Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 06:54:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Variable difficulty pool and PPS share earnings  (Read 868 times)
roy7 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:36:00 AM

In a pool with variable difficulty you can set, and PPS paying on each share, is it the difficulty of the share you submit that factors into the earnings you get or just the difficulty you were set at?

For instance, running cgminer you might see a lot of "1/1" giving the pool what it is asking for. If I set difficulty to 2, then I see "2/2" and get twice the payout as a "1/1" (at least how BitParking does it). However what happens when the block I have accepted is "30/2"? Do you get the normal payout for a 2 difficulty block, or do you get 15 times that for delivering a block that was 15x higher difficulty?

What prompted my curiosity earlier was seeing a 47.5K/1 block get accepted earlier while mining PPCoins.

Thanks!
roy7 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:04:48 AM

Ok I finally found what I was trying to sort out. The difficulty you deliver doesn't matter in normal PPS, only the difficulty they are asking for. On POT (Pay On Target) pools, you are paid based on the difficulty you deliver like I was wondering about above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: