Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why is it so hard to buy bitcoin  (Read 30153 times)
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 08:13:58 AM

I have not really bought any bitcoin in a while, i have been mostly trading this last year.  but i have been trying to buy today from localbitcoins and bittylicious and it has been a real challenge.  they want photos of me holding cards on localbitcoins and on bitty they need about 4 different forms of id, what is going on. 

this is seriously restrictive to anyone wanting to get into bitcoin,  like its meant to be pseudonymous but if the gate ways into bitcoin dont allow that people will be put off.    Huh

For what I can say about your concerns, is the site that you are trying to buy bitcoin is very strict to their rules for every new client that want to try their services. Though its for the security of their customers. Why not try poloniex, or bittrex, there not that very strict as localbitcoins and bittylicious, although they required 1 forms of ID only.
can one buy bitcoin from poloniex I thought their are trading platform? Those rules put in place are good as it will restrict bitcoin not to fell into the hands of evil men like terrorists and other evil organization. If the op has those documents it is better he send as a support for bitcoin. I will also advice  wise investors to store more bitcoin now as it will increase in values immediately any country legalized it.

i think people buy bitcoin from many source that we know like localbitcoin, coinbase and else and then they send their bitcoin into market exchange like poloniex and after that they can doing trading. i think it is not hard to buy bitcoin as long as we have a good source and trusty to buy bitcoin and if we don't have one, then we need to search the best for us. mostly i bought bitcoin with my own friend so i don't need to worried about bad thing that could happen because i really trust my friend.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:41:24 PM

Same as in my country. they require to verify my identity before buy bitcoin.

It is so that they can verify that you're not using some fake IDs or someone else's identity when you're buying bitcoins. It's for the safety of the exchanger itself. They won't just allow someone to buy from them and then walk away like nothing happened. They need some basic information of you. Verifying your identity isn't that hard as long as you're at the right age. You're going to be needing those IDs for other stuff anyway like opening your own bank account, etc.

There's no problem verifying your identity unless you're hiding something or you're a wanted man.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:11:28 PM

Im surprised some people still have problem to buy bitcoin, i can buy it anytime with local sellers and well exchanges does make it an easy thing for all, even with several rules and restrictions i dont see this being a really problem, since we do have several options to buy bitcoin or others altcoins.(bitcointalk does allow to sell and buy any currencie, just use escrow and you will be fine)
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wolf

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:15:30 PM

I don't know why people think it is so hard to buy Bitcoin, even without verification. There is nothing difficult, i belive those who say it's hard are people under 18 ?
You can buy bitcoin with bank account, debt card, paypal and some others payment processors, gift cards, cash and so on. I am sure there are places you can send a cheque to buy some BTC. Really if you don't own a bank account, debt card, paypal, ect i don't know how you deal in real life. What do you want more ? Pay with stones maybe.
As for a verification, some don't ask for, so it should not be a problem. Also about people looking to buy bitcoin with debt card without verification forgot their name is on the card itself  Roll Eyes It doesn't hurt to send a verification, of course to a trusted and legit site

In short the whole problem here is they don't want to give their personal information for various reasons like

1). They're a minor - Most exchanges only allows users 18+
2). Have a plan to do shady or illegal things - Nobody wants to tracked
3). Hardcore bitcoin enthusiast saying that we shouldn't support services that denies the  concept of bitcoin

It's not hard to buy without getting verified as you can trade peer to peer in some platforms or even here  Grin And it won't hurt to get your account verified from a highly reputable site .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:27:04 PM

This was at first for me also very hard to join the "bitcoin club".

It is so hard because not many places accept it, so people must make their own banks.

But i think when bitcoin will more and more "mainstream" people will be interesting for bitcoin, then it will be easier to buy.
SvenBomvolen

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:41:31 PM

Buying bitcoins isnt hard for everyone, ATM's are in almost every big city, I watched few videos on YouTube how easy is to use ATM. Also btc/usd/eur exchangers are much more connected with visa and master cards, so anyone with card can by bitcoins online.
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:07:40 PM

Bitcoin is currently in early phases of circulation where exchanges hold just enough to cover needs of demand.

If you think of price increases and fraud because of anonymity over the point it's risky to sell with consumer concern at mind.

Take a few years in time and you definitely will see more, but for right now it has to be used enough for the growth to pick into most users. There are so many new users with penniless balances which means further development will be needed just like faucets to push more into a variety of holders.

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:13:41 PM

Im surprised some people still have problem to buy bitcoin, i can buy it anytime with local sellers and well exchanges does make it an easy thing for all, even with several rules and restrictions i dont see this being a really problem, since we do have several options to buy bitcoin or others altcoins.(bitcointalk does allow to sell and buy any currencie, just use escrow and you will be fine)
I have met this problem about buying bitcoin recently. I am abroad and couldn't use my card here so decided to buy bitcoins and then transfer it to a local payment card, but this operation hadn't success. I would like to try some other exchanger, but have no idea which one, can anybody recommend me one?
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:18:23 PM

I'm quite sure in the 19th century it was as difficult to buy foreign currency and people managed somehow. In time you could exchange money on every street and in every train station.
Now you can buy bitcoin in the internet without leaving your home and you still say it's hard. Evolution takes time we just have to be patient.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
whizter

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:55:27 PM

yes in previous time it will really a problem to buy bitcoin, as there were little source of buying bitcoin, but now as time passed it has become so easy the local bitcoin exchanges are present everywhere which make it more easy for every one to buy bitcoin easily. i think it becoming more easier may be in future it will also become possible from banks.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:26:12 AM

I have not really bought any bitcoin in a while, i have been mostly trading this last year.  but i have been trying to buy today from localbitcoins and bittylicious and it has been a real challenge.  they want photos of me holding cards on localbitcoins and on bitty they need about 4 different forms of id, what is going on.  

this is seriously restrictive to anyone wanting to get into bitcoin,  like its meant to be pseudonymous but if the gate ways into bitcoin dont allow that people will be put off.    Huh
it was only natural that the great sites do that and also to your comfortable in buying and paying bitcoin. if you don't like this way you can buy bitcoin to another exchangers or to an individual (this risky)

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:08:44 AM

There are a few reasons as why it is so tough to get :
First of all 95% of the bitcoin wallet don't allow us to purchase bitcoin directly from them. Only few countries like us , uk I guess and a few more are allowed to do so.
Second 15-20% of the people who wants say that they can only pay through PayPal and out of 20% , 5% of them are idiots who open dispute after receiving there bitcoins that is another reason why the rest 15% can't buy.
Third would be many of the exchanges who allow it's users to purchase bitcoin from credit card require id, passport or some other verification which many people don't want to give.
So I guess these may be the things why it is so hard to buy bitcoins.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:02:14 PM

Bitcoin is not hard to buy. The only thing is that if you dont know sites to buy your bitcoin and doesnt know how to do it then that will be difficult for you. Next is your locations since there are areas wherein its really hard to get bitcoins. But do not get tired of searching for sites in the internet and possibly you will meet the escrow sites that will fit to you taste.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 02:18:30 PM

It is not too hard to buy bitcoin in my place. Although the exchange I am buying it from requires some details about me, that is not a big concern for me. I think the problem is more of my lack of funds for buying a huge amount.

Its good that you can buy bitcoins but generally for most people its not that easy.Most of the exchanges requires verification before they issue Bitcoins. In my country i have only one Website which gives me bitcoins but for that i first have to deposit money in my local bank and then transfer it to their account and they issue me coins and also detects fee.
This way, at least you have one sure shot way to buy bitcoins. But we do not have any such services and to buy bitcoins all the times I need to find a local seller through some services and then need to meet them in person if I want to buy using fiats. Buying bitcoins instantly using fiats still a dream for me.
Yep. Seems like I'm one of those 'lucky' ones who's got it easy when buying coins.  Grin

But, I remember a couple years back, whenever I wanted to buy some coins I'd first have to make an 'order' online, get the details, and then go to the bank and be prepared to wait in line for an hour or sometimes even two.  Sad
And, when the line takes over an hour, I'd have to ask a favor from the one behind me to, 'hold' my place since I gotta go outside the bank and renew my 'order' on the phone)(since phones aren't allowed inside banks). Take the new details, fill out another form, and then get back on the line. *sigh

Good thing my local exchange takes customer convenience seriously since they were able to make out some deals with 7-11 and other local payment processors. No more lining up for me.  Grin Grin

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:34:32 PM

Bitcoin is not hard to buy. The only thing is that if you dont know sites to buy your bitcoin and doesnt know how to do it then that will be difficult for you. Next is your locations since there are areas wherein its really hard to get bitcoins. But do not get tired of searching for sites in the internet and possibly you will meet the escrow sites that will fit to you taste.

Yep! I agree. Bitcoin is one of the most easy online currency to buy. All you need to find right place to grab it. If someone is new to Bitcoin and wanna have it then first place one should go is local registered companies. For example- In my country, India there are mainly 4 registered companies namely Unocoin, Zebpay, Coinsecure and BtcxIndia. Buying for such companies is easiest way since they accept direct bank transfers. If there is no such companies in one's country then he/she go for online exchangers where he/she can buy Bitcoin directly with Payment processors. If that is also not possible then he/she should go for exchange platforms where one can enter into deal with other person and exchange currencies. One such platform is also present on BitcoinTalk.
zikel

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Yep! I agree. Bitcoin is one of the most easy online currency to buy. All you need to find right place to grab it. If someone is new to Bitcoin and wanna have it then first place one should go is local registered companies. For example- In my country, India there are mainly 4 registered companies namely Unocoin, Zebpay, Coinsecure and BtcxIndia. Buying for such companies is easiest way since they accept direct bank transfers. If there is no such companies in one's country then he/she go for online exchangers where he/she can buy Bitcoin directly with Payment processors. If that is also not possible then he/she should go for exchange platforms where one can enter into deal with other person and exchange currencies. One such platform is also present on BitcoinTalk.

Yes I agree. In fact, buy Bitcoin is very simple. It is becoming popular, so now there are many services that make it easy to buy cryptocurrency.
dream4

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:39:39 PM

Its hard at first because you don't know the sources Smiley.
But after a while using google search you will know the places.
Mario274

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:08:35 PM

not only by the search engine, but thanks to this forum. Here you can find all the answers. Experienced people will give the right advice.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:39:00 PM

not only by the search engine, but thanks to this forum. Here you can find all the answers. Experienced people will give the right advice.

Exactly if you spend enough time on this forum regularly then you will get all your answers related to bitcoins, just start a topic and you can expect genuine responses from the users of bitcoins and buying bitcoins may be hard only if particular country doesn't supports bitcoins and I have seen on localbitcoins that there are buyers and sellers from almost all countries so I don't think its that hard to buy bitcoins nowadays.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 11:44:14 PM

Buying bitcoin is easy,finding the right seller and getting good price is hard.There are several exchange that sell bitcoin and it is not difficult to find which one are reliable but there is a difference in bitcoin price on every exchange and that is hard to keep track of prices at all exchanges
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: