Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC Mining Confusion  (Read 1498 times)
zavtra (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 06:01:31 PM

I am new to LTC mining (and just mining in general) and I just don't know how to mine.

In the command line for my program (OS X) I receive the following error code when trying to execute the program:

w40-44013:~ compusername$ ./MINERD.sh
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libidn.11.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/bin/minerd
  Reason: image not found
./MINERD.sh: line 1: 87900 Trace/BPT trap: 5       minerd --url http://mine.pool-x.eu/ --userpass USER.NAME:PASSWORD

Obviously I have removed the real usernames and passwords, but otherwise I put them into place. What should I do?

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
phylogrammet

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:50:33 PM

AFIAK, it's fine to leave the user/pw of the "worker" there, as that's only what connects to the pool and has no transacting abilities... it actually behooves you too, as if someone were to connect; they would be helping you mine.  Either way, I admire your willingness to remove the login/pw - many don't.

Now onto your issue.

I had the same problem, have you tried installing libidn through MacPorts?

If you use homebrew, it's likely just using the wrong directory and you can modify them as seen here.

Hope this helps.
zavtra (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 01:28:55 AM

AFIAK, it's fine to leave the user/pw of the "worker" there, as that's only what connects to the pool and has no transacting abilities... it actually behooves you too, as if someone were to connect; they would be helping you mine.  Either way, I admire your willingness to remove the login/pw - many don't.

Now onto your issue.

I had the same problem, have you tried installing libidn through MacPorts?

If you use homebrew, it's likely just using the wrong directory and you can modify them as seen here.

Hope this helps.

When I try that code linked from your post, I get permission denied from the first line of code, and this message from the second line of code:

ln: /usr/local/Cellar/libidn/1.23/lib/libidn.11.dylib: No such file or directory

I'm really confused. I only just downloaded homebrew, and the Command Line Tool for xcode. I'm pretty new to this. Do I have to download ruby as well? I am pretty sure I installed libidn. Still, I get the same messages as in the OP.

www.cryptedge.com
zavtra (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:46:41 AM

I think I may be ruining my OS.

My major problem is that no matter what I do, permission is essentially denied to the /usr/local/ folder. I'll be pretty bummed if I can't mine for these petty reasons.  Tongue

www.cryptedge.com
phylogrammet

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

That's easy.

'sudo' is the keyword you start with to say "I have permission." ... you just must provide the password for the machine as well.

--

For this error
Code:
ln: /usr/local/Cellar/libidn/1.23/lib/libidn.11.dylib
you'll need to adjust the version number.

do:
Code:
ls -la /usr/local/Cellar/libidn

And it will show you what version you have.  Use the same code from before, now just, modify the version of that target.  I had like, 1.11 for example, not 1.23.
charliemaggot

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:26:06 PM

@zavtra I had this exact same issue. The problem was that I didn't have the necessary files in MacPorts. I updated ports as necessary as per http://dblamb.com/meh/compiling-cgminer-on-mac-os-x/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: