Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:17:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ADVICE: Using ZIPZAP & Moneygram with multiple deposits...Careful.  (Read 989 times)
PachucoBro (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 12:36:55 AM

Just some good information to those who are looking to use BitInstant or other transaction services that limit you on amounts of deposit that then get sent through ZipZap & Moneygram.

ZipZap does not allow multiple transactions through the Moneygram network from the same location and/or the same person.

Example:
  • Bitinstant limits me to $500 per deposit. I want to deposit $1,500 so I make 3 different deposits using my name, email and phone number.
  • ZipZap uses Moneygram and I go to make the Bill Payment to ZipZap.
  • First transaction goes through... the second and following ones come up with an error stating it may be a duplicate transaction.

Moneygram confirmed this is the reason and told me I need to go to a different location to process the payment. Which I did and it worked just fine, but such a hassle when you have 3+ deposits to make.

To get around this is easy and save yourself some trips around town.

When filling out the information for your name and phone number on ZipZap's site... make a slight variation such as:
Your Name: Iwana B Coin
2nd Transaction Name: Iwana Coin
3rd Transaction Name: Iwana B Coin II
4th Transaction Name: Iwana B Coin III
etc.

This name is used incase the person taking payment asks for your ID. Long as your name is pretty close the clerk is not going to deny you from paying a bill, maybe if you were trying to RECEIVE money, but not sending it.

Moneygram instructed me to do this because ZipZap does not allow the multiple transactions in the same day from the same location, but if I were to change my name then it would go through. As you know, with the BitInstant system you have to fill out your name prior to going to pay so changing it up later over the Moneygram phone or on the payment slip will then fail on ZipZap side because it will not match what you entered in to begin with.

Hope this helps some people from having to spend an hour at Moneygram or driving around town.

0.0001 BTC makes a great Thank You  Cool 1BMkRYs7zTmVxv2QtdR4d8rffwrqGLyXhg
hiima

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:29:21 AM

Good advice, I don't think they care about a single person buying multiple times, but it makes it easier to track.

Whiskey Fund BTC 1K2SG4amzNrB7gUwf5braHuExqnQ5nEKZp LTC Lgoz9gb7q39FMAmBz8odfkx4YFhLeofCpc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: