Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining ZEC  (Read 755 times)
64dimensions (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:09:33 PM

I think there is a lot of sloppy thinking going on in terms of what is the best ZEC mining software. So this is a clarification of the SOTA at this time IMHO.

1) If you had to go away for an extended period of time and run your miners unattended, my first choice would be silentarmy v3.

2) If you have dinosaur GPU's, HD7970's and 280's I'm looking at you, the first choice would be claymore.

3) In terms of the fastest, sols/s doesn't mean shit, its how many shares per unit time. Unless I have overlooked something, I yet to see this number reliably reported simply because it's harder to measure.

Since ZEC coders are currently getting into a pissing contest about acknowledging the original sources, I would like to thank James Clerk Maxwell for the ability to play in crypto currencies. 

“From a long view of the history of mankind, seen from, say, ten thousand years from now, there can be little doubt that the most significant event of the 19th century will be judged as Maxwell's discovery of the laws of electrodynamics. The American Civil War will pale into provincial insignificance in comparison with this important scientific event of the same decade.” (Feynmann)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:34:34 PM

Chinese made the first PC . before him  it was a that board thing with beads on it, i forget what they called it back then . most of the stuff we have these day the Chinese invented we cloned it in the western world and made most of it better . i read some place they even invented crypto currencies. to some extent . but china being china like it is now didn't let kind of stuff into the world till years after it was made or invented.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:37:20 PM

Chinese made the first PC . before him  it was a that board thing with beads on it, i forget what they called it back then . most of the stuff we have these day the Chinese invented we cloned it in the western world and made most of it better . i read some place they even invented crypto currencies. to some extent .

Sorry dude, but Ukrainian were first:

http://uacomputing.com/stories/mesm/
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:40:42 PM

your right my bad

http://blog.eteacherchinese.com/history-of-china/the-birth-of-chinas-first-computer/

d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:53:13 PM

I like to put it this way. It's similar to the same flawed thinking as ...we are doing a job or whatever as if it has some purpose. In reality the reason you're on the path you're on is only because of your past or blockchain perhaps;).  Not because some higher power has a plan for you lol.  We are just merely a blockchain of events leading up to what we see today only able to react to prior events.  Cause and effect mechanism at its finest. We have to get out of this thinking that the reason humans do what they do is because of some event that has yet to come. When in reality we do what we do because of prior events.  Nice to see discussion about this anyway

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:57:14 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 11:49:41 PM by toptek

china did invent below  , i Miss read some place about the first PC my bad . i admit it. as for that higher power thing no comment .

Printing
Paper
Gunpowder
Compass

and more

PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:12:55 PM

Chinese made the first PC . before him  it was a that board thing with beads on it, i forget what they called it back then . most of the stuff we have these day the Chinese invented we cloned it in the western world and made most of it better . i read some place they even invented crypto currencies. to some extent . but china being china like it is now didn't let kind of stuff into the world till years after it was made or invented.

I'm not sure of the first formal PC being made but the entire concept of modern computer computation stems from Alan Turing's Turing Machine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: