Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which currency are you mining? Lyra2, Cryptonight, Zcash, Quark  (Read 4152 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:07:51 AM

For GPUs there is nothing except ZEC and ETH.

If you find some other coin the profitability will be most likely be equal anyways.

Precisely - which is why some folks mine ETC and ZClassic, pretty much same profitability as the coins they "cloned".

The NVidia folks have that lyra2re stuff also, but amd doesn't work well on that algo.

Everything else right now that is GPU mineable is "pray it goes up on price 'cause it sure isn't anywhere near as profitable as the biggies at this time".

DASH (ex-Darkcoin) is the original X11-based coin, for which there are no less then *3* manufacturers making ASIC for (though it appears that the Baikal variations might be the only ones still in production - but it is quite a bit more efficient than the iBeos or Pinedal (sp) were anyway).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 06:38:40 AM

I am 99% Nvidia.

I used to do profit-switching multi-algo;

Then I stuck to Lyra2Rev2 because of the insane hashrate bonus compared to other cards (on the Maxwell/Pascal series)

And it seemed to die off in profitability several weeks ago.  Went from ~0.005BTC/day on 2 video cards to just ~0.0015-0.0025..  pretty big hit.   The profitability/consistency was starting to fall off like decred and LBRY did. (I mine with pools that do direct BTC exchange for payouts).

Recently;  I have been mining skein based coins....  It seems to be consistent and steady so far...

I tried mining on Nicehash with their different-named algo that reports in sol's... I think Equihash it was called or something similar?
Wasn't near as profitable as the skein coins.  Which is what im working on for now.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
SparkIt (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:40:31 AM

Any one would think Dash is wrothable to mine, a new guy here.
!
after read some artical of dash, looks like it is pretty potiental coin, and its price is not bad. Smiley

If you do not have the ASIC, it is better not to mine the Dash. It is not GPU mineable for long time. You will lose money.
Pretty much any x-series based coin and quark as well- these all have asics on em and they won't do you any good. Sticking with ETH or Zcash is the safe way to go as of yet, most other coins won't net you a penny in profit. Many other coins are also risky, and you can lose a days worth of profit in them. I like to go safe instead of risking it all.
I agree on everything except the risk taking.
I myself was mining Zdash but by computer is dead, some kind of motherboard resistor leak that fried my northbridge.

Zdash isn't as safe as Zcash etc but it's a risk worth taking in my opinion. I think the profit is about $1 per 280x right now but we're working to get listed on Bittrex, that will make the price go up!

XCI(Cannabis Industry Coin) is also a good option!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: