Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: did i make a mistake with BFL's  (Read 2596 times)
SerTomTheTall

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:03:54 PM

Well, since they've actually started sending Jalapenos out I suppose it's just a matter of time now.
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:59:18 PM

It's just 4-6 weeks away ....

leeiam

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:12:36 PM

Were is the info that they have started shipping units?
BR0KK

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:17:44 PM

Using search function or google .... Isn't that hard Wink

tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:19:35 PM

You can read the unofficial twitter at www.twitter.com/BFL_News  It links to the articles and happenings and you will find what you are seeking there.  BFL does not have a standard location for news updates, various individuals post blog updates or make posts.  It's unfortunate but that's how it is.  So the twitter feed helps in collecting the various info and putting it there.

As for making money, this all depends on the price of Bitcoin when you get your Jalapeno.  If it's worth $1 you're not going to make any money.  If it's worth $5,000 you will make a lot of money.  Somewhere in the middle is where it'll be and then it just depends on the difficulty and the Bitcoin value.  Don't listen to everyone so focused on the difficulty shooting up.  If the coins are worth more, mining will be worth it regardless of difficulty.  But at the same time, you could have a very low difficulty and the coins may be worth nothing.  You have to pay attention to both factors.

I also think that the estimates on how many units have been sold are greatly exaggerated.  The unofficial preorder list has a couple thousand units (Total) listed.  Even if we assume that list is 4 times smaller than reality, it's still not enough units to ruin hashing with a Jalapeno and making your money+ back.  

Of course, whether you ever get your unit is still up for debate.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
mrkubanftw

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 06:40:09 PM

I bought 3 60 GH units,

Interesting.

Do me a favor. Click here. -> https://products.butterflylabs.com/

If it's worth anything, I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you follow their hardware greyhawk?

Do me a favor and go here...

https://products.butterflylabs.com/hdmijaijwo3625sqpkc0953nxoq540md.html

All the hardware has been changed to the 'new' specs of 5/25/50/1500. He will still receive a 50Gh/s as the initial numbers were projections not actual results as well as the power consumption issue they are currently dealing with.
BR0KK

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:53:03 PM

I bought 3 60 GH units,

Interesting.

All the hardware has been changed to the 'new' specs of 5/25/50/1500. He will still receive a 50Gh/s as the initial numbers were projections not actual results as well as the power consumption issue they are currently dealing with.

Didn't he by 60GH/s? Thats 10 GH/s less then advertised..... Or 10 GH/s more depending on witch standpoint ;P ....

mrkubanftw

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:17:21 PM

I bought 3 60 GH units,

Interesting.

Didn't he by 60GH/s? Thats 10 GH/s less then advertised..... Or 10 GH/s more depending on witch standpoint ;P ....

Yes but that doesn't change the fact that it exists lol? Right on the website it says they are subject to performance deviation of 10%. Off the 60GH/s model they are allowed to be as low as 54GH/s. Hes losing out on 4GH or 6.6 coins in a month (at current difficulty). More likely less than one coin in a month once the difficulty spikes by the time he gets his hardware. But i see your point. 
patrickquinn

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:18:15 PM

I wish we had seen more demonstrations of the BFL kit. Just to let us know they aren't vapourware like.
Divinityxd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:19:08 PM

Would it be absolutely pointless to order an ASIC from BFL now?

I mean, by the time I recieve my ASIC will it even be worthwhile?

I'm new to the mining-scene, however, I've been in the 'bitcoin' scene for over a year now.. Just never had a chance to really invest until now.
Hokies83

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:20:07 PM

I ordered 2 of the 50GH/S units in Dec
mrkubanftw

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:24:48 PM

Would it be absolutely pointless to order an ASIC from BFL now?

I mean, by the time I recieve my ASIC will it even be worthwhile?

I'm new to the mining-scene, however, I've been in the 'bitcoin' scene for over a year now.. Just never had a chance to really invest until now.

I'v been in the bitCoin scene for a month haha. I placed a BFL order yesterday for 2,500$. It's a risk. It has its potential reward and its obvious risk. I think its worth the risk personally. Tongue No one can tell you what will happen because they simply don't know. Anyone who does is full of it. It's been an intensely unpredictable market so far and I don't see that changing.

Based on my assumptions (which hold no value or weight), worst case scenario i WILL see payback in 6 months time. Best case scenario? I make a shit ton of bitCoin before the market is entirely flooded with asic. People think its crazy now... wait until BFL ships.. and is a proven technology caught up with the backlogs.
WindGlider

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:26:46 PM

too low number of actual reviews, untill all customers who made orders last year are shipped, i'll consider it a scam
chowdan (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:01:16 PM

too low number of actual reviews, untill all customers who made orders last year are shipped, i'll consider it a scam

if they are shipping units its not a scam. They've shipped before, they will ship again. They have already started to ship.

As i said previously. The price increase was most likely due to them getting prepped to started shipping out batches.

With my high order number, i would suspect that i would get my unit within the year.

A single Jalapeno isn't going to make anyone rich unless your the single miner(the current asic miners on the framework already cuts a single jalapeno's profits).

5GH/s is nothing compared to what the network is producing.

I just want a unit to have low power consumption that gives me a better rate than a quad GPU setup.

mike298342

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:23:21 PM

I think they'll ship eventually, but I don't know how fast they'll crank up their production lines.  I'm thinking of ordering from them, but I probably won't get nearly the great return by the time I'd receive my unit.  In the meantime, I'm considering getting some FPGA units elsewhere at $300 USD for 380-400 megahash.
CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:29:11 PM

On Twitter they're saying orders from today, will be shipped end of July, apparently
n00bwastaken

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:30:33 PM

I think they'll ship eventually, but I don't know how fast they'll crank up their production lines.  I'm thinking of ordering from them, but I probably won't get nearly the great return by the time I'd receive my unit.  In the meantime, I'm considering getting some FPGA units elsewhere at $300 USD for 380-400 megahash.

Can you please elaborate on FPGA?
bitcoinminerz

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

I'd have to say it was mostly a mistake, sorry!  Sad
LiveBitcoinPoker

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:59:00 PM

Well, they'll probably ship sometime soon - I bet sometime this summer. You almost have to wonder if they're secretly creating a big stash of minors for themselves that they'll use before they release them to the general public.  Shocked
BR0KK

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:49:18 PM

Well, they'll probably ship sometime soon - I bet sometime this summer. You almost have to wonder if they're secretly creating a big stash of minors for themselves that they'll use before they release them to the general public.  Shocked

I wouldn't hope for miracles ...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: