitcoin-Data” –datadir=”F:\Armory\dir” –dbdir=”F:\Armory\dir\databases" (I've tried a few permutations of this string. This is the latest attempt)

Once Armory starts up and runs through checking the blocks, it starts to rebuild the database at C:\Users\Yes\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases and kills my SSD.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot where I'm going wrong here? Thanks.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6824

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 07:11:00 PM

Are those two dashes or one dash? It should be two.

Isara (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:23:16 PM

where should there be two dashes? Troubleshooting is showing me one dash in the whole string. Should it be:

F:\crypt\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe --satoshi-datadir="F:\Bitcoin-Data" --datadir="F:\Armory\dir" --dbdir="F:\Armory\dir\databases"

or more localized double dashes?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6824

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 07:25:24 PM

where should there be two dashes? Troubleshooting is showing me one dash in the whole string.
That site is a little messed up. It is also not the official site of Armory. The official site is https://btcarmory.com/

Should it be:

F:\crypt\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe --satoshi-datadir="F:\Bitcoin-Data" --datadir="F:\Armory\dir" --dbdir="F:\Armory\dir\databases"
Yes

Isara (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:54:03 PM

That seems to have solved it! Wish I'd noticed that that site wasn't the real one. They've got good SEO :/

Thanks!
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1344
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 02:46:09 PM

That seems to have solved it! Wish I'd noticed that that site wasn't the real one. They've got good SEO :/

Thanks!

The site you posted is the original site of armory, but they no longer maintain it. 
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1360

Armory Developer

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:49:03 PM

Thanks!

The site you posted is the original site of armory, but they no longer maintain it. 

I don't own that page, it belongs to ATI, the former Armory maintainer.

Isara (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:14:26 AM

thanks for the clarification, all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: