Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash Miner use mrb code  (Read 3446 times)
Oldminer2013 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:56:52 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 03:10:23 PM by Oldminer2013

opencl kernel name
mrb                               Claymore
kernel_init_ht                kt
kernel_round0               kr0
kernel_round1               kr1
kernel_round2               kr2
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/e/e1fcb5b08910fcc7b461495a70e7777d6e725f86.png

zcash_blake2b_init
mrb:
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/d/d31391cb4322780a846f37bcc12e204801088f78.jpg
claymore:
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/6/61b8e7613c2989ef356c81aec8993e6e3039cbdc.jpg

zcash_blake2b_update
mrb:
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/7/726cd836dd65080358be0bbc3c674784ad84e52b.png
claymore:
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/f/fe0019f4d3fa52b834d4e7ba91e17ed4349b2251.png

solve_equihash
mrb:
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/6/670d2ed87ccca99edb255812335e6d54f24a3477.jpg
claymore:
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/d/d856f9a8a9c4991e5be94121d00e03859123e1fe.jpg

sub_413330   zcash_blake2b_init
sub_413420   zcash_blake2b_update
sub_40AD00  solve_equihash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kyubey

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:13:00 AM

What if even so? What's wrong with using open-source? His miner is the only stable and consumes low electricity.

You better modify it to remove 2.5% devfee rather than wasting time finding which open-source has been used : D
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:16:17 AM

So the issue here is giving credit?  How would Claymore "make it right" if this is true?  His miner runs faster and more stable than anything else out there, people are going to continue using it.
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:26:15 AM

Mountain out of a mole hill.

He's publicly apologized and also offered to pay mrb a portion of developers fees.

Neither of these guys have an issue so neither should you Mr Newbie Troll......
eXtremal

Activity: 2106
Merit: 282

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 12:46:22 PM

Oldminer2013
It's only host code, but you can't see OpenCL kernel because IDA don't support GCN assembly.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:08:45 PM

the issue has been resolved, claymore pulled the miners and is going to make his own code instead, he admitted he fucked up. and btw silent army miner is actually faster its just limited to linux users only atm. if windows users had access to it they would be useing it instead.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:36:03 PM

the issue has been resolved, claymore pulled the miners and is going to make his own code instead, he admitted he fucked up. and btw silent army miner is actually faster its just limited to linux users only atm. if windows users had access to it they would be useing it instead.

not really, silentarmy only reach about 44-45 sol/s on RX470-4G, while claymore can reach 46-47 sol/s so its small difference, but silentarmy will use 100% CPU on dual core athlon/phenom while claymore only 20% of the same cpu (with 5 to 6 gpus running ubuntu 16.04)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:40:17 PM

Details here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.msg16790897#msg16790897

No need to troll -- Claymore made a mistake and is working to correct it plus he is going to compensate the original dev for the oversight.

greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:01:09 PM

I've tested 4 different miners for over a week.

Silentarmy version 3 is  faster than Claymore.  I believe nerdalpha and mrb have the fastest miners atm.  Claymore is in 3rd place.  Genoil 4th/5th.

Also for the record,  Claymore stole/copied mrb's licensed, open source code and was using it to monetize his closed source miner.  This was intentional.

I was hinting at this 2-3 days ago.  

This is unethical and represents risk factors.

Worst case scenario would be that Claymore also has malware in the miner and he starts stealing people's keys, passwords, sensitive data.

Let me ask you guys:  Do any of you personally know who Claymore is?  

I am not accusing anyone yet, but I am advising caution now.

There exists the risk of another FriedCat situation happening again.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:50:32 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.msg16793528#msg16793528

i hope mrb gets rewarded accordingly Wink
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 03:02:21 PM

I've tested 4 different miners for over a week.

Silentarmy version 3 is  faster than Claymore.  I believe nerdalpha and mrb have the fastest miners atm.  Claymore is in 3rd place.  Genoil 4th/5th.

Also for the record,  Claymore stole/copied mrb's licensed, open source code and was using it to monetize his closed source miner.  This was intentional.

I was hinting at this 2-3 days ago.  

This is unethical and represents risk factors.

Worst case scenario would be that Claymore also has malware in the miner and he starts stealing people's keys, passwords, sensitive data.

Let me ask you guys:  Do any of you personally know who Claymore is?  

I am not accusing anyone yet, but I am advising caution now.

There exists the risk of another FriedCat situation happening again.

Greaterninja, you sir said it all.

This is exactly what i've been shouting for the past days.
Especially the fact that there are alternatives which are faster, open source and completely free. Still people tend to put on their Clayglasses  Cool

The malware part, i highly doubt that, but you have some decent points there.
No one knows who he is, not that that is something we all should know, but if he would do something like that, he could just disappear and no one would ever know who he was/is or even where he is.
On the other side, if i was him, i wouldn't want anyone to know my personal name, where i live, etc.. either..

He has proven in the past that he's a decent dev, has done a lot for the community, even killed some alts, "Decred, Sia"..   Roll Eyes
Ok i'm exaggerating here but it is a fact that those coins have lost a shitload of value from the moment he integrated them in his "dual"miner.

Anyhow, i'll be honest, i have never been a big fan and now with the recent events that occurred, my personal feeling about Claymore has dropt even more.

Time for some changes in the altcoin world Wink

Oldminer2013 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:11:49 PM

Oldminer2013
It's only host code, but you can't see OpenCL kernel because IDA don't support GCN assembly.

i can't see opencl kernel,but i can see call opencl kernel name.

opencl kernel name
https://forum.z.cash/uploads/zcash/original/2X/e/e1fcb5b08910fcc7b461495a70e7777d6e725f86.png

Genoil

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:22:20 PM

Oldminer2013

opencl kernel name

I have yet to see an Equihash kernel without rounds. The Claymore disassembly also shows an extra kernel k_i, that is not in SA.

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:33:15 PM

oh no! now we got the win-realease of SA3-kernel fast gpu miner for everyone, not only for linux-miner
what a pity  Cheesy
adaseb asked for win-build instruction (see the SA-topic 09/29/2016) and nobody helped - you got what you got  Tongue
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:43:49 PM

Oldminer2013

It's easy to see the kernel in Linux.  Set AMD_OCL_BUILD_OPTIONS_APPEND=-save-temps, then run the miner.  Look at the _temp* files.
nerdralph

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:00:11 PM

He has proven in the past that he's a decent dev, has done a lot for the community, even killed some alts, "Decred, Sia"..   Roll Eyes

I think this is not the first time he's borrowed from open-source code.  When I looked at his ethereum miner, it seemed to have code from ethminer.  It also seems to have a completely proprietary kernel that is used for some GPUs.  i.e. when it starts up and detects the GPU type (Pitcairn, Hawaii, Tonga...) it chooses between at least 2 different kernels.

I agree with your assessment that he's a "decent" dev.  The best kernel dev I've seen yet is Wolf, who can write impressive code in GCN assembler.  Wolf could get a bit better on the algorithms/math side of things though.  His GCN assembler keccak implementation is sub-optimal for ethereum mining.  The standard 24-round implementation could be done with an in-place implementation which uses less resources, and therefore would be slightly faster.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:05:17 PM

oh no! now we got the win-realease of SA3-kernel fast gpu miner for everyone, not only for linux-miner
what a pity  Cheesy
adaseb asked for win-build instruction (see the SA-topic 09/29/2016) and nobody helped - you got what you got  Tongue

and that's bad because some of  us are lazy windows user and called that from time to time . we can't have it ? . and never saw were adaseb asked Sad.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
anatolikostis
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:37:22 PM

what a pity  Cheesy
adaseb asked for win-build instruction (see the SA-topic 09/29/2016) and nobody helped - you got what you got  Tongue

and that's bad because some of  us are lazy windows user and called that from time to time . we can't have it ? . and never saw were adaseb asked Sad.
I`m not lazy and can compile with the help of MinGV, but who cares
Linux only  Huh why so? ask mrb
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:02:52 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 05:24:41 PM by toptek

what a pity  Cheesy

I don't like using  Linux but will use if needed, it's not that i'm lazy like others put it I just agree it's a matter of what you like and don't like, i did test Silent army with Ubuntu 16 they did make it super easy to install  you can  monitor temps fan speed adjust it in Ubuntu 16 now it is much easy to do and there are lots of apps that do it and it is by far faster then Claymore's ZCash Miner and it is funny how Claymore's ZCash Miner came out with in mins after V3 was released or seemed that way . windows 10 made it even easy to use Ubuntu with Ubuntu on windows 10 you don't need MinGV, unless you use other version  of windows then go for it  and  it works well but is only version 14 they are looking into upgrading that to 16 and make moving around between file systems a lot better then it is now . i  saw some one in the SA post actually did it with Ubuntu on 10 .

Linux only  Huh why so? ask mrb  who knows maybe that all he uses and use to, like I am with windows  and who cares true

were getting windows soon I just hope it's not to late .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
anatolikostis
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:50:49 PM

i  saw some one in the SA post actually did it with Ubuntu on 10...
proof please  Wink
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 07:00:28 PM

what a pity  Cheesy

I assume you mean MingW  Wink

I think this is not the first time he's borrowed from open-source code.  When I looked at his ethereum miner, it seemed to have code from ethminer.  It also seems to have a completely proprietary kernel that is used for some GPUs.  i.e. when it starts up and detects the GPU type (Pitcairn, Hawaii, Tonga...) it chooses between at least 2 different kernels.
Of course, the only difference is the dual mining mode, something i've been shouting for months as well..
What made it so popular is the fact that it "seems" to perform better on Eth, but that's just an illusion, if you fine-tune global work size and local work size you'll even go faster. But i don't think i'd have to explain that to you Wink

I agree with your assessment that he's a "decent" dev.  The best kernel dev I've seen yet is Wolf, who can write impressive code in GCN assembler.  Wolf could get a bit better on the algorithms/math side of things though.  His GCN assembler keccak implementation is sub-optimal for ethereum mining.  The standard 24-round implementation could be done with an in-place implementation which uses less resources, and therefore would be slightly faster.
Can't agree more, i have never met a person like Wolf before, he's extremely gifted, most don't even know how young he is...
He has his flaws (Yeah Wolf, if you read this, you know i'm right Cheesy), but doesn't change the fact that he's one of the best devs around. By far.

Greetings!

nerdralph

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:40:49 PM

Can't agree more, i have never met a person like Wolf before, he's extremely gifted, most don't even know how young he is...
He has his flaws (Yeah Wolf, if you read this, you know i'm right Cheesy), but doesn't change the fact that he's one of the best devs around. By far.

I'll bet that he's at least in his 20's.  I was writing pretty good 6510 assembler code at 13, and remember seeing impressive code from others that were at least a couple years younger than me.
Regardless of how old he is, if anyone is going to write a zcash miner that does 100sols, my money would be on Wolf to do it first.  I'll eventually get good enough at GCN assembler to challenge him, but by then ZEC could be trading under $20...
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: