Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 09:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here ... nvidia cuda binary  (Read 384 times)
zefie (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:47:20 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2013, 05:59:17 PM by zefie

Hi guys. I'm fairly new to bitcoin. I found this thread about cuda for kepler on this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163750.0
I made some progress getting it to run on windows, but the forum won't let me reply because of my newb status Sad

I guess that's all I have to say :/

edit: guess I should say I'm not trying to be a dick by not releasing it in this thread, its not release ready yet. i just got it to RUN on kepler (which the previous release did not) but still only around 120mhash/s. So I'm holding out to discuss this on the dev thread.
phylogrammet

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

Awesome, I spent a few hours myself trying to get it working/compiling but ended up giving up because I couldn't reply in that thread as well ;/

Also because I saw someone mention there were unix functions in the build that windows didn't have; therefor, I assumed my time spent compiling be better served building the new computer which was in pieces on the table... time is money in the mining world.

Glad to hear you made progress!
zefie (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:42:00 PM

Awesome, I spent a few hours myself trying to get it working/compiling but ended up giving up because I couldn't reply in that thread as well ;/

Also because I saw someone mention there were unix functions in the build that windows didn't have; therefor, I assumed my time spent compiling be better served building the new computer which was in pieces on the table... time is money in the mining world.

Glad to hear you made progress!

yeah, the pthreads are a pain. i originally was aiming to just use an updated cuda module with the old client but it seems that isn't gonna work. so i'm not sure i made any progress at all now. still trying though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: