Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin client synch  (Read 388 times)
casperorchids (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:21:09 PM

Ok, I wanted to save my btc offline so somebody sent me a link to the bitcoinclient, so I ran it and downloaded it and it gave me my wallet, so I went to another wallet and sent them to my new offline wallet. Only thing I didn't realize I had to wait for it to synch. Now it's ok, once it synchs it'll join up, right? the transition page says not received yet.

But now the synch is taking forever, it slowed way way down 52,244 left and it started out doing like 5 blocks a second, but now is taking like 10 seconds per block, what can I do?

If I don't let this run through unstopped, will I lose my BTC? Next, how do I find my wallet on my computer? this is what is installed~~~ http://bitcoin.org/en/download

I am sitting watching my wallet, I have my wallet ### right there, I sent BTC to that wallet, I see in the transaction it says it hasn't been received yet.

I'm assuming my wallet is under downloads, can I stop the synch, download it later and finish, maybe reboot my computer because my tabs are real slow too, I shut all tabs off except this one now.

when I go to downloads I see a zip 0.8 and a coin 0.8 when I open the coin it wants me to run it again, that isn't my new wallet is it? when I hit the other, the zipped it has bitcoin 0.8.1-wins 32 and when I open that I have daemon, src, bitcoin-qt, copying, and read me. Are any of these my wallet/

is the only thing I can do is wait for the synch? what happens if I shut down the synch, will the coins go back to where it came from?

Thanks for any help, I can't talk to these guys on twitter casue the one keeps saying lucky you moved it from instawallet and the other doesn't know and I haven't the room to explain.

I had a blockchain account, but after what happened at instawallet, I decided I had to go offline, wih I had just put it at blockchain and took more time in moving it but I[posted here before as to being a complete idiot as to doing any of this stuff and I would need an actual step by step and nobody responded.

Maybe I can have some help since I have 326 bitcoins floating in cyberspace, lol Wink Actually just 1.3 but it's all I have and I have no job~~~~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: