Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NEM's Apostille - The only 2nd generation blockchain notarization app  (Read 5841 times)
bolivarcoin

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 02:19:17 AM

When will be added to POLO?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 02:36:38 AM

Erm… well, https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xem I guess?
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 07:16:19 AM

Apostille didn't have an ICO, but it is on the NEM blockchain which is XEM. 

The fact was, we didn't need an ICO.  We made a small community fund application for about $5000 at the time and that was enough to get Apostille built as NEM is so easy to build on. 

This talks about the community fund. https://blog.nem.io/how-or-where-to-do-i-get-xem/

And this talks about how to build an app on the open source Nano. https://forum.nem.io/t/how-to-build-a-module-for-nano-wallet/2976

Of course, when an app is built, you can have your own token to run the app.  NEM allows a person to create customizable assets and tokens; these assets are called mosaics, and actually XEM is just one of many mosaics on the NEM blockchain.  We could have done an ICO and made our own token to make Apostille work, but instead we decided to just use XEM only. 

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 08:31:21 AM

The fact was, we didn't need an ICO.  We made a small community fund application for about $5000 at the time and that was enough to get Apostille built as NEM is so easy to build on. 

This talks about the community fund. https://blog.nem.io/how-or-where-to-do-i-get-xem/

And this talks about how to build an app on the open source Nano. https://forum.nem.io/t/how-to-build-a-module-for-nano-wallet/2976

Of course, when an app is built, you can have your own token to run the app.  NEM allows a person to create customizable assets and tokens; these assets are called mosaics, and actually XEM is just one of many mosaics on the NEM blockchain.  We could have done an ICO and made our own token to make Apostille work, but instead we decided to just use XEM only. 

And this also demonstrates what anyone is capable of doing with the NEM blockchain.
Apostille is just one example, imagine the potential once more people start developing more modules Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Kale99

Activity: 320
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 01:08:43 PM

When will be a listing on exchanges?
K1lo

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 02:23:54 PM

I really like the sound of this project, however I have a question. Do you envisage it being deployed via private blockchains belonging to individual companies or a central blockchain? If the former, there's almost no mining incentivisation unless I'm missing something.

Developer, tinkerer, miner, coin holder, hopelessly amateurish trader
colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 03:23:29 PM

When will be a listing on exchanges?

Read a few posts back mate.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 03:43:39 PM

Of course, when an app is built, you can have your own token to run the app.  NEM allows a person to create customizable assets and tokens; these assets are called mosaics, and actually XEM is just one of many mosaics on the NEM blockchain.  We could have done an ICO and made our own token to make Apostille work, but instead we decided to just use XEM only.  

Smart move using the native token! No reason to dilute NEM's appeal by creating another token to do something which XEM can easily handle already. Also shows you guys aren't greedy bastards lol Grin

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 05:26:12 PM

Of course, when an app is built, you can have your own token to run the app.  NEM allows a person to create customizable assets and tokens; these assets are called mosaics, and actually XEM is just one of many mosaics on the NEM blockchain.  We could have done an ICO and made our own token to make Apostille work, but instead we decided to just use XEM only.  

Smart move using the native token! No reason to dilute NEM's appeal by creating another token to do something which XEM can easily handle already. Also shows you guys aren't greedy bastards lol Grin

This is possible because we have plenty of funds to pay developers and fund projects.

Everyone can ask for funds infact Apostille has not been developed by core NEM devs.
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 03:26:31 PM

The new infographic. 

tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 05:19:01 PM

I think a lot of the markers will not interfere with nem for serious work and confusing, I think that nem to be self-sufficient and for large quantities of ideas and plans and would not be necessary in a large dilution of the third-party tokens, though on the platform nem - quite often these markers children's mischief and the concentration to dissipate and just get in the way
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 07:43:23 PM

The new infographic. 

Nice graphic.

What is really needed now is for some company to come along and use Apostille in it's normal business practices
to give it a stamp of approval.

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:49:12 AM

The new infographic. 

Nice graphic.

What is really needed now is for some company to come along and use Apostille in it's normal business practices
to give it a stamp of approval.

Agree on both accounts! It only takes one legit party to commit.....I think factom is proof of that. Not to mention, NEM offers far more than just notary tech Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 04:30:34 AM

Agree on both accounts! It only takes one legit party to commit.....I think factom is proof of that. Not to mention, NEM offers far more than just notary tech Smiley

NEM offers more features than other blockchains and so Apostille does a lot more than any notarization program I have seen and tested and I have tested a lot. 

We are talking about how to get Apostille in front of the eyes businessmen and have some ideas, but for anybody that is interested in making a mark and starting their own business, Apostille is a potential gold mine.  It is so much further along than other notarization programs, if you can find a business/government in your area that is looking at blockchain tech for this use case, and you can manage to get a talk with a representative from that company, you can outshine and out pitch other platforms.  They will still be in "talking" stage and the talk they have isn't nearly as much and Apostille is already working and ready to be rolled out and does much more.

BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:27:32 AM

The infographic is pretty nice.

As for ways to publicize Apostille..  One option could be press releases to the typical crypto websites.  Another option is maybe use Google Search, search for results in the past year and look up companies and municipal governments who have expressed interest in notary services and send them informational emails.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:30:29 AM

NEM offers more features than other blockchains and so Apostille does a lot more than any notarization program I have seen and tested and I have tested a lot. 

We are talking about how to get Apostille in front of the eyes businessmen and have some ideas, but for anybody that is interested in making a mark and starting their own business, Apostille is a potential gold mine.  It is so much further along than other notarization programs, if you can find a business/government in your area that is looking at blockchain tech for this use case, and you can manage to get a talk with a representative from that company, you can outshine and out pitch other platforms.  They will still be in "talking" stage and the talk they have isn't nearly as much and Apostille is already working and ready to be rolled out and does much more.

The beauty with NEM is it doesnt even need "features"! It's main feature is scalability and this means that people can use their own imagination on what they want to do with NEM, and Apostille is one such example!  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:46:45 AM

Interesting project, I will try.

Thanks and good work  Grin
luis77

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:28:34 PM

Looks pretty good!!! good work!!

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:30:38 PM

This is big news, and I'm actually surprised it hasn't pushed the price of XEM further up.
Now might be a good time to pick up some coins if you are in the market for a long-term investment.

ournem

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 10:49:28 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2016, 12:06:37 PM by ournem

Hi guys, I’m happy to announce that NEM Marketing in partnership with Mijin is taking a big leap and becoming a sponsor of the Inside Fintech 2016 is Seoul! This is a major yearly conference with all the big players in Korea in attendance.

We will have a have a larger than average booth. We will also have our name and logo on stage, and a full-page add in the information pamphlet handed out to people as they come in.

Additionally, Rene will be giving a 45-minute talk on Apostille and a demonstration of it.

While everyone is “talking” about how the blockchain can do interesting things, we will be demonstrating it.

In the days ahead, we are working to get NanoWallet updated with additional Apostille functions and a new look.

We look forward to updating you with more information as it becomes available.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: