Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 Dell Optiplex 320s  (Read 1072 times)
Cume1995@gmail.com (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:52:25 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 03:38:17 AM by Cume1995@gmail.com

I won't have the chance to start for a week, so i was just curious to what you guys might think. They are pieces of crap, but with 20 of them i thought I may have something decent and I was wondering what hash rate one might get with all those computers. Here are the specs:

Intel Celeron D: 3.06 GHz
RAM Installed Size: 4 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 80.0 GB
Graphics Processor / Vendor: ATI RADEON X300

NOTE: I have access to 20.
moneymoney1111

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:57:25 PM

Mine LTC with them.
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:58:07 PM

Seems legit.

Are you in the UK?

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
Cume1995@gmail.com (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:16:48 AM

Nope. USA
lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:28:41 AM

I think you need to make bootable USB stick, find the best compiling options for that CPU compile miner and mine.

Or launch hidden mining process at startup at the lowest priority on all of them, for LTC minerd work the best for me.

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
Cume1995@gmail.com (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:46:53 AM

I think you need to make bootable USB stick, find the best compiling options for that CPU compile miner and mine.

Or launch hidden mining process at startup at the lowest priority on all of them, for LTC minerd work the best for me.

Good Idea! Run BTC or LTC miner in the background while they are running. In this case, is CPU better than GPU at mining?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:56:05 AM

in either case, you will make no profit if you account for electricity (even when mining litecoins)

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
eadmanday

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:13:15 AM

Same not paying for Electro is nice.
Cume1995@gmail.com (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:16:07 AM

Same not paying for Electro is nice.

Yes it is! Smiley What do you guys estimate per month for BTCs or LTCs mined?
lbr

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:40:38 AM

Good Idea! Run BTC or LTC miner in the background while they are running. In this case, is CPU better than GPU at mining?

I'm not sure x300 even supports ATI Stream. I'm sure it does not support OpenCL though.
So.. CPU, LTC.

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
lbr

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:42:53 AM

Also, I think setting up stratum proxy in your local network would be a good idea.
However, I've failed to do that.
So, maybe not stratum but some kind of proxy, maybe native qt daemon with a node pointing to pool.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:44:02 AM

Yeah 20% of nothing is still nothing...
Cume1995@gmail.com (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:45:22 AM

I'm not sure x300 even supports ATI Stream. I'm sure it does not support OpenCL though.
So.. CPU, LTC.

LTC with the CPU. Thanks Smiley How many you think I can mine per month?
lbr

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:56:02 AM

So.. CPU, LTC.

LTC with the CPU. Thanks Smiley How many you think I can mine per month?

Plz point to exact specs of your PCs. Or find your CPU here http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Celeron_D/

Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:21:09 AM

Hate to be the legal Debbie Downer, but regardless of the "permission" of your teacher, you're likely going to be violating school rules for misuse of school property and committing theft of electricity.  Also possibly vandalism.  Your teacher most likely does not have the authority to consent to such an act, and in fact the two of you have now likely committed the crime of conspiracy. 

This is a bad idea, for very little gain, and I highly recommend against it.

But do what you want.  I couldn't care less, just wanted to let you know what possible consequences you could face if you got caught and the school got pissed enough to pursue it. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
bowen151

Activity: 658

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

Hate to be the legal Debbie Downer, but regardless of the "permission" of your teacher, you're likely going to be violating school rules for misuse of school property and committing theft of electricity.  Also possibly vandalism.  Your teacher most likely does not have the authority to consent to such an act, and in fact the two of you have now likely committed the crime of conspiracy. 

This is a bad idea, for very little gain, and I highly recommend against it.

But do what you want.  I couldn't care less, just wanted to let you know what possible consequences you could face if you got caught and the school got pissed enough to pursue it. 

+1

(Coming from a UK school computer technician, your teacher is a bit of a fool for even saying this is ok, seriously this has the potential to get you expelled or something similar, your school most likely dosent even own that equipment your about to run into the ground, a lot of schools are required to lease out machines from national companies who will provide them with equipment and support, this is not cheap)

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
MrPickles

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:58:22 AM

I won't have the chance to start for a week, so i was just curious to what you guys might think. They are pieces of crap, but with 20 of them i thought I may have something decent and I was wondering what hash rate one might get with all those computers. Here are the specs:

Intel Celeron D: 3.06 GHz
RAM Installed Size: 4 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 80.0 GB
Graphics Processor / Vendor: ATI RADEON X300

NOTE: I have access to 20.

don't lose your job over it! Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: