Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin core safe to store all of my bitcoin?  (Read 4317 times)
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:48:20 AM

I am looking for the best wallet to safely store my bitcoin for the next lot of years (who knows how long) is bitcoin core a safe place to do this or should i look at others?
Bitcoin transactions are considered to the safest and the most confidential of all as it provides the user anonymity and peer to peer transactions and moreover its transactions does not involve any third party seizure and thus allowing nobody to see the transaction between the two so it’s like next to impossible to hack or steal the bitcoin but still there are many cases of bitcoin hacking and stealing and according to me the best way to be safe is to never share your passwords and keys to anyone and enjoy your bitcoining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qumeijia

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:02:15 AM

All wallets are secure and safe as long as you will keep your PC or other devices is clean and you keep all personal information relates to your accounts. And, you should not believe immediately while you receive an email or other inbox, you shave better ignore it. Because some bitcoin users are hacked due to these reasons. Therefore, be careful with all transactions in crypto.
ningrumxxi

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:10:54 AM

I am looking for the best wallet to safely store my bitcoin for the next lot of years (who knows how long) is bitcoin core a safe place to do this or should i look at others?
bitcoin core is very safe, so we no longer need to look for another, about storing personal data should only be in flashdisk not in any laptop or computer, because all of the potential is to enter a virus, all of our personal data store some flashdisk and we store in a separate place that we feel is the safest, maybe it can be applied to be on guard if one of our missing Flashdisk still has a reserve.
lankymanx

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 01:18:58 AM

Hello,

Do you need to keep the private keys ?

I have bitcoin core installed and i am busy downloading the entire blockchain, might take me a few weeks as i was told.
It says 5 years remaining and it says 3 weeks remaining, oh well.
Thing is, you keep wallet.dat , and thats it?
If you have to use it, you can install bitcoin core on another pc and then dump that wallet.dat file in the roaming folder on the new pc?
I thought u need to have private keys and stuff.

I am confused.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: