Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:31:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you going to vote?  (Read 1699 times)
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 09:44:06 PM

The United States Electoral College is the body that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. Citizens of the United States do not directly elect the president or the vice president; instead they choose "electors", who usually pledge to vote for particular candidates.

The above quote is from wiki as they explain it in laymen terms and clearly shows your vote doesn't mean 1 single iota of sand. Are you going to waste your time, gas, and energy to go vote like the government and media tells you to even knowing it is a waste of time?

The politics behind it are quite simple really, lead the people to believe they actually matter while they laugh in the background as they know we are only here to provide them with a more comfortable life at our expense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:58:06 PM

It's how representative government works. The electors represent the electorate. Perhaps imperfectly, but historically they've been 99.9% tied to the what the electorate told them. If we scrap the electoral college we might as well scrap congress and just go to direct balloting for every piece of legislation, for the reasoning for both is the same.

The founders of America detested direct democracy as "mob rule" and strongly denounced it. I've little doubt they'd have chosen to return to monarchy if forced to choose between the two extremes. What the system of representative government does is magnify the will of the electorate. If the electorate (as a whole) wants good leaders, it chooses the best from among itself to lead. But if it wants corrupt leaders, it chooses the most corrupt to lead them. That's how you've gotten to where you are today. And it's why de Toqueville and others warned that American government would only work if the people themselves were moral and upright. The rot in Washington merely reflects the net will of the electorate when all is said and done.

There is also a practical reason the electoral college was instituted - on more than one occasion the college has had to vote for president over many rounds of balloting. Imagine if you scrapped the electoral college and instead had to have a new election over and over and over until a winner emerged. I think they went 40 rounds or so one time. That would be insane if it had to be a general ballot of the whole of the American people that many times.

Since 1992 I've voted for candidates receiving less than 1% of the vote. Is my vote worthless? Every time I cast it I'm sending a message about what my real preferences are. I think the people who are really wasting their votes are the ones who "vote" by staying home, or who vote by compromising their conscience and picking "the lesser of two evils" because they think only a republicrat can win. Thus perpetuating the uniparty system and telling the political class that they have your support no matter how corrupt they become.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
LGH_Vert

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:15:15 PM

I'm too young to vote, but if I qualified, I definitely would. Every bit counts, right?
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 10:22:20 PM

It's how representative government works. The electors represent the electorate. Perhaps imperfectly, but historically they've been 99.9% tied to the what the electorate told them. If we scrap the electoral college we might as well scrap congress and just go to direct balloting for every piece of legislation, for the reasoning for both is the same.

The founders of America detested direct democracy as "mob rule" and strongly denounced it. I've little doubt they'd have chosen to return to monarchy if forced to choose between the two extremes. What the system of representative government does is magnify the will of the electorate. If the electorate (as a whole) wants good leaders, it chooses the best from among itself to lead. But if it wants corrupt leaders, it chooses the most corrupt to lead them. That's how you've gotten to where you are today. And it's why de Toqueville and others warned that American government would only work if the people themselves were moral and upright. The rot in Washington merely reflects the net will of the electorate when all is said and done.

There is also a practical reason the electoral college was instituted - on more than one occasion the college has had to vote for president over many rounds of balloting. Imagine if you scrapped the electoral college and instead had to have a new election over and over and over until a winner emerged. I think they went 40 rounds or so one time. That would be insane if it had to be a general ballot of the whole of the American people that many times.

Since 1992 I've voted for candidates receiving less than 1% of the vote. Is my vote worthless? Every time I cast it I'm sending a message about what my real preferences are. I think the people who are really wasting their votes are the ones who "vote" by staying home, or who vote by compromising their conscience and picking "the lesser of two evils" because they think only a republicrat can win. Thus perpetuating the uniparty system and telling the political class that they have your support no matter how corrupt they become.

The Electoral College performs a vital role yes. I just think it should be different.

Let the American citizens vote for who they want and if there is a dispute then the Electoral College should come in and settle the differences.

The current system leaves the American public out of the picture completely, not even one vote matters. Everyone could vote for Hillary for example but if Congress and the Electoral College want Trump in guess who's getting in?

I'm not saying votes don't mean anything at all, just that they don't mean anything in regards to our president or what they are designed for.

This isn't a case of mob rule in regards to citizens voting, its a case of mob rule based off of only a few select the most important part of our life while we cannot do anything.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:36:51 PM

Now more than ever before, the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption. If it be intelligent, brave and pure, it is because the people demand these high qualities to represent them in the national legislature…. If the next centennial does not find us a great nation … it will be because those who represent the enterprise, the culture, and the morality of the nation do not aid in controlling the political forces.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
dirokkl

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:35:06 PM

And I already voted for Hillary. Hope she wins and maybe she will show Russia that the Americans are a strong nation and we can defend their interests.
Leprikon

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:13:33 PM

And I'm not going to vote. I don't like neither Trump nor Hillary. This time all have no worthy candidates. It is a pity that I will have 4 years to live with the unloved President.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 01:22:26 PM

And I'm not going to vote. I don't like neither Trump nor Hillary. This time all have no worthy candidates. It is a pity that I will have 4 years to live with the unloved President.

They usually come in sets, could have 8 years of an incompetent president.
Aikonio

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 02:56:32 PM

I don't think Hillary is a second term. Only if she can turn the tide in their favor. I hope that it will make America stronger.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 03:14:34 PM

I don't think Hillary is a second term. Only if she can turn the tide in their favor. I hope that it will make America stronger.

Only time will tell I guess, Obama had a very poor approval rating during his first term but he was put back into office by the powers that be for a second term.
usefrees

Activity: 218

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 03:28:44 PM

Yes. But not for the fact that I believe that my voice is important, but just want to walk
beafheart

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:12:19 PM

Only time will tell I guess, Obama had a very poor approval rating during his first term but he was put back into office by the powers that be for a second term.
If Hillary Clinton choose for a second term, it would mean that she coped with the task and won the hearts of Americans. So she knowingly chose.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 12:03:21 AM

If Hillary Clinton choose for a second term, it would mean that she coped with the task and won the hearts of Americans. So she knowingly chose.

Not necessarily. Look at Obama, hes put our country into massive debt and has always had a low approval rating from the citizens but was still put back in office by the electoral college.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:37:10 AM

Not necessarily. Look at Obama, hes put our country into massive debt and has always had a low approval rating from the citizens but was still put back in office by the electoral college.

Did obama loss the voting for his 2nd term?

Also wasnt a great part of the new obama debt just interest from huge old debt?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 12:40:52 AM

Votes received do not matter as stated in the first post.

For the second question, no. Obama doubled the national debt entirely, would be one hell of an interest rate at that point. Keep in mind this is debt accumulated by all of the previous presidents.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:48:27 AM

For the second question, no. Obama doubled the national debt entirely, would be one hell of an interest rate at that point. Keep in mind this is debt accumulated by all of the previous presidents.

So how often in US history did the electoral college elect someone else?
Im in doubt that you understand what a representative democracy is.

About the obama debt - can you refute this please:

https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-under-obama-3306293

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 01:36:41 AM

The specifics of what money went where isn't entirely relevant when you get down to it, the POTUS is the head of the government which means all things fall back to him while under his leadership even though Congress is actually the one that is the most responsible for the debt. Congress doesn't get the blame though as the president has to approve of it.

The article you posted alleviated 10% of his debt sure, but the remaining 90% debt acquired under his leadership still falls back to him regardless of who caused it. Sadly that is just a side effect of being a government patsy.

In the history of the US a different president has been chosen against the People's wishes 4 times, 10% of the time which is a really high percentage for something that was deemed very important by the founders.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 02:50:26 AM

The specifics of what money went where isn't entirely relevant when you get down to it, the POTUS is the head of the government which means all things fall back to him while under his leadership even though Congress is actually the one that is the most responsible for the debt. Congress doesn't get the blame though as the president has to approve of it.

The article you posted alleviated 10% of his debt sure, but the remaining 90% debt acquired under his leadership still falls back to him regardless of who caused it. Sadly that is just a side effect of being a government patsy.

In the history of the US a different president has been chosen against the People's wishes 4 times, 10% of the time which is a really high percentage for something that was deemed very important by the founders.

@debt

I think we can agree that obama is not alone at fault here

@electoral college

I googled about it and found out that until now no faithless elector(s) could change the final outcome of an election. Additionaly it is penalized in most states.

I think this gives some good infos:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Or can you point me to the cases you mean?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 04:20:02 AM

@debt

I think we can agree that obama is not alone at fault here

@electoral college

I googled about it and found out that until now no faithless elector(s) could change the final outcome of an election. Additionaly it is penalized in most states.

I think this gives some good infos:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Or can you point me to the cases you mean?

The president isn't the only one at fault no, congress has a part, citizens have a part, and foreign nations have a part.

The way this process is supposed to work is the people of the state vote for who they want, the elector is then supposed to back their vote by voting that way in the election.

The political games they play in the background is the problem. If their state wants Hillary then they must vote Hillary. The game they play with 'oh maybe I will just ignore what they want and do what I want instead' should definitely be a crime punishable with prison. After all, tampering with federal elections is a crime.

The link you posted mentioned that 29 states have some sort of law against doing this, but that leaves 21 other states to freely swing their vote how they see fit. This can make a huge difference in who gets elected or not.

As history has shown this is usually how it works, the people vote and they follow their lead as is their entire sole purpose of being the elector. But history also shows that this doesn't work all the time.
Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 04:27:10 PM

I have not believe that my vote means something. Therefore, I do not go to the polls and vote. And in the future I will not go
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: