Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:30:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my left over bit coin!  (Read 1431 times)
alphachigurl (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:37:29 AM

Im still really new to all this bitcoin stuff but I have accumulated a lot of bitcoin and spent most of them on SR, but I have about 50 left and I recently found out i'm going on a church mission for 2 years and I wont be allowed access to internet. Sad   I really want to get some of my money back for what I have.  Im thinking of selling them only for $100 so that they sell really quickly and I am open to take any method of payment even paypal or Western union!
if you are interested email me at alphachi@tormail.org
Minlukaz

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:51:11 AM

I would honestly just hold on to them.. odds are they will be worth more than now when you return. Don't short yourself.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:00:55 AM

Hmm.  1 post, happens to have $6,600 worth of Bitcoins just "leftover"*.  Needs to sell them really fast, really chip.

I put odds that this is going to end very badly.

* What you were buying a $5M Yatch on Silk Road and that $6,600 is just the rounding error?
BTCBUDDY1

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:04:06 AM

im confused? how would it end baddly she said she would accept paypal... if anything it would end bad for HER

I'm back.
zenrith

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:04:23 AM

Either set up an account on an auction house and trade them quickly for a lowball price or....

Do what Jesus would do with his btc... donate them!  You are going on a church mission afterall.

1J8ujVPYoBf5QmJKyCMbfBgTuMhbD8zoQn

Wink

the @tormail.org address is a little fishy..  oh, I guess it's okay.. Jesus was a carpenter and he had many fishermen friends... lol
alphachigurl (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:09:44 AM

just to clarify I meant $100 per bitcoin, a few people have thought I meant $100 for all 50, that is a bit ludacris. I also have a yahoo email if anyone would like it! I just found on SR that most people dont like that! lol
Thanks for the input guys!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:10:48 AM

im confused? how would it end baddly she said she would accept paypal... if anything it would end bad for HER

Plenty of ways scammers can scam accepting PayPal.  Most legit users don't know all the ins and outs of PayPal convoluted claims process.  For example on a gift if you dispute it and state anything other than you didn't make it your account was compromised PayPal will err on the side of the giftee.  Most marks assume PayPal is safe if you do this, or safe if you don't do that.  The scammers know all the angles.

TL/DR you can get scammed buying OR selling with PayPal.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:32:04 AM

PayPal is such a bad idea, don't touch with a barge pole. There are may better ways to get paid without all the risks.

Or costs for that matter. Use one of the various money transfer services.
Rallye

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:37:44 AM

only use paypal if you know the person you are selling to very well.  other than that, id just stay away from it altogether.  I almost sold some bitcoins using paypal, and i am so glad i didnt.
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:41:18 AM

Sell them on coinbase.com and get $130 each.  you'll have them in your bank account in two days.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:42:03 AM

Im still really new to all this bitcoin stuff but I have accumulated a lot of bitcoin and spent most of them on SR, but I have about 50 left and I recently found out i'm going on a church mission for 2 years and I wont be allowed access to internet. Sad   I really want to get some of my money back for what I have.  Im thinking of selling them only for $100 so that they sell really quickly and I am open to take any method of payment even paypal or Western union!
if you are interested email me at alphachi@tormail.org

Sure, I will do it. You send BTC first, or use escrow. Deal ? We will user John K. for escrow, if you choose to use escrow.
Ray Gun

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:46:24 AM

and as always after 1000 warnings someone will post: omg i was scammed by OP! what a !@x!@
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:49:11 AM

What ? Not interested ? Yeah - that's what I was expecting.

ChickaDee is that you ? Or is it dayasinfo ?  Grin
Ray Gun

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:53:19 AM

What ? Not interested ? Yeah - that's what I was expecting.

ChickaDee is that you ? Or is it dayasinfo ?  Grin

+1

@OP  You nailed it with the church missioner buying on silk road. Better luck on your next scam shitbag.
M3t

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:59:34 AM

Sell them on coinbase.com and get $130 each.  you'll have them in your bank account in two days.

this
BTCBUDDY1

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:49:19 PM

lol aas soon as i proposed escrow i stopped heaaring back from her Tongue

I'm back.
Colaxais

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:57:03 PM

Wow... Is church mission really the best thing scammers around here can come up with...?
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:00:51 PM

Your god commands you send them all to us for free Wink

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
cly

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:05:34 PM

Your god commands you send them all to us for free Wink

Same god - do not give them to me. Spend them on a project you like which accepts Bitcoin.
Some Healthcare or archive.org or wikileaks or....
Do it on a social organisation.

And to get your Karma++ tell us your BTAddress and where you spend the bitcoins - we are curious Smiley
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

I recently found out i'm going on a church mission for 2 years and I wont be allowed access to internet. Sad 

Is that what jail for a parole violation is called these days, "a church mission"?
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: