Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why is it so hard to buy bitcoin  (Read 30153 times)
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:41:26 AM

I think it would depend on which country are you buying those coins. Some countries are already regulated and some are not and those companies selling those coins in regulated countries would be more strict in selling those cause of the guidelines they would follow in their transactions so as not to violate the rules of the government that's why it is hard to buy and you need to provide IDs and other documents as proof of being legit. They are also taking some actions to reduce the risks of fraud. In some countries, you just need to create an account and then you can buy bitcoin directly without the need of those documents cause they are not strict and not regulated yet.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anfisman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:50:23 AM

I have not really bought any bitcoin in a while, i have been mostly trading this last year.  but i have been trying to buy today from localbitcoins and bittylicious and it has been a real challenge.  they want photos of me holding cards on localbitcoins and on bitty they need about 4 different forms of id, what is going on. 

this is seriously restrictive to anyone wanting to get into bitcoin,  like its meant to be pseudonymous but if the gate ways into bitcoin dont allow that people will be put off.    Huh
Actually it depends in the country you belong.in my country its easy to buy btc right now and too many ways to buy you canalso buy direct to your bank using our online wallet.

It happens in my country too, in my country arguably quite easy to buy bitcoin and do not need many terms. Perhaps each country has different regulation for purchase the bitcoin. I think now is a good time to buy bitcoin because bitcoin prices are decreasing.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:51:15 AM

I think it would depend on which country are you buying those coins. Some countries are already regulated and some are not and those companies selling those coins in regulated countries would be more strict in selling those cause of the guidelines they would follow in their transactions so as not to violate the rules of the government that's why it is hard to buy and you need to provide IDs and other documents as proof of being legit. They are also taking some actions to reduce the risks of fraud. In some countries, you just need to create an account and then you can buy bitcoin directly without the need of those documents cause they are not strict and not regulated yet.

Luckily my country quite easy to purchase bitcoin via ex changer although my government still not legalize bitcoin yet but our people able use bitcoin but with their own risk so if something bad happen on bitcoin user, our government will not intend to interfere
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

For me it ain't that hard to buy bitcoin now if I want to, just use a web wallet that allows you to buy bitcoin directly from them where you can pay them conveniently at a payment method of your choice. For that, I recommend coins.ph if you are in Philippines it is very convenient since you can pay it via 7 eleven stores nationwide. You can also pay them via bank which makes it very convenient.
Yes, but I think it might be because of the limited number of bitcoin also then be very expensive and difficult to get. and if you want to have your bitcoin then you can work together with your friends or make a purchase transaction to a seller bitcoin (store). the seller of the bitcoin very much so you can choose which pick-perfect for you. In addition, you also have to have a balance in your wallet because it will be needed.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:57:25 PM

Luckily my country quite easy to purchase bitcoin via ex changer although my government still not legalize bitcoin yet but our people able use bitcoin but with their own risk so if something bad happen on bitcoin user, our government will not intend to interfere
i think most local exchanger will require you to show the id as they are still under government/financial department surveillance. as an exception you can do buy bitcoin through people around you then you won't face a big deal when you don't want to reveal your id.

just don't buy it through darkweb if you don't know what are you doing there, it is full of risk.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:03:58 PM

I don't think that buying bitcoin is hard because bitcoin is not that rare on its supply and we can still buy some bitcoins in the market and as long as there is an exchange like coinbase then there wouldn't be a problem in buying bitcoin because we only need to create an account in that wallet and buy bitcoin directly without a problem.
The point of the others is the price, why it is hard to decide to buy a bitcoin even the price is high. The problem is the capital, since bitcoin become popular it's price become high so others need a huge capital to buy a bitcoin.

Your right that it will buy in some exchanger. First of all you can't buy a bitcoin if you have no local currency or dollar and how you make it? Some user put a local currency in their own wallet then buy the bitcoin. It is also a problem because some user like in the province has no chance to buy in store like 7/11.

Ya I think Price place a major role in buying the bitcoin. If you are going to brought the bitcoin means you have to some fees for the Miners.For example, if you spend the dollar to brought 0.1 bitcoin means,you only get 0.08 at your wallet. I.e the cost for the transaction of dollars or any currency to Bitcoin.
No doubt the price of bitcoins gives Goosebumps at first sight but that times are changing now if you know what I mean. The bitcoins and all other crypto currencies are going through dip now and that gives some relaxation in buying them so now is the right time to invest.
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:14:20 PM

It isn't so hard, make sure to find a deal here in service selection with someone willing to trade bitcoins for PayPal, add money on your PayPal account, buy the bitcoins to the member with escrow of course. I've never done so since I didn't need to, but it seems that there is quite a bunch of people doing it.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:25:57 PM

I don't think that buying bitcoin is hard because bitcoin is not that rare on its supply and we can still buy some bitcoins in the market and as long as there is an exchange like coinbase then there wouldn't be a problem in buying bitcoin because we only need to create an account in that wallet and buy bitcoin directly without a problem.
The point of the others is the price, why it is hard to decide to buy a bitcoin even the price is high. The problem is the capital, since bitcoin become popular it's price become high so others need a huge capital to buy a bitcoin.

Your right that it will buy in some exchanger. First of all you can't buy a bitcoin if you have no local currency or dollar and how you make it? Some user put a local currency in their own wallet then buy the bitcoin. It is also a problem because some user like in the province has no chance to buy in store like 7/11.

Ya I think Price place a major role in buying the bitcoin. If you are going to brought the bitcoin means you have to some fees for the Miners.For example, if you spend the dollar to brought 0.1 bitcoin means,you only get 0.08 at your wallet. I.e the cost for the transaction of dollars or any currency to Bitcoin.
No doubt the price of bitcoins gives Goosebumps at first sight but that times are changing now if you know what I mean. The bitcoins and all other crypto currencies are going through dip now and that gives some relaxation in buying them so now is the right time to invest.
Buying on dip prices is really the golden opportunity for us to buy cheaper coins since we do know that prices would really recover up later on.Bitcoin doesnt really stop on giving us surprises when reaching out new heights on a certain matter of time.For op, buying bitcoin would really be hard if you dont comply on exchangers terms,but you can actually buy without compromising documents, just buy exactly enough into your daily limit for an unverified account.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:28:38 PM

If that is his case then he can just use the internet. The problem here would be the payment system that is available. Many of them are restricting countries which gives a lot of trouble. Paypal dont accept this kind of trade so that is crossed out.
I guess localbitcoin will be the answer to this just like how I did it.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:16:47 PM

It isn't so hard, make sure to find a deal here in service selection with someone willing to trade bitcoins for PayPal, add money on your PayPal account, buy the bitcoins to the member with escrow of course. I've never done so since I didn't need to, but it seems that there is quite a bunch of people doing it.

I would never recommend purchasing/selling Bitcoin for PayPal. There are a lot of scammers around here and they will try to reverse the payment after 10, 20 or even 40 days. There are a lot of other easier options, such as Skrill, Bank Transfer and SWIFT transfer. But I would say that Paypal and Bitcoin makes a very dangerous combination.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:29:05 PM

I would never recommend purchasing/selling Bitcoin for PayPal. There are a lot of scammers around here and they will try to reverse the payment after 10, 20 or even 40 days. There are a lot of other easier options, such as Skrill, Bank Transfer and SWIFT transfer. But I would say that Paypal and Bitcoin makes a very dangerous combination.
There are convenient store like 7-eleven that accepts btc. Well it depends in which country you are, find some apps that allows you to buy btc. There might be available un your country like in our country.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:34:13 PM

well it is not that hard to buy bitcoin there are some sellers here that are selling bitcoins and converted it into cash,. there are people also that are selling and just put some fee's there so they are not deficit in the end.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

I think it is only hard to buy bitcoin if you don't have the capital to buy bitcoin itself. If you are just relying on the profits you get from trading then its going to be a long ride especially the current status and price of bitcoin which is constantly moving up and down. There are already a lot of ways to buy bitcoin now depending on which country you are from.
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:52:44 PM

in many country are very easy buying btc
i make transfer bancar AND I GOT btc in 24 hour some time for withdraw

soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

i dont think it is hard to buy bitcoin unless you are broke and has no money to buy it. lmao.. you should work if you want to gain bitcoin.
Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:05:49 PM

I think it is because you can buy huge amounts of bitcoins that are non-reversible. There are many bad guys out there. Someone could simply use a stolen credit card and buy large amounts of bitcoins. Once the coins are sent to the scummer, there is no way back. That's why sites want to verify you. Paypal isn't much widely accepted when buying coins too. Paypal is in the buyer's favor, and you can easily get your money back using paypals system, but the seller won't ever receive his btc back.

who cares
albertvert

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:18:26 PM

I think it is because you can buy huge amounts of bitcoins that are non-reversible. There are many bad guys out there. Someone could simply use a stolen credit card and buy large amounts of bitcoins. Once the coins are sent to the scummer, there is no way back. That's why sites want to verify you. Paypal isn't much widely accepted when buying coins too. Paypal is in the buyer's favor, and you can easily get your money back using paypals system, but the seller won't ever receive his btc back.

Nice to hear a additional information about bitcoin buying.It's nothing hard to buy a bitcoin now.Their are lot of website which gives you additional bitcoin for your money. If you brought a Bitcoin with high amount of money means, the transaction fee for the bitcoin is also low.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:20:33 PM

Looks like this is old topic but would love to give suggestion about localBitcoin. This site surely is now very old and you don't need to upload any photos of you holding your cards, (lols) as the process of submitting your government verification documents has become very easy now a days. Anyway moving forward from localBitcoin now there are many ways to buy our bitcoins with simple clicks and even no verification. The exchangers are getting advancement in payment system and you can buy with your cards easily. So I don't think that this is major problem now a days.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:25:22 PM

The "hard" part is dealing with fiat currency.
Here is how to buy bitcoin.

1. Set up an account at a licensed exchange in your own country. Never trust an unlicensed business! Use your real identity. If you try lying about your identity you are going to get your account locked and you may be unable to recover your bitcoin. Exchanges MUST follow AML and KYC laws. They will turn over your info to the IRS, They will not help you if you lie. That's just business.   

2. Fund your account from a bank account. You can use a credit card or PayPal, but it will cost more and involve more entities. Since this involves fiat money it will take days to clear in the mail. Bitcoin is fast, fiat is slow.
Once it does clear you will have dollars/Euros/whatever in your account that can be used to buy bitcoin. At that point you can buy in a variety of ways. You can place a low bid and hope someone comes down to your price or just buy at current market price. Note that you are now also set up to sell coins.

3. Move the coins you buy immediately.  You will want to have a wallet synced on a secure computer. As soon as a trade is confirmed You should send the newly bought coins to your wallet. Until you have your coins in a wallet that you have sole possession of the private key, you do not have bitcoin. It is possible for the exchange to go out of business or be crooks. Get that money under your keys ASAP! Same is true selling coins. After a sale for fiat do a bank deposit into your bank account.

4. Record everything. Keep careful records of how much you paid for your coins. When you sell or spend them you will owe taxes on any gain you see. In the U.S. typically you will owe 0% - 15% of the profit you made, depending on your tax bracket.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:25:38 PM

Looks like this is old topic but would love to give suggestion about localBitcoin. This site surely is now very old and you don't need to upload any photos of you holding your cards, (lols) as the process of submitting your government verification documents has become very easy now a days. Anyway moving forward from localBitcoin now there are many ways to buy our bitcoins with simple clicks and even no verification. The exchangers are getting advancement in payment system and you can buy with your cards easily. So I don't think that this is major problem now a days.

I also have used localBitcoin for a while, but still at the moment most of the exchangeres are asking verification. Still it doesnt take a lot of time to upload your ID and take a photo  Smiley approx 15min

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: