Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:25:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover 2nd Sapphire RX-470 8G Bios  (Read 794 times)
xeridea (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 05:39:54 PM

I have been flashing bios on my Sapphire RX-470 8G cards.  4 cards worked fine (atiflash locks up computer after success...).  Zcash mining boost ~10% (claymores miner).  ON the 5th card, when I flashed it it would show as Polaris 10 (not rx-470), GPU-Z would see it, but wouldn't mine.  Tried again, same thing.  Then I reloaded original bios, back to normal.  I then edited its original bios (only change is the last memory strap).  Now it shows as standard vga device, and Atiflash fails to load.  I just flipped bios switch, and now back to mining with the stock silent bios.  I am just wondering is there any way to recover the other bios?  Looking around, you could do it on some older cards by shorting some pins on the chips, not sure if that, or some other trick is still possible?

Profitability over time charts for many GPUs - http://xeridea.us/charts

BTC:  bc1qr2xwjwfmjn43zhrlp6pn7vwdjrjnv5z0anhjhn LTC:  LXDm6sR4dkyqtEWfUbPumMnVEiUFQvxSbZ Eth:  0x44cCe2cf90C8FEE4C9e4338Ae7049913D4F6fC24
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:51:07 PM

Not sure if it work the same way on 470s but worth looking at:
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9443/bricked-your-rx-480-due-to-bad-flash
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 11:43:18 PM

After boot from working BIOS, just flip the BIOS switch and try to reflash.  Should work.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:30:29 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 01:53:54 AM by toptek

I have been flashing bios on my Sapphire RX-470 8G cards.  4 cards worked fine (atiflash locks up computer after success...).  Zcash mining boost ~10% (claymores miner).  ON the 5th card, when I flashed it it would show as Polaris 10 (not rx-470), GPU-Z would see it, but wouldn't mine.  Tried again, same thing.  Then I reloaded original bios, back to normal.  I then edited its original bios (only change is the last memory strap).  Now it shows as standard vga device, and Atiflash fails to load.  I just flipped bios switch, and now back to mining with the stock silent bios.  I am just wondering is there any way to recover the other bios?  Looking around, you could do it on some older cards by shorting some pins on the chips, not sure if that, or some other trick is still possible?

i did the same thing!!!  copy the bios from the good bios and flash is over then uninstall all profiles of any kind you even may need to do clean install on the PC . I messed up two 470 one only had one bios , and all the numbers matched from the other card with two bios i flashed it to the ref card same brand or made by the same company both were RX 470 same dates , and it worked , windows didn't see it or saw it like yours i ended up doing a clean install on the PC to wipe any junk profiles the driver cleaner didn't remove. that worked it installed and both still work great . the fact the PC see it is good . if it didn't then it may be bad or gone up . use the command line to flash it so i found out the hard way. also make sure the bios dates match even if the number match it can still flash but not work i had that happen , I used a bios dated July for the same card that has bios date of AUG bad idea sense it had two bios i was lucky.

I'm not to keen on shorting Pins it does work but more risky then doing re flashes . or uninstall all drivers , GPU-Z, afterburner anything that stores a profile reboot then try atiflash that error maybe gone. had that happen to.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: