Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:05:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash Miner use mrb code  (Read 3446 times)
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 07:00:28 PM

oh no! now we got the win-realease of SA3-kernel fast gpu miner for everyone, not only for linux-miner
what a pity  Cheesy
adaseb asked for win-build instruction (see the SA-topic 09/29/2016) and nobody helped - you got what you got  Tongue

and that's bad because some of  us are lazy windows user and called that from time to time . we can't have it ? . and never saw were adaseb asked Sad.
I`m not lazy and can compile with the help of MinGV, but who cares
Linux only  Huh why so? ask mrb

I assume you mean MingW  Wink

He has proven in the past that he's a decent dev, has done a lot for the community, even killed some alts, "Decred, Sia"..   Roll Eyes
I think this is not the first time he's borrowed from open-source code.  When I looked at his ethereum miner, it seemed to have code from ethminer.  It also seems to have a completely proprietary kernel that is used for some GPUs.  i.e. when it starts up and detects the GPU type (Pitcairn, Hawaii, Tonga...) it chooses between at least 2 different kernels.
Of course, the only difference is the dual mining mode, something i've been shouting for months as well..
What made it so popular is the fact that it "seems" to perform better on Eth, but that's just an illusion, if you fine-tune global work size and local work size you'll even go faster. But i don't think i'd have to explain that to you Wink

I agree with your assessment that he's a "decent" dev.  The best kernel dev I've seen yet is Wolf, who can write impressive code in GCN assembler.  Wolf could get a bit better on the algorithms/math side of things though.  His GCN assembler keccak implementation is sub-optimal for ethereum mining.  The standard 24-round implementation could be done with an in-place implementation which uses less resources, and therefore would be slightly faster.
Can't agree more, i have never met a person like Wolf before, he's extremely gifted, most don't even know how young he is...
He has his flaws (Yeah Wolf, if you read this, you know i'm right Cheesy), but doesn't change the fact that he's one of the best devs around. By far.

Greetings!

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:40:49 PM

I agree with your assessment that he's a "decent" dev.  The best kernel dev I've seen yet is Wolf, who can write impressive code in GCN assembler.  Wolf could get a bit better on the algorithms/math side of things though.  His GCN assembler keccak implementation is sub-optimal for ethereum mining.  The standard 24-round implementation could be done with an in-place implementation which uses less resources, and therefore would be slightly faster.
Can't agree more, i have never met a person like Wolf before, he's extremely gifted, most don't even know how young he is...
He has his flaws (Yeah Wolf, if you read this, you know i'm right Cheesy), but doesn't change the fact that he's one of the best devs around. By far.

I'll bet that he's at least in his 20's.  I was writing pretty good 6510 assembler code at 13, and remember seeing impressive code from others that were at least a couple years younger than me.
Regardless of how old he is, if anyone is going to write a zcash miner that does 100sols, my money would be on Wolf to do it first.  I'll eventually get good enough at GCN assembler to challenge him, but by then ZEC could be trading under $20...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: