Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:05:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My thoughts on BTC vs. LTC and experience of the past two years  (Read 655 times)
trogdorjw73 (OP)

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:45:04 PM

Having sold most of the 800 or so BTC I've mined since starting, I'm currently kicking myself for not being more bullish. Of the alternate cryptocurrencies, Litecoin seems to have a lot of potential right now, and it's actually outperforming BTC for mining by over two to one (and no ASICs to screw things up, at least not for a while). So I wrote a blog on the subject:

http://holynerdvana.blogspot.com/2013/04/bitcoin-breaks-100-litecoin-rising-as.html

Remember when it was possible to buy a shiny new Radeon 5970 and have it pay for itself in a month or two? Litecoin is currently in the same spot. Three 7970 GPUs, a moderate motherboard, CPU, RAM, SSD, etc. and you're looking at well under $2000 for something that can mine (conservatively and at present difficulty) 300LTC per month. Break even point in terms of power use would be LTC valued at $0.24, which we've easily eclipsed. Plus, even CPUs can make a profit on LTC right now!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: