Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions! :S  (Read 618 times)
mon94key (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:10:27 PM

Im totaly new to this and want to try it out and im trying to use the fourms but its to complex for me! Sad

if anyone could give me a few pointers it be awsome!

1) do you only get paid/get a coin when you genrate a full coin?
2) is it good for your gpu to run at high for long times?
3) is it economical to use electricty to make a coin or is a small profit/loss?
4) when you get a coin how do you go about using/selling it?
5) can you use 2 pc's with the same login to get a coin faster?
6) is 254.5mhps avrage/good speed?

Thank you if someone could even awanser 1 of these! Smiley
jaimiguez

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:40:57 PM

omfg i had answered all the points and then i refreshed the pages or did something wierd and lost it all!

aniway ill rewrite it
jaimiguez

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:58:49 AM

Right:

1. Blocks are hidden and when found they give a 25 btc reward currently (these quantity halfves every 4 years i think). Normally people pool in mines which are a team co-operates to look for this blocks and then share the rewards between them according to how much hasing power they have put into the search of this block. If you solo mine and you are lucky enough to find the block you will have the full reward but this is very unlikely since you will be competing against pools with massive hashing power. Generally solo mining is considered to be useless.

2. Well its not going to be good ofc. If you are planing on mining on a laptop forget about it, they are not prepared to dissipate so much heat, unless its a gaming ready pc like an alienware or something you might have a chance but.. Aniway adding some extra ventilation is always a good thing to do, as wel as monitoring the equipment's temperatures.

3. Depends of your electricity costs and your mining hardware, you should calculate how much it costs you to mine. There are various calculator in the internet that will tell you how much you will mine at current dificulty according to your hashing power.

4. You can buy/sell them from people taking the risk or do it through an exchange which will act as an intermediate in the transaction for a fee.
See mt gox, btc-e amongst others.

5. Well I have never mined but i am quite shure you can.

6. At that hash rate currently you would mine 0.02 bitcoins per 24h, thats $2.51. You will know if its worth it for you, if not you could try mining other alternate cryptocurrencies such as Litecoins which will probably give you a better reward. Also take into consideration that difficulty rises everytime and if BFL starts deliverying its ASICS there will be a huge rise in it that will probably leave all GPU miners out of play.

Tw1ser

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:29:43 AM

For number 5 when you register an account on any of the pool's websites you get to make what's called "Workers" which is easier to sound as 1 Worker = 1 PC

When you create each worker you will have something like this for 1st one  username: mon94key.1 password: 12345   and for 2nd computer you will have mon94ket.2 password: 12345

So for your actuall account "mon94key" you will have each worker numbered. I hope I did not confuse you even harder
wzl

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:24:44 AM

2. No.  You'll decrease the useful life of your GPU if you have it mining 24/7.  Adequate cooling will mitigate this risk.

This is about CPUs and overclocking, but you may find it illuminating nevertheless:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2468/6
mon94key (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:43:22 AM

Right:

1. Blocks are hidden and when found they give a 25 btc reward currently (these quantity halfves every 4 years i think). Normally people pool in mines which are a team co-operates to look for this blocks and then share the rewards between them according to how much hasing power they have put into the search of this block. If you solo mine and you are lucky enough to find the block you will have the full reward but this is very unlikely since you will be competing against pools with massive hashing power. Generally solo mining is considered to be useless.

2. Well its not going to be good ofc. If you are planing on mining on a laptop forget about it, they are not prepared to dissipate so much heat, unless its a gaming ready pc like an alienware or something you might have a chance but.. Aniway adding some extra ventilation is always a good thing to do, as wel as monitoring the equipment's temperatures.

3. Depends of your electricity costs and your mining hardware, you should calculate how much it costs you to mine. There are various calculator in the internet that will tell you how much you will mine at current dificulty according to your hashing power.

4. You can buy/sell them from people taking the risk or do it through an exchange which will act as an intermediate in the transaction for a fee.
See mt gox, btc-e amongst others.

5. Well I have never mined but i am quite shure you can.

6. At that hash rate currently you would mine 0.02 bitcoins per 24h, thats $2.51. You will know if its worth it for you, if not you could try mining other alternate cryptocurrencies such as Litecoins which will probably give you a better reward. Also take into consideration that difficulty rises everytime and if BFL starts deliverying its ASICS there will be a huge rise in it that will probably leave all GPU miners out of play.

Thank you so much! i feel it could be worth it to me i think :S ima just go out and get 1 coin and then hold it while there worth alot, and switch to litecoins Smiley
mon94key (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:59:04 PM

Okay i've tried all night to mine LTE coins and i cant work it out Cry i downloaded "guiminer" and copyed what people said to do but it hasnt worked? i got finished downloading all the blocks and it just says "connection issues" i can mine though the actal litewallet not guiminer tho can somone help me with that to? Cheesy
jabulani

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:19:28 AM

Okay i've tried all night to mine LTE coins and i cant work it out Cry i downloaded "guiminer" and copyed what people said to do but it hasnt worked? i got finished downloading all the blocks and it just says "connection issues" i can mine though the actal litewallet not guiminer tho can somone help me with that to? Cheesy

Maybe this will help you
http://cryptojunky.com/blog/2013/03/12/absolute-beginners-guide-to-litecoin-mining/
mon94key (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:34:12 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 01:08:42 AM by mon94key

Maybe this will help you
http://cryptojunky.com/blog/2013/03/12/absolute-beginners-guide-to-litecoin-mining/

thats what i used :/ it just forever says connecting and never mines Sad does it have to beinside a certien folder? does litecoin have to be running/turned off at same time? its really irrateing me :/

whoo got it to work Cheesy only took 6 hours! hashing at 272/s and gpu running at 54 dergreese with 53% fan speed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: