Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Closing FaucetBOX  (Read 661 times)
justallen (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 03:44:35 PM

Bad news for everyone who loves claiming faucet. FaucetBOX today announced they will close the service:

We have a sad news to announce: FaucetBOX.com is closing. We disabled creating new accounts today. On 19 December 2016 we will disable our API, which means that faucets using FaucetBOX.com will stop working. We will continue to handle withdrawals for owners and users until 16 January 2017. You have 6 weeks to update your faucets and migrate to other micropayments services. Remember that you have to reach the payout threshold to receive a withdrawal. Faucet owners will have to manually withdraw their coins in Dashboard before 16 January 2017.

FaucetBOX.com never operated with a fractional reserve. We have enough funds to withdraw coins to all users and owners with balance above the payout threshold.

To ease the transition and give alternative to faucet owners, we released Faucet in a BOX update which adds Paytoshi.org and ePay.info support. We will continue releasing updates of our faucet script in the future.

Despite many efforts and great growth FaucetBOX.com didn’t turn into a profitable business and we’re not able to sustain it anymore.

We would like to thank all of our users, faucet owners and our whole community. You were great and supportive. We are very glad we could deliver you fast, easy to use and secure service. For many faucets are the first contact with cryptocurrencies and we believe that FaucetBOX.com left a positive mark on this industry.

Summarizing:
If you’re a faucet user, make sure you’ve reached the payout threshold before 16 January 2017.
If you’re a faucet owner, make sure you’ve migrated your faucet before 19 December 2016 and withdrawn all your coins before 16 January 2017.

What will happen now to 2000+ faucet? Do we move to ePay or Paytoshi?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 03:54:10 PM

Paytoshi is closing as well on December 14th.

I think in the micro earnings part of this forum somebody is announcing that he wants to build a new micro payment system.
From all I have read migration from faucetbox to his system should be possible.

It's me!!!
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 04:02:33 PM

The bigger question would be if something like this could ever be profitable.
I've used faucetbox a couple of times a long time ago and the system was pretty nice, but I think this sort of thing could never be financially viable.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:03:39 PM

I was never a fan of Faucetbox.com myself , as I never liked the idea of having to use a third party software to gather coins , I prefer faucets that pays directly to users addresses . Imagine the number of the faucets that are going to close now ... It's going to be huge.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 04:07:30 PM

Well, it was expected. I tried some experiments in building own faucet and even a faucet rotator. Facuetbox was amazing service and making it easier for faucet managers but still I have noticed that the placement of ads was worst on each another faucet which was breaking ad placement policies and ethics so I was expecting short life of such malpractices. Faucetbox gave great service but unfortunately most of the faucetbox users never built ethical wallets and that lead to their loss.
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:08:03 PM

Old news!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1672743.0
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 06:49:59 PM

I was never a fan of Faucetbox.com myself , as I never liked the idea of having to use a third party software to gather coins , I prefer faucets that pays directly to users addresses . Imagine the number of the faucets that are going to close now ... It's going to be huge.
Faucets that pays directly to wallet is risky because user can be scammed. And it's not good because it requires lot of work to reach payout treshold on every faucet. Yes, many faucets will close soon, but I think mostly serious faucets will move on other services like epay or faucethub.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:55:05 PM

This is bad news for me since i have lots of faucetbox faucet list in my rotator that can affect my possive income in my rotator and referrals.. and i hope they can change their decision or they will start a new faucetbox and install to other domain.. epay for me is worst one  and they have already a rotator that you can make manually..
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:01:48 PM

This is bad news for me since i have lots of faucetbox faucet list in my rotator that can affect my possive income in my rotator and referrals.. and i hope they can change their decision or they will start a new faucetbox and install to other domain.. epay for me is worst one  and they have already a rotator that you can make manually..
No need to worry about your income. You'll probably going to generate even more income after faucethub.io launches.

For more information: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1672870.0

Wish you good luck.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:25:57 PM

Faucets that pays directly to wallet is risky because user can be scammed. And it's not good because it requires lot of work to reach payout treshold on every faucet. Yes, many faucets will close soon, but I think mostly serious faucets will move on other services like epay or faucethub.

And sometimes takes too much time to reach threshold, making it useless for who doesn't run faucets all day long. Most people want to just claim and receive their satoshis instantly on FaucetBox. Without FaucetBox anymore, we need a new good service to make our little transactions and I think it will be FaucetHub. It's boring also to have many faucets using different micro payment systems.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 09:33:12 PM

You never liked faucetbox where you could withdraw 13K satoshi, but you like faucets with withrawal limits 20000+ satoshi(i say 20K because of fee)? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Bad news for everyone who loves claiming faucet. FaucetBOX today announced they will close the service:

We have a sad news to announce: FaucetBOX.com is closing. We disabled creating new accounts today. On 19 December 2016 we will disable our API, which means that faucets using FaucetBOX.com will stop working. We will continue to handle withdrawals for owners and users until 16 January 2017. You have 6 weeks to update your faucets and migrate to other micropayments services. Remember that you have to reach the payout threshold to receive a withdrawal. Faucet owners will have to manually withdraw their coins in Dashboard before 16 January 2017.

FaucetBOX.com never operated with a fractional reserve. We have enough funds to withdraw coins to all users and owners with balance above the payout threshold.

To ease the transition and give alternative to faucet owners, we released Faucet in a BOX update which adds Paytoshi.org and ePay.info support. We will continue releasing updates of our faucet script in the future.

Despite many efforts and great growth FaucetBOX.com didn’t turn into a profitable business and we’re not able to sustain it anymore.

We would like to thank all of our users, faucet owners and our whole community. You were great and supportive. We are very glad we could deliver you fast, easy to use and secure service. For many faucets are the first contact with cryptocurrencies and we believe that FaucetBOX.com left a positive mark on this industry.

Summarizing:
If you’re a faucet user, make sure you’ve reached the payout threshold before 16 January 2017.
If you’re a faucet owner, make sure you’ve migrated your faucet before 19 December 2016 and withdrawn all your coins before 16 January 2017.

This news is few days old, and paytoshi is closing too. Alternatives are epay, xapo and faucethub. Or pay direct to wallet.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:42:44 PM

Summarizing:

yeah this could a bad news for those who are claiming from faucetbox but there are lots of faucet rotator and that could be alternate for faucetbox and lots of faucets with a good reward such as xapo etc. this could not be a big loss for those people who loves claiming rewards from faucets .
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 10:42:51 PM

yeah this could a bad news for those who are claiming from faucetbox but there are lots of faucet rotator and that could be alternate for faucetbox and lots of faucets with a good reward such as xapo etc. this could not be a big loss for those people who loves claiming rewards from faucets .
If we talk about Xapo, there are only 20-30 active faucets. It can't be compared with Faucetbox. I already saw that few faucets moved to epay and xapo services. But mostly owners are waiting start of Faucethub service and then they will move their faucets. And still we have enough time before closing of Faucetbox.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: