Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Information on BFL Preorders  (Read 2730 times)
SlickMcFavorite (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:38:53 PM

Hi all,

This thread is to share information about what we know in regards to BFLs pre-orders. Specifically, I would like to figure out what their earliest order numbers are.

Here is some stuff that people have voluntarily shared (it is, hence, un-verified as far as I can tell):
http://bfl.ptz.ro/

Does anyone know what the first order number should be? What kind of unit it was?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:09:24 AM

Don't click that link.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
SlickMcFavorite (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:35:54 AM

Wait, why?

It hasn't tried to install anything malicious on my computer.

Anyhow, I realized after I posted it that there's a more complete list on the forums already:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:51:12 AM

no malware fo me to? 

Maybe hes aious seeing so much vapohashware:)

KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:31:06 PM

Regardless of whether it was a malicious link or not, it was still right for him to warn people not to be stupid and click it.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:36:36 PM

I don't think anyone knows, and now with the reduced hashrate, increased power envelope and increased prices what people will get, if anything, seems as big a question as when.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
SlickMcFavorite (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:46:09 PM

I'm trying to gather information to verify some stuff that a potential seller has told me. For instance, he claims he pre-ordered a Little Single but that his order # is 1645. This is a lower number than any I've seen, and I was under the impression that Little Singles were not announced until a while after the first three BFL models.

But, yeah, at this point, the people who pre-ordered stuff from BFL would have been so much better off just holding BTC...even if their products meet expectations (which, currently, they don't).
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:05:45 PM

I'm trying to gather information to verify some stuff that a potential seller has told me. For instance, he claims he pre-ordered a Little Single but that his order # is 1645. This is a lower number than any I've seen, and I was under the impression that Little Singles were not announced until a while after the first three BFL models.

But, yeah, at this point, the people who pre-ordered stuff from BFL would have been so much better off just holding BTC...even if their products meet expectations (which, currently, they don't).

Well, it's possible this person preordered a Jalepeno early and then later upgraded that order to a little single when that became an option, but I wouldn't be taking their word for it. I think BFL has been confirming these claims for people who buy/sell preorders (I've seen reference to it in the past), but I don't have a link or anything.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:17:46 PM

From what I understand 1645 is around about right. It is probably one of the first. On the 25th June I had order 1920. Eventually ordered and paid on order 2080.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
SlickMcFavorite (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:40:10 PM

Well, it's possible this person preordered a Jalepeno early and then later upgraded that order to a little single when that became an option, but I wouldn't be taking their word for it. I think BFL has been confirming these claims for people who buy/sell preorders (I've seen reference to it in the past), but I don't have a link or anything.

He claims he DID NOT order a Jalepeno and then upgrade -- he says he straight up ordered a Little Single.

Either way, the deal probably won't happen. The guy has sent me a screengrab of his confirmation but won't send me any identifying information and won't use escrow. His solution for making a secure transaction is that I pay him 1/2 of his asking price now, and then half after he receives the miner and ships it to me.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:02:01 PM

He claims he DID NOT order a Jalepeno and then upgrade -- he says he straight up ordered a Little Single.

Either way, the deal probably won't happen. The guy has sent me a screengrab of his confirmation but won't send me any identifying information and won't use escrow. His solution for making a secure transaction is that I pay him 1/2 of his asking price now, and then half after he receives the miner and ships it to me.

Sounds very scammy - there's no way he straight up order a little single with that order number. The only possibility is that the order numbers are somehow non-sequential (highly doubtful), and if so his order is way back in the que. I'm glad scammers are stupid, so it's usually possible to uncover some inconsistency in their story.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:16:53 PM

Sounds very scammy - there's no way he straight up order a little single with that order number. The only possibility is that the order numbers are somehow non-sequential (highly doubtful), and if so his order is way back in the que. I'm glad scammers are stupid, so it's usually possible to uncover some inconsistency in their story.

Dargo;
What happens to the people that ordered rigs?  That is a lot of the pre-order money.   Obviously they cannot build the rig and do not want to admit that the people who told them it was not possible were correct.   But, what will are they going to do?   It will really affect who gets what and when since their wafer yield has just halved.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:42:14 PM

Dargo;
What happens to the people that ordered rigs?  That is a lot of the pre-order money.   Obviously they cannot build the rig and do not want to admit that the people who told them it was not possible were correct.   But, what will are they going to do?   It will really affect who gets what and when since their wafer yield has just halved.

Honestly, IDK. There's enough FUD and speculation about this already without me entering the fray as well. But I'll say this. I personally don't see the point of requesting a refund, since if everyone does that BFL will go BK for sure (or disappear, or just ignore the refund requests, etc.). But suppose I got my refund for the single SC today. With that money I could buy less than 10 bitcoins, and I'm pretty sure that even if it takes BFL six more months to deliver, I will be able to mine more than 10 coins with 60 Gh/s (or at least mine more than $1300 US dollars worth). At this point, I consider my order a gamble that might get me coins cheaper than I could buy them now, or may get me nothing. I think BFL is trying to deliver (not an intentional scam), but they have arrogantly overestimated their skill. I think most likely they will eventually deliver an out of spec product (i.e. compared to original claimed spec), but people will get the Gh they ordered. But if you want to debate me on this point, I'm frankly not interested in getting into it - instead join in one of the many threads that are hashing this out. I hope I don't come across as being an ass about this, that isn't my intention. I the issue is a perfectly good one to debate - it's just that personally I don't have any interest in doing this.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:48:24 PM

Not interested in debate.   My thoughts are they deliver something at some time.   The timing, I believe is June and then I just need to model what the I think is coming on line.   I know avalon will deliver II in april (latter part) and III in May.   I assume FriedCat delivers what he says and puts it up on the boards for auction in late april and it takes a week or so to get on line.   BFL is the unknown.    Changes #of BTC per day in any model.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:56:21 PM

Not interested in debate.   My thoughts are they deliver something at some time.   The timing, I believe is June and then I just need to model what the I think is coming on line.   I know avalon will deliver II in april (latter part) and III in May.   I assume FriedCat delivers what he says and puts it up on the boards for auction in late april and it takes a week or so to get on line.   BFL is the unknown.    Changes #of BTC per day in any model.

Good, we essentially agree, except I'm not trying to model anything. But that is because I just mine and hold, which so far has worked out waaaay better than sell-as-you-go mining. But I'm very bullish on bitcoin - my low end target is $1000, and even then will only sell part of my coins. This plan may blow up in my face, but it's a risk I understand and am willing to take.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Good, we essentially agree, except I'm not trying to model anything. But that is because I just mine and hold, which so far has worked out waaaay better than sell-as-you-go mining. But I'm very bullish on bitcoin - my low end target is $1000, and even then will only sell part of my coins. This plan may blow up in my face, but it's a risk I understand and am willing to take.

Who said anything about doing f/x on the btc?   That is idiotic unless you do not have cash flow in your local currency.   I do not want to be subject to finCen.  If you mine and hold, you have nothing to report.   I model because I want to know how many coins I end up with.  I am a 10,000 believer and I do not believe I am stupid.  look at AMZN in june of 98.  that is where we are right now with btc.

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:12:17 PM

After waiting this many months and losing out on thousands in BTC profits from coins we could have bought (but instead spent on BFL rigs), it is safe to say that BFL customers are at this point, as we say in the poker world, "pot committed." We have put so much money in the pot already that folding at this point in time is simply too painful - its better to see our hand through to the end - win or lose, we have have to bite the bullet.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:13:52 PM

After waiting this many months and losing out on thousands in BTC profits from coins we could have bought (but instead spent on BFL rigs), it is safe to say that BFL customers are at this point, as we say in the poker world, "pot committed." We have put so much money in the pot already that folding at this point in time is simply too painful - its better to see our hand through to the end - win or lose, we have have to bite the bullet.
but you had a 2 7 off suit dude.  have we seen the flop yet?

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:44:28 PM

Who said anything about doing f/x on the btc?   That is idiotic unless you do not have cash flow in your local currency.   I do not want to be subject to finCen.  If you mine and hold, you have nothing to report.   I model because I want to know how many coins I end up with.  I am a 10,000 believer and I do not believe I am stupid.  look at AMZN in june of 98.  that is where we are right now with btc.

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you are going to mine and sell, and I think it is far from stupid to think in terms of 10,000 (I'll hold some for this). Maybe the miner profile has changed, but back in the day it was dominated by sell-as-you-go mentality, so that's why I assumed. I guess I don't model b/c I'm just trying to grab as many coins as I can, and am too lazy to try and project what that might be. I totally agree with cdog that BFL customers are "pot committed" at this point. If I had do-overs, I wouldn't give BFL a satoshi - can I haz do-overs please?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:52:38 PM

To get to a realistic number like 10,000 you need more than just flippers and hoarders.   We need a VC firm to step up and start financing things that will require stupid capital (because of regulations and compliance) to get BTC used in the mainstream.   POS terminals is the best idea (until visa/mc lobby you to death which is why someone has to build something and then get serious VC money).   I am trying to put together some stuff but it costs a lot and it is a balance between hoarding coins and financing things that help your hoard go up.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 12:01:44 AM

I want to see the gaming license of the dealer.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:05:17 AM

I want to see the gaming license of the dealer.
I really want to see the flop so I can figure out if there will be a turn card or just a muck.
btw, where is the steel rod?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:07:38 AM

I received my pre-oderous BFL rig and it is now plugged in generating 20 Gigavaporhashes per second.
You are all insanely jealous of me.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:16:01 AM

To get to a realistic number like 10,000 you need more than just flippers and hoarders.   We need a VC firm to step up and start financing things that will require stupid capital (because of regulations and compliance) to get BTC used in the mainstream.   POS terminals is the best idea (until visa/mc lobby you to death which is why someone has to build something and then get serious VC money).   I am trying to put together some stuff but it costs a lot and it is a balance between hoarding coins and financing things that help your hoard go up.

Yep, 10,000 will require serious development - good luck to you, and let's hope BFL pulls through alright. To be fair, part of my complaint against them is due to the insane bull run - not something in their control.  
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:17:54 AM

I received my pre-oderous BFL rig and it is now plugged in generating 20 Gigavaporhashes per second.
You are all insanely jealous of me.

And at 0 watts no less. So jealous.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:55:05 AM

After waiting this many months and losing out on thousands in BTC profits from coins we could have bought (but instead spent on BFL rigs), it is safe to say that BFL customers are at this point, as we say in the poker world, "pot committed."

Let's hope we're not about to suffer a bad beat from BFL after getting our money in good.
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 08:21:44 AM

Is OP an owner of the http://bfl.ptz.ro/ ?

The list looks good and visually much better than the one over here in bitcointalk.org

Could you please add the following functionality to the site:

Allow people to communicate the following info:

1. Modifications to existing Orders (upgrades from 5GH to little single or single).
2. Canceled Orders
3. Change status of the order: delivered/shipped
4. Send comments/corrections about existing orders

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:58:41 AM

Hi all,

This thread is to share information about what we know in regards to BFLs pre-orders. Specifically, I would like to figure out what their earliest order numbers are.

Here is some stuff that people have voluntarily shared (it is, hence, un-verified as far as I can tell):
http://bfl.ptz.ro/

Does anyone know what the first order number should be? What kind of unit it was?

I am quite surprised that the jalapeno isn't the most popular selling model. People are doing this to try and make money, not because the want to have fun with hardware, that's for sure.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 10:07:20 AM

Is OP an owner of the http://bfl.ptz.ro/ ?

The list looks good and visually much better than the one over here in bitcointalk.org

Could you please add the following functionality to the site:

Allow people to communicate the following info:

1. Modifications to existing Orders (upgrades from 5GH to little single or single).
2. Canceled Orders
3. Change status of the order: delivered/shipped
4. Send comments/corrections about existing orders

Holy Shit! That explains why there's been no call for tradeins yet, for only Jolly Jellies are currently being shipped and the tradeins don't apply. Slick move!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: